View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Browser_Text_Changes_(resized).jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from colonelsnow:

I am working on a list of the songs that come stock along with their length. (The length is minutes.seconds.milliseconds
Black Diamond 4.18.406
Dr Love 3.23.951
Detroit Rock City 3.56.000
Deuce 3.05.789
Hotter Than Hell 3.08.770
Lick It Up 3.59.000
Love Gun 3.13.101
Love It Loud 4.07.470
Rock N Roll All Nite 2.48.000
Shout It Out Loud 2.53.000

Just for posterity, I'm going to list the request numbers, but also add the time for the added song for code 1.28. Hopefully this helps someone wanting to change songs in the future.

Heaven's on Fire 3.23.227

Request 32 - Deuce
Request 34 - Black Diamond
Request 35 - Calling Dr. Love
Request 36 - Detroit Rock City
Request 39 - Heaven's on Fire
Request 40 - Hotter Than Hell
Request 41 - Lick IT Up
Request 42 - Love Gun
Request 43 - Love It Loud
Request 44 - Rock n Rock All Night
Request 45 - Shout It Out Loud

Special notes about the 11 songs above:

Only 8 of the 11 can be chosen to start a game. Calling Dr. Love, Love Gun, and Heaven's on Fire cannot be chosen.

Calling Dr. Love plays during Demon MB.
Love Gun plays during Love Gun MB.
Heaven's on Fire plays during the (mini?) Wizard mode

#38 7 years ago

My changes:

"Black Diamond" >> "I Was Made for Loving You." Had to fade out about 12 secs early.

"Calling Dr. Love" >> "God of Thunder." Had to fade out about a minute early. "God of Thunder" now plays during Demon MB.

"Heaven's on Fire" >> "New York Groove." Had to "clone" about a minute of the song at the end because "NY" was quite a bit shorter. I did this in Audacity by copying and pasting the final minute onto a new stereo track. I deleted the original fade out and picked a spot where it sounds pretty seamless. "NY" now plays during the Wizard mode.

"Lick It Up" >> "Calling Dr. Love." Now "Calling..." is a song choice. Had to "clone" about 15 seconds to the end.

"Love It Loud" >> "Strutter." Had to "clone" about a minute to the end.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It would be great if you could define and upload bookmarks

I've never done that, so let me play around and figure that out.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I would like the idea of changing the Demon multiball to God of Thunder or War Machine, something more fitting for Gene's persona. Also, since the onscreen displays are set for the songs, I hesitate to change any of the game mode songs though there are a lot of KISS songs that I would rather listen to while playing (I don't need to hear Lick It Up or Heaven's On Fire any more in my lifetime) like Creatures Of The Night, I Want You, God Of Thunder, etc.
1) do I use Pinball Browser to put God Of Thunder in place of Calling Dr. Love but make the God Of Thunder mp3 identical length?
2) if I were to change another song mode song (ie change Lick It Up to say Makin' Love), how does one change the DMD display so there is no text of Lick It Up but rather Makin' Love?

God of Thunder sounds great during Demon MB. Yes, replace Calling Dr. Love with God of Thunder, and edit to the same length (fade out).

Like thundergod76 said, you change all the instances of the song title, but leave any other characters alone. It seems on 5.76 (or maybe on SPIKE?), I'm not able to check the box to allow more characters if the title is longer than the original. I was able to do that with MET and an older version of the browser.

Below is a pic of changing the text. Orange circle is the messages tab for changing text. Red circle is where you can search and the arrow takes you to the next instance. Blue circle is the where you don't want to change any characters or words that are not part of the your new title. Leave the % and other symbols in place. The green shows how many times I changed "Heaven's on Fire" to "New York Groove."

Browser_Text_Changes_(resized).jpgBrowser_Text_Changes_(resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Did you just use a volume fade at the end so it faded out to exactly 3min23s951ms?
I can't seem to figure out how to replace the track with my new, edited track using Pinball Browser. I can play Calling Dr. Love (REQUEST 35), but can't seem to find a way that you actually replace it with the new track. Do I need to use the purchased version to use the edit and save features?

Yes, you need the purchased version. Make sure you put the token id in the notes of your donation in order to get the license key. I missed that step and had to email separately.

PM sent regarding the steps for song replacement.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

With the new software and adjusting some of the game settings, I can finally get to KISS ARMY multiball (couldn't get the SPACEMAN blinking previously at all).
Can the song for KISS ARMY multiball (which is Rock And Roll All Nite) be changed independently in some way without taking RNRAN out of the game completely? It would be nice if (like GRID multiball) a totally different song were playing like God Gave Rock And Roll To You for example.

You have to change RNRAN to get something else to play during Army MB. You can put RNRAN back somewhere else, though.

1 week later
#62 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Only one song updated, going to give it another go this evening. Not sure what went sideways.....

What do you mean only one song updated? After updating with the thumbdrive? You can listen to all your songs in the browser by pressing the play button before closing. Or are you talking about the text? You have to change all instances of the title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-kiss-sounds-with-pinball-browser?tu=sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.