Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Paddy-o
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

April (resized).jpeg
    dogwoods1 006 (resized).JPG
    Shazade Chas Siddiqi.jpg
    Chas (resized).jpg
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

--Edit--

For those of you who are able, please consider donating to the GoFundMe setup by Chas's son and family to help with funeral costs.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/remembering-chas-siddiqi

He was such a joy to work with and we were so lucky to have him just a phone call away.

He spent nearly 30 years of his life supporting many of us when we needed him.

--Edit--

We received the following email this afternoon.

We are so shocked and saddened to hear of Chas's passing. He was so kind and helpful every time we called.

He was such as asset to the pinball community and I know he has helped a ton of us over the years.

Rest in Peace Chas and thank you for everything you did for all of us.

Bill
    Fargo Pinball
    Chas (resized).jpgChas (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

This is so sad. He was always so patient and helpful to me.

#3 3 years ago

Always helpful with me!

#4 3 years ago

Wow. Wasn't expecting that. A terrible loss to Stern and the pinball community.

My condolences to his loved ones.

LTG : (

#5 3 years ago

Oh shit. Chas was awesome. I didn't know him personally but we had several conversations and emails over the years and he was always super helpful. All the best to his family. Stern won't find him easy to replace.

#6 3 years ago

Shocking. He was always helpful and pleasant when I spoke with him. My condolences to all.

#7 3 years ago

Oh no, he was very helpful to me. Much love to his friends and family.

#8 3 years ago

#10 3 years ago

Shazade Chas Siddiqi.jpgShazade Chas Siddiqi.jpg
    Recquiescat.

#11 3 years ago

Sad to hear. He was always super helpful and a great guy to deal with whenever I spoke to him.

#12 3 years ago

Very sad news. Chaz always helped me directly instead of all the red tape. Hard to believe.

#13 3 years ago

He was the best person over there period. He always tried to help and always delivered. I am going to miss him. My condolences to his family. He was a true gentleman.

#14 3 years ago

Chaz always helped me out--he was a great guy, an asset to the pinball community and will be greatly missed.

#15 3 years ago

Dammm, chazzz was the best super friendly and knowledgeable I will miss him (I send my condolences) 2020 blows

#16 3 years ago

Wow, I'm shocked. That's terrible news. I never met him personally but dealt with him lots of times, and he was always nice and helpful. He'll be missed. I offer my sincere condolences to his family, friends, and coworkers.

#17 3 years ago

So sad. He was amazing as a person and tech.

Makes me very sad and sorry to his family and work family.

#18 3 years ago

This is very sad news. Chas was very helpful and friendly, spoke with him on many occasions over the years. He really knew his stuff. My condolences to his family.

#19 3 years ago

Oh no ! Man chas the best I only wrote to him if I had an issue. It’s going to be impossible to find someone like him . What a sad day
    Wish family the best

#20 3 years ago

That sucks!!! Only dealt with him a couple times. He was good and extremely helpful. He will be missed!

#21 3 years ago

Chaz was a true class act. Walked me through several issues I had over the years with the utmost detail. To do that over the phone is not an easy task. He will be greatly missed.

#22 3 years ago

Condolences to the whole Stern crew

#23 3 years ago

Sucks, great guy to work with.

#24 3 years ago

That is so sad. Definitely one of the best guys in Pinball.

My condolences to all his family and loved ones. I am sure he will be sorely missed by us all.

#25 3 years ago

Wow, he was one the best techs I've dealt with in the amusement industry. Never had an unresolved issue when he was helping. Real sorry to hear this.

#26 3 years ago

Terrible news! Always very nice when I've spoken to him. Eager to help. He had been with Stern for decades. A great guy and a wealth of knowledge has been in lost.

#27 3 years ago

So sad , Stern has lost it's best asset . He would always do what ever it took to help out .

#28 3 years ago

Wow, so sad to hear, extremely helpful and friendly every time I’ve called. My thoughts go out to his family. He will be missed by so many people.

#29 3 years ago

i have that sad feeling when i feel like i know someone really well because i’ve spoken to them 100 times over the telephone, but never got the pleasure to meet them in person. now it’s too late. RIP Chas. Don’t worry, I’ll find a way to pester you with my new pinball issues up there too, man.

#30 3 years ago

Very sad to hear, thoughts and prayers for his family and loved ones.

#31 3 years ago

This is such sad news he was always very nice and helpful. He even gave us a tour of the factory once when we were in the area RIP.

#32 3 years ago

So sorry to hear this. Chas had a wealth of knowledge and was understanding & kind. He will be missed. Condolences to his family, friends, and coworkers.

#33 3 years ago

He was my go-to guy. Always went above and beyond rest in peace.

#34 3 years ago

I have only called Stern twice and he answered both times. In each case I was asking for support on a second hand pin in which he spent more than enough time to advise. Great service and he will be missed.

#35 3 years ago

I'll echo the shock of this one. I probably talked to Chas at least once per NIB game I bought and met him in 2014 during a tour of the old factory. This sure does suck.

#36 3 years ago

Always knew you were going to get the help you needed when Chas answered the phone.
    RIP

#37 3 years ago

Sorry to hear this. Helped me on a couple occasions. Very nice guy when talking on the phone.

#38 3 years ago

Man, that’s rough. Even when he told me no, he was always polite. Such a loss.

#39 3 years ago

Very helpful every time I called . He had a lot of patience with me . RIP

#40 3 years ago

Damn. Rest in peace, Chas.

Always professional. Even with some of my dumb shit tech calls when I was a kid starting out in this business. And even the dumb shit questions I asked him just months ago.

"Steeeeerrrn Pinball, this is Chas...."

"Hey, Chas, this damn Star Wars seems to have blown almost every node and sub node"

"Ah man, Brian, that's the first I've heard of that"

Somehow I was always the first!!

I'll really miss him.

#41 3 years ago

Terrible news. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and everyone at Stern.

#42 3 years ago

So sad. Rest in peace, chas. We're gonna miss you.

#43 3 years ago

Irreplaceable. Chas always picked up when i needed something. Super stand up guy.

Damn.

#44 3 years ago

Very sad to hear. Condolences to his family and Stern.

#45 3 years ago

What a kind and wonderful man! We talked quite a bit over the years solving problems. He was NEVER negative and always helpful in every department. A TOP Stern employee and service tech. Chas...I will see you in the service department in heaven one day! Todd N. Tuckey

#46 3 years ago

Terrible news...Chas was the best!

Ugh....

#47 3 years ago

Very sorry to hear this. Chas helped me many times over the years. He was always quick to respond to emails and never failed to solve a problem. He was an asset to Stern and the whole community. My deepest condolences to his friends, family and coworkers.

#48 3 years ago

What a loss there. Chaz helped me out all the time. Terrible news and loss, rest in piece.

#49 3 years ago

Such Sad news to hear this
    One of the nicest people to talk to
    And so helpful all the time

He will be missed by so many

RIP

#50 3 years ago

Chas was always super helpful. He will be missed.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chas-an-amazing-tech-support-engineer-at-stern-has-passed-away-?hl=flippinjimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.