IMG_1729 (resized).jpg
0Duotron-Work-08 (resized).jpg
image-22 (resized).jpg
15th Position Switch Fix (resized).jpg
Specials Problem (resized).jpg
0Duotron-Work-07 (resized).jpg
0Duotron-Work-06 (resized).jpg
0Duotron-Work-05 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

What do you mean by extra credit?

And how does being on free play mess it up?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

By extra credit, I mean that when special is lit and I hit the appropriate target, the game awards me another credit (as if I put in another coin), and it advances the credit reel. I should have said free credit. It being on free play isn't the problem by itself. It becomes a problem when the game gives me a free credit and increments the credit reel. The way I've set up free play, I have 1 switch permanently closed when the credit reel is at 0 credits. The free credit(s) I get from the special messes this up.

The only radio plug/jones plug I see in the back is the points scoring one (approx. 10 rows and 2 columns), which doesn't have anything to do with special, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm still not seeing what in the world your issue is here.

On a credit unit there is a zero position switch that opens when the credit reel shows zero. That opens the circuit to the start button and doesn't allow you to hit that button to reset the game. There is also a max credit switch that is closed until the game reaches max credits. That opens the circuit to the credit unit step up coil and doesn't allow the game to add more credits.

When you set up a game for free play the zero position switch should be closed at all positions on the reel, not just zero. So you're saying that at 0 the switch is closed and you can reset via the start button, but you can't do that with the reel at any other position? That makes no sense because the switch in its normal state is closed at any other position than 0. I'm not sure how you mangled the switch to do that, or why you would do it in the first place.

You want to set that switch so it is permanently closed in all positions and you're done. You'll get credits for specials and you can still start the game even with no credits on it.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi EMsInKC
I do not see a Maximum-Switch in the schematics --- here the Zero-Switch. Greetings Rolf[quoted image]

There is one. Every credit unit has one. You need to find the step up coil for the credit unit in the schematics and the max credit switch will be in that circuit.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi EMsInKC
I do not have the Big Brave (1974-05) - I do not have the Duotron (1974-09) - but I have the schematics. "Out of Sight (1974-12)" I do not have - I have a partial schematics. Greetings Rolf[quoted image]

15th position switch is what you're looking for. It's right there.

#13 4 years ago

It's entirely possible it's a mistake on the schematic. There's no doubt it has one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-special-on-duotron?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.