Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Paddy-o
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

April (resized).jpeg
    dogwoods1 006 (resized).JPG
    Shazade Chas Siddiqi.jpg
    Chas (resized).jpg

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from raysiddiqi:

Hi, this is Chas's son Ray. Me and the rest of his family (Wife, Marilyn and daughter, Sarah) would like to thank everyone for their kind words and support during this difficult time. We knew he was devoted to his job, but hearing such wonderful compliments about him truly warms our hearts. We have set up a fundraiser to help pay for a remembrance ceromony https://www.gofundme.com/f/remembering-chas-siddiqi
    [quoted image]

Thank you for your courage sharing that Chas suffered from his demons secretly, as evidenced from the posts in this thread. Maybe someone reading it will know they aren't alone.

#152 3 years ago

When I traded for my first premium model (GOT), I was super excited about the light show...then really disappointed when one of the light boards had a color out. I contacted Stern and talked to Chas, knowing it was out of warranty and I was not the first owner. He sent a new board at no cost. Can’t tell you how appreciative and excited I was. He’s helped grow this hobby a ton and will be missed greatly. RIP

#153 3 years ago

I can't believe I will no longer be able to chat with Chaz when I call Stern tech support. He always went above and beyond the call of duty when I had a problem. Even more so he was a counselor for when you were up against it and needed someone to help you get through a tough problem, even and especially on the older machines. I have been in the arcade business since 1988...yipes that's 32 years...and Chaz was there for a lot of that time, dating back to the old Data East days....Now when I call Stern tech support yall better step up because I always trusted Chaz......RIP buddy!

#154 3 years ago

Chas was always there and he always came through. More than that, he was always concerned like mine was the only phone call he had gotten that day and not the hundredth.

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Sometimes I would call 1-800 KICKERS and if Chas did not answer I would hang up and call back. Big shoes to fill now

Yep.

#156 3 years ago

I am truly saddened to hear this news. Chas was an amazing person to deal with. I will miss calling in and hearing him answer, "This is Chas". Whenever I heard that I knew my problem would be resolved.

RIP Chas you will be greatly missed!!!

#157 3 years ago

One more voice here, chiming in with @Edster, I couldn't have said it better. Chas was my guide on technical issues with each of the three NIB Sterns I've owned, always responsive and Stern's greatest value-add!

#158 3 years ago

Very sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family. He was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

#159 3 years ago

RIP Chas. Very nice guy and super helpful over the past ten years, I had many conversations with him.Very sad indeed. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

#160 3 years ago

Donated. Hope it helps his family. If you are able to donate, please consider show your appreciation. RIP.

#161 3 years ago

This is so sad... I think every time I've called or emailed Stern Support it has been Chas that I dealt with. Super nice guy and will surely be missed.

#162 3 years ago

This tragedy got me to thinking about our demons. I like Chas have demons and I am sure we all do to some extent. Suffering from depression makes life quite difficult and even the smallest of issues can seem huge. Chas at Stern would have borne the brunt of complaining from all of Sterns quality woes. Chas also would have copped it over the phone, email and any other communication method from his customers. He also had to clean up bad advice from other members in the Stern warranty team. The guy would have been completely overwhelmed with work.

RIP. I appreciate everything you did to help me out over the last decade. I always treated you with respect, dignity and honesty.

#163 3 years ago

Just found this as I was catching up on BM66 thread. He was simply a pleasure to deal with, and biggest for me...ALWAYS kept his word when promised a part, a phone call, or an email. Had some great chats over the years. Pure class, and a genuine good guy.

Just not enough nice things I can say that haven't already been stated here

I will miss him....

#164 3 years ago

It seems like anyone who owns/owned a Stern machine has had their interactions with Chas. To parrot my other pinheads; Chas was always there, always professional, and always calm. He was a model of what customer service and tech support should be. Thank you, Chas, for being such a class act. Condolences to the family. We feel his loss, so I cannot imagine the hurt you have. Thank you all for allowing him to be a part of our lives, as well.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chas-an-amazing-tech-support-engineer-at-stern-has-passed-away-/page/4?hl=napoleon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.