Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Paddy-o
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

April (resized).jpeg
    dogwoods1 006 (resized).JPG
    Shazade Chas Siddiqi.jpg
    Chas (resized).jpg
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 3 years ago

Very sad. He was very helpful every time I called, and patient. My condolences to his real and pinball family.

#52 3 years ago

I never spoke to him on the phone, but it seems like he fielded every email request I ever submitted to Stern. Always helpful and friendly. This is really sad news indeed...

#53 3 years ago

How old was he? I only contacted him once about my MET Pre magnet board. Told him I wasnt the original owner and just wanted to know what the issue was and if i needed to buy a new one. He said it sounded defective and sent me a new one, no charge. I was shocked at that level of service. So sad.

#54 3 years ago

Very sad to hear. Helped me out numerous times.

#55 3 years ago

Man, my heart hurts after reading this.

Such a great guy, he was always kind and beyond helpful.

Condolences to his loved ones.

#56 3 years ago

Very sad to hear. As everyone says he was incredibly friendly and helpful. He was always calm as well which was a great demeanor for someone dealing with people who have problems to solve. Thoughts for his family both at home and at Stern.

#57 3 years ago

Super Bummer!! Awesome guy, always willing to help as much as he could, always went above and beyond for me, will really be missed! Rest in Peace Buddy!! Stern won't be the same without you, that I know.

#58 3 years ago

If someone knows a family member or co-worker at Stern could you forward them a link to this thread? I'm sure the family would like to know how much we all thought of him and how much he will be missed.

#59 3 years ago

Very nice guy and super helpful over the years. I had many conversations with him and got to spend sometime with him back in 2017. Very sad indeed. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

#60 3 years ago

Terrible loss. Simply a massive loss for the community and especially Stern.

#61 3 years ago

Thank you Chaz for everything you have done for pinball.

#62 3 years ago

Whoa. I just emailed him last week.

That sucks. Good dude.

#63 3 years ago

Thank you for calling Stern technical support this is Chaaaaaaaaz...man had a voice for radio. SAD

#64 3 years ago

Wow that’s to bad what’s great guy . Very patient and always glad to help . Definitely and sad day and a great loss to the community . RIP

#65 3 years ago

Great guy, he will be missed. Condolences to the family and Stern Team. He was always willing to help and follow up. People like this are what makes a company successful. RIP ole’ boy, never forgot that short in TSPP.

#66 3 years ago

Chas will be missed. He was a super nice person and so helpful to me. He went out of his way to help me with my games. Extremely knowledgable. Condolences to his family and friends. God Bless.

#67 3 years ago

Damn. He spent so much time with me and even gave me his personal cell phone number when I had to do a populated AC/DC playfield swap being a noob. RIP.

#68 3 years ago

TOP NOTCH HUMAN

#69 3 years ago

Another reminder to keep things in perspective and focus on enjoying the hobby and life. Chas was always friendly and respectful the dozens of times we spoke. Even with all of Stern's growth, I can't remember a time when anyone else picked up or returned my call.

#70 3 years ago

I didn’t have the pleasure of contacting Chas until this year. Total professional and was very patient with me and my inquiries. Had heard nothing but glowing things about him up until that point too. Great guy, huge asset to the hobby that will be sorely missed.

RIP Chas.

#71 3 years ago

RIP Chas

Prayers to your family

#72 3 years ago

Wow... I can't believe this true..

Chas knew his job like the back of his hand and was so knowledgeable. Troubleshooting pinball over the phone is so hard to do and he was the most patient person I know. I told him this every time I talked to him and always thanked him for helping us working on issues. It came so natural to him, (like us breathing). If he wasn't 100% sure on something, he researched it and always called you back.

I and everyone in the Pinball Community will truly miss him. I wish peace to him and comfort to his family and loved one for their lost.

Steve

#73 3 years ago

Wow, this is terrible news. A great loss to the pinball community and everyone his life touched.
    Rest in peace Chas.
    Terry.

#74 3 years ago

Dang...he was a huge help to me when I had issues with my BM66. Super classy guy.

#75 3 years ago

It would be great if everyone could do something for Chas' family to help them out with some expensive, like a go fund me. I know this sounds horrible asking for money, but this is a great community of people that will truly miss Chas.

Maybe we can ask someone at Stern if they can start this.

Just a thought,

Steve

#76 3 years ago

A great person in so many ways, always pleasant, approachable, and helpful with a smile. He will be greatly missed.

#77 3 years ago

So sorry to hear the sad news. Chas will be greatly missed. Condolences for his family, friends, and the whole crew at Stern.

#78 3 years ago

This is awful news. Im so sorry to hear this. Sorry for his family and Stern family.

#80 3 years ago

Chas really was one of the good ones. Always willing to take a call and help you out, dare I say, even outside of the warranty period. Because he knew it was the right thing to do. He will definitely be missed for his kindness, generosity and wealth of knowledge.

