View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Browser_Text_Changes_(resized).jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drmark12pa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago

I would like the idea of changing the Demon multiball to God of Thunder or War Machine, something more fitting for Gene's persona. Also, since the onscreen displays are set for the songs, I hesitate to change any of the game mode songs though there are a lot of KISS songs that I would rather listen to while playing (I don't need to hear Lick It Up or Heaven's On Fire any more in my lifetime) like Creatures Of The Night, I Want You, God Of Thunder, etc.
1) do I use Pinball Browser to put God Of Thunder in place of Calling Dr. Love but make the God Of Thunder mp3 identical length?
2) if I were to change another song mode song (ie change Lick It Up to say Makin' Love), how does one change the DMD display so there is no text of Lick It Up but rather Makin' Love?

#43 7 years ago

1) So when replacing the song (in my case Calling Dr. Love with God Of Thunder), does the God of Thunder edit have to be exactly 3min23s951ms to match the Calling Dr. Love file?
2) I'm trying to save a new copy of the firmware and the small "floppy disk" save icon doesn't seem to do anything
3) I'm used the search box under messages and can't find any incident of Calling Dr. Love. I'm almost positive during Demon Multiball is says Calling Dr. Love at some point... am I mistaken?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

My changes:
"
"Calling Dr. Love" >> "God of Thunder." Had to fade out about a minute early. "God of Thunder" now plays during Demon MB.

Did you just use a volume fade at the end so it faded out to exactly 3min23s951ms?

I can't seem to figure out how to replace the track with my new, edited track using Pinball Browser. I can play Calling Dr. Love (REQUEST 35), but can't seem to find a way that you actually replace it with the new track. Do I need to use the purchased version to use the edit and save features?

#52 7 years ago

Very interesting going through all of the Gene and Paul call outs under REQUEST 514. There are so many I haven't heard including several ones where there is actual swearing (ie Gene says "Holy S%%t" in Script 0x435... never heard that while playing!). I'm not sure if these are the sounds from hitting the flipper while in attract mode or game sounds or potential sounds to be used in future updates... but check out how many there it's quite interesting!

#53 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice and Sparky for the help!
The game with the addition of God Of Thunder alone replacing Calling Dr. Love is better. The red lighting theme with Demon Multiball goes better with God Of Thunder and more fitting in my opinion.
Hoping to do some changing of the other songs so the song played is different along with the text on the display. As a KISS fan, it's boring to hear their "common" songs. The rarest tracks on the machine would be Black Diamond and Hotter Than Hell though even these 2 tracks aren't deep cuts either.

#54 7 years ago

With the new software and adjusting some of the game settings, I can finally get to KISS ARMY multiball (couldn't get the SPACEMAN blinking previously at all).
Can the song for KISS ARMY multiball (which is Rock And Roll All Nite) be changed independently in some way without taking RNRAN out of the game completely? It would be nice if (like GRID multiball) a totally different song were playing like God Gave Rock And Roll To You for example.

1 week later
#61 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

FYI here are my changes. 99% that all text was hit with the browser, have to play to see..
Black Diamond - I Was Made For Loving You
Calling Dr Love - God of Thunder
Detroit Rock City - Alive 2 version
Deuce - Cold Gin
Hotter than Hell - Strutter
Lick it Up - Creatures of the Night
Love Gun - Smashes version
I Love it Loud - Creatures version
Rock n Roll All Night - New York Groove
Shout it Out Loud - I Stole Your Love
Heaven's on Fire - All Hell's Breaking Loose
All were cropped and faded as necessary with Audacity..hoping next update adds another slot or two, so Shock Me and C'mon and Love me or 100000 yrs can be added in too. Or should we go Shandi, UH All Night and Hide Your Heart?

Very interesting and refreshing mix you have planned. Please let me know if it works out as I may bug you to snag a few of your already edited clips if possible.

#67 7 years ago

I'm considering replacing Rock And Roll All Nite with the Alive (radio single) version as I think that's the version most people grew up with. I've replaced:
Calling Dr. Love with God Of Thunder (best and mandatory edit in my opinion)
Heaven's On Fire with New York Groove (Heaven's On Fire almost like KISS' Back In Black... no care to hear it ever again)
Detroit Rock City with Alive 2 version
Lick It Up with Creatures Of The Night
Considering replacing Hotter Than Hell with Parasite or Firehouse.

#69 7 years ago

Has anyone figured out the numbering assignments for some of the rule adjustments?
I'm looking to figure out
0x73 INSTRUMENTS RULE DIFFICULTY
0x74 INSTRUMENTS LIT CARRY

What number, 0,1,2 is assigned to get these to the easiest setting so I don't have to manually go in every time I do an update and adjust these?

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I would *think* that 0 would be the easiest setting.
Quickest way to find out is mod the settings to 0, install the mod, then go into adjustments to see where they're at.

That's what I thought too but that's actually not the case.... the problem is you have to modify it, save it, transfer to USB, load into game, play game... just to make one adjustment you're looking at least 30-45 minutes. I'm trying to map out a few of the adjustments so that everytime I have to update the original firmware at all (ie when making new song changes or when new updates would come out), I have the defaults for some of my settings already in a list ready to change.
Currently, I've changed the DEMON LOCK UP POWER to 22 (to avoid eject down the middle everytime), FREE PLAY setting so that is correct (set to 1), knocker volume (set to 0), 1st # of grids for grib MB (set to 1), number of instruments to blink spaceman (set to 4), instruments to light spaceman (set to 8).

2 years later
#79 5 years ago

With the recent code update, I had to go back in and change the songs back to my changes along with the text messages for each song. It can be a little work and especially when they did the 2 code updates in a week I had to go back 2x to put my different songs/text in but ultimately it's worth it to not hear the standard songs. Why God of Thunder isn't used for Demon Multiball (see all red playfield) instead of Calling Dr. Love can only be because they used all of the re-recorded versions due to licensing. I've replaced:
Hotter Than Hell with Firehouse
Detroit Rock City with Alive 2 Detroit Rock City
New York Groove replace Heaven's On Fire
I Love It Loud replaced with original Creatures version
RNRAN replaced with Alive version
Lick It Up replaced with Creatures Of The Night
Calling Dr. Love replaced with God Of Thunder

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drmark12pa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-kiss-sounds-with-pinball-browser?tu=drmark12pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.