Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by srcdube
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi - I'm a newbie to the EM Pinball world. I am considering buying a Target Alpha machine. The seller indicates that it is only set for 1 player now and he hasn't had an opportunity to set it for 4 player. I'd like to validate that the 4 player option works as I am purchasing this for group entertainment in my home. I'd gratefully receive any information on how to reset this system or where to purchase a manual with the information. I have found one source on-line for a hard copy of the manual but won't be able to receive it by Saturday when I am scheduled to look at the machine.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from PatrickJ:

Hi - I'm a newbie to the EM Pinball world. I am considering buying a Target Alpha machine. The seller indicates that it is only set for 1 player now and he hasn't had an opportunity to set it for 4 player. I'd like to validate that the 4 player option works as I am purchasing this for group entertainment in my home. I'd gratefully receive any information on how to reset this system or where to purchase a manual with the information. I have found one source on-line for a hard copy of the manual but won't be able to receive it by Saturday when I am scheduled to look at the machine.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

That's a little unusual that it would be "set" to single or multi-player.
Normally, in arcade play, you would add coins then press "Start" once for each player.
Or if set to free play, just press "Start" once for each player.
Maybe he has an odd way of setting to free play.

#3 3 years ago

If anything, the stepup units could be frozen. "coin unit" tells the machine how many players are per a game...
if the unit does not advance then it will stay on the first player.
In the back box is the player control unit.. it does resets, ball in play, and moves from player to player.

#4 3 years ago

Probably that infamous old grease.

#5 3 years ago

Target Alpha is a good game and a terrific first machine. Make sure the coin unit is even in there. Stranger things go missing over time in older machines. There is no reason for the machine to be set for 1 player.

#6 3 years ago

Weird . Ask him how he did it. If legit and nothing’s seriously busted, EMs are all about tweaking and adjusting. You should be able to reverse most anything. If One Player setup means he ripped the guts and score wheels out of the other three players then I’d pass (unless it’s a steal and you can afford to replace any parts he doesn’t have)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-target-alpha-from-1-player-to-4-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.