#81 3 years ago

Very sad news indeed. I remember Chas patiently helping me with my GB when I was having issues. Very patient man. Life’s too damn short fellas.

#82 3 years ago

Very sad. A major loss to the pinball world.

#83 3 years ago

I've never heard a bad word about this guy's service even though I've never had to call him with an issue.
    RIP.

#84 3 years ago

Unreal
    I spoke with him a couple months ago about an issue with my Iron Maiden. He had the part sent out the next day.
    He was the best.

I was just looking at his picture on the front page of my Sopranos manual a couple days ago and I couldn’t believe how long he’s been with Stern.

Rest In Peace Chas

#85 3 years ago

I can honestly say, that in all of my hobbies and all of the people I had to call to get help with something, Chas was the absolute best I had ever dealt with in a customer service position. And I couldn't mean this more. Was always patient, never dismissive or hurried me off the phone, and made sure I was "good to go" with a dedication rarely seen in people that I come across. And always a pleasant person that made me feel welcome to call.

A true loss to our community and for Stern. My condolences to his family and friends, he will be missed.

#86 3 years ago

Chas was phenomenal. Outstanding customer service and wonderful to talk to. 99% of the time he knew what you needed/needed to do the moment he heard your issue. Quick research and follow-up in those rare cases that he didn’t. Haven’t had to call/email about any issues for several months, but was certainly going to contact Chas the next time I did. Such a shock to hear. My sincere condolences to his family - both at home and at Stern Pinball.

#87 3 years ago

He has been one of the most pleasant and patient people I’ve worked with. Chas will be dearly missed. Rest In Peace my friend.

#88 3 years ago

I can’t believe this is true. Man he was the best. Every time I called stern support I would whisper as it rang “please be chas, please be chas” then I would get that voice. Steeerrrrnnnnn Pinball this is Chas and I would do a dance as I spoke to him.

Truly someone who mastered his craft and will be missed dearly by the community.

If a gofundme is started I will surely kick in.

#89 3 years ago

Wow, this was a punch in the gut to read. I have no idea if there there’s anyone else working at Stern, as he’s the only one I’ve ever been able to get in touch with. As others have said, a true asset to the community has been lost. Customer service requires tons of patience. I thought I had a lot, he blows me out of the water. RIP Chas, and condolences to both his family and Stern’s.

#90 3 years ago

Chas was great!! He was very patient with me on my Elvira LE. My eyesight is starting to go and he was very understanding. Such a loss

#91 3 years ago

I am shocked and saddened...he was such a great guy! I am not super experienced in repair and he never made me feel bad and took his time to answer I am sure novice questions. Every time I would call there I said to myself "I hope I get Chas....I hope get Chas". RIP

#92 3 years ago

R.I.P Chas, so helpful to all over the years.
    You are missed.

dogwoods1 006 (resized).JPGdogwoods1 006 (resized).JPG
    #93 3 years ago

I also heard the news yesterday, very sad to hear!
    My thoughts are with his family!

He was a very knowledgeable tech help!

#94 3 years ago

R.I.P. Chas, the pinball world has lost one of it's finest ambassadors.

#95 3 years ago

He was absolutely awesome to deal with. Nothing was ever too difficult for him and he always got any problem sorted out. Stern will struggle to find someone to replace him as he was a true asset to the pinball community. RIP Chas and my condolences to his family and friends.

#96 3 years ago

Sorry to hear about the loss, the world will never be the same.

Anyone know the cause? Did he have declining health? Was it an accident? Or was this anther great person lost to covid?

#97 3 years ago

Ive chatted with him many many times over the years. So patient and kind person. It could be a Friday afternoon at 445. everyone has left the factory and he would be that person that would let the customer end the conversation when on the phone. This is unheard of with customer phone support nowadays.

It will be nearly impossible for Stern to be able to fill his shoes. RIP

#98 3 years ago

I am at a loss for words, I got to know Chas well throughout the years and he was a vital part of Stern Pinball. Very calm, cool and collective. He always took the time to try and make things right, and would always try and get things done, even when they were out of his control. I have to be honest-I am a loyal Stern supporter because Chas has ALWAYS taken care of me. I could call him up and express my frustrations and he was very good at reassuring me and helping me find solutions to problems. I am deeply saddened

RIP Chas-my prayers are with your family and you will be missed tremendously.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Dang...he was a huge help to me when I had issues with my BM66. Super classy guy.

Quoted from Lmjdad:

Very sad news indeed. I remember Chas patiently helping me with my GB when I was having issues. Very patient man. Life’s too damn short fellas.

. He also helped me with these things! Now who has the ability to take his place?? Fantastic person !!!

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

"Steeeeerrrn Pinball, this is Chas...."
    "Hey, Chas, this damn Star Wars seems to have blown almost every node and sub node"
    "Ah man, Brian, that's the first I've heard of that"

Reading this quote brought a little tear to my eye-I can still hear his voice in my head-so sad.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chas-an-amazing-tech-support-engineer-at-stern-has-passed-away-/page/2?hl=pinballemporium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.