5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hello all,

I am about to take up pinball as a hobby by starting with a virtual pin build. While I believe this will be thoroughly enjoyable, I do believe it is no substitute for the real thing. Living in the great Charlotte, NC area there are a few places near me that offer pinball, primarily bars and game bars, with one place about 30 minutes away that has a few in an ice cream shop. All of these are good options, but I did notice in the pinmap on this site a good number of folks nearby that own pins. I would be far more interested in getting with a local group that plays round robin at their homes versus going to a game bar. Is getting in with a local group like this a reasonable expectation and if so how does one go about doing so?

I considered PMing a couple members here since they list their pins on this site and seeing what comes of it. I'd really love to get involved with a group since the social aspect of it is as much fun as the games themselves. In a couple years I am going to be moving to within 45 minutes of Pittsburgh at which point I will have access to a pinball league so I'd like to get started playing so that come time to move I am ready to play competitively.

I appreciate any help anyone can give regarding this and look forward to your suggestions.

John M.
    Tega Cay, SC

#2 5 years ago

Your best bet is to start playing at Abari and joining in their leagues and tournaments.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/charlotte-nc-area-leagues-or-round-robins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.