Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jimwe5t
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you feel about pinball pricing?”

• It’s getting too high & need to be lowered! 58 votes
      69%
    • Pinball pricing is fair & I’m happy to keep paying more. 7 votes
      8%
    • Don’t really care, have plenty of money 5 votes
      6%
    • New upcoming competition will lower prices. 14 votes
      17%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    whiteelephant (resized).jpg
    hiltonbadge02 (resized).jpg
    52E48BEB-E8CD-4059-BEAC-D644E385681D (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM - JJP new pricing might still be out of whack (Stern pricing needs to add a little more to playfield like Bally/Williams to justify prices)- really want to buy new WW, but...:

Stern Pro $5,500, equivalent JJP SE $7,500 - Some say more value, but $2,000.00 dollars more value? Really??? For a whopping $2k JJP better have a little more plastic! But is a little extra innovation coding and extra plastic worth $2,000.00?

Stern Premium $7,500 equivalent JJP LE $9,500 - Is there $2,000.00 worth more fun and plastic?

Stern LE $9,000 (the only true LE on the market - aftermarket sales reflect this, as Stern has held fairly good secondary pricing and JJP secondary pricing goes down by up to 30% or more depreciation. Also, the person before you will have worked out numerous mechanical issues and frustration for free! Equivalent JJP CE is a whopping $12,500.00! That’s a huge $3,500.00 increase and for what?

Now, how do the rest of you feel about the above pricing schemes? None of us work for JJP or Stern, so we don’t need to “fanboy” up one company or the other. Money outlays do matter to most of us trying to enjoy this hobby.

#2 4 years ago

Great...another pin price thread

#3 4 years ago

I don’t know about all that, but your handle makes me kinda think Wild Wild West would be a cool theme.

#4 4 years ago

I agree, that's why I stick with Sterns and CGC Remakes. Both have excellent value, and don't depreciate very much when purchased new. I wanted Wonka but just couldn't pull the trigger, there are plenty of cheaper and equally as enjoyable options floating around.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I don’t know about all that, but your handle makes me kinda think Wild Wild West would be a cool theme.

Wild Wild West was such a great TV show- the movie sucked.

Stick with Sterns for Ops and JJP for home

#6 4 years ago

It's too bad you cant do multiple answers on polls, as I would select several answers on this...

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

I agree, that's why I stick with Sterns and CGC Remakes. Both have excellent value, and don't depreciate very much when purchased new.

Tell that to me after I took a bath on Transformers, Avengers, X-men, Ghostbusters, Game Of Thrones and Batman 66. They all lose value, just a matter of how much, more on the "lesser" games and little less on the better ones. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them personally either but I have been way happier with a lot of the Sterns I bought used for less money later - Walking Dead, Aerosmith, GoTG, Star Wars - maybe it was cause they were cheaper, maybe it was better code or blend of both
    I'm just kind of getting over buying NIB Sterns I'm just going to linger a title or two behind and pay a few less bucks and likely have more complete code and a better experience overall.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Great...another pin price thread

But this one is a novel. I could not read much betting the first few lines

#9 4 years ago

Friday night is New episode of “PD Live”.....

52E48BEB-E8CD-4059-BEAC-D644E385681D (resized).jpeg52E48BEB-E8CD-4059-BEAC-D644E385681D (resized).jpeg
    #10 4 years ago

I'm with the Op tbh.
    I vote with my dollars - and my dollars are in my bank account.
    JJP won't be getting any of my dollars; no value in their offering if in Wonka is a buy theme for wife.
    Stern won't be getting my dollars; as they have cost-cut too much... and they have quality issues.
    CCG - verdict is out. I tend to want to buy projects and fix them as to buy NIB at these prices for a remake.
    Multimorphic already has my cash for the P3. Looking for details on Game #4.

#11 4 years ago

wheres a policeman, when you need one.

hiltonbadge02 (resized).jpghiltonbadge02 (resized).jpg
    #12 4 years ago

Reward mediocrity then expect more of the same.

#13 4 years ago

Buy or don't buy. Simple. Unless it's a Wild Wild West theme. Then you just buy that regardless.

#14 4 years ago

I don't think you're using "elephant in the room" correctly.

#15 4 years ago

You realize the new classic editions CGC games cost about the same adjusted for inflation as they old B/W games of the 90s?

If you say that the AFM LE would be more than the B/W AFM that’s true but they offer a ton more content than B/W AFM from the 90s.

I said this in another post... do you realize that a Honda Civic is now a $20-30K car? Damn it we need to start a poll that automobiles cost too much.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

depends on where you believe prices are headed.

whiteelephant (resized).jpgwhiteelephant (resized).jpg
    #17 4 years ago

How many of these pinball price threads do we need at one time???!!

I get it. Pinballs cost a lot. It is supply and demand. Find deals, pay the price, or don't buy. All the bitching in the world won't make a difference.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a very ebony and ivory observation.

#19 4 years ago

"Elephant in the room" is a metaphorical idiom for an obvious problem no one wants to discuss.

#20 4 years ago

what is the idiom for a problem no one is allowed to discuss?

a force to be reckoned with.

#21 4 years ago

How about the idiom for a problem that everyone is discussing ad nauseum?

#22 4 years ago

Beautiful example of an oxymoron if anyone wanted one

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

How about the idiom for a problem that everyone is discussing ad nauseum?

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #24 4 years ago

Maybe if we keep bringing it up over and over and over, the Stern guys on Pinside reading this will decide to lower prices?

Bwahahhahahahaha. Fuck no . They see how hopelessly addicted some people are here and that price is going up until the majority cannot afford it. Pros for ALMOST $6000. Only about 6 years ago that was the Premium price.

Poke poke in the bunghole. Take it and like it.

#25 4 years ago

Economy is booming so prices are up and pinball is raging. That's the way it works. Find your money making nich and get on the bandwagon! or piss and moan whatever you prefer. I think Zitt has the right idea.

#26 4 years ago

I think it’s more like crying over spilled milk.

#27 4 years ago

The smart money has figured out NIB is a losers game. The movement is now toward clean used games at a fair price, especially those with updated code. The "Plenty of money" crowd didn't get it by wasting it. So much hype for the last recent releases followed by a big letdown (in most, not all cases).
    I have been looking for my first NIB for 3 years, a future Classic that doesn't get boring, built with a System that allows repair for 10 years with affordable components, and holds its value.
    Still looking.
    7500 to 12,500 will purchase a lot of vacation time to pinball locations/ playing Titles till you get sick of it.
    It will also purchase a small private bedroom game room of your own if you repair.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

. I think Zitt has the right idea.

I'm not sure if your agreeing with me... Or poking fun at me. I'm choosing the former

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The smart money has figured out NIB is a losers game. The movement is now toward clean used games at a fair price, especially those with updated code. The "Plenty of money" crowd didn't get it by wasting it. So much hype for the last recent releases followed by a big letdown (in most, not all cases).
    I have been looking for my first NIB for 3 years, a future Classic that doesn't get boring, built with a System that allows repair for 10 years with affordable components, and holds its value.
    Still looking.
    7500 to 12,500 will purchase a lot of vacation time to pinball locations/ playing Titles till you get sick of it.
    It will also purchase a small private bedroom game room of your own if you repair.

Agreed! Good comments. Let me know when you find that table, would be interested in seeing what you pick.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/charging-more-for-lessthe-elephant-in-the-roompinball-pricing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.