Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Browser_Text_Changes_(resized).jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Holy s**t this is a fantastic idea! I'd love to have the classic KISS Bally "Wa wa wa wa" sounds for the orbits or something. Something tells me this wouldn't be easy though.

Yeah....there is just something I like about the sound when you get the super/ colossal bonus on the original.......Stern really could have been over the top if they had included a setting for original sounds or at least included a couple of them.

If anyone can helping with ripping the original sounds let me know.

#52 7 years ago

Very interesting going through all of the Gene and Paul call outs under REQUEST 514. There are so many I haven't heard including several ones where there is actual swearing (ie Gene says "Holy S%%t" in Script 0x435... never heard that while playing!). I'm not sure if these are the sounds from hitting the flipper while in attract mode or game sounds or potential sounds to be used in future updates... but check out how many there it's quite interesting!

#53 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice and Sparky for the help!
The game with the addition of God Of Thunder alone replacing Calling Dr. Love is better. The red lighting theme with Demon Multiball goes better with God Of Thunder and more fitting in my opinion.
Hoping to do some changing of the other songs so the song played is different along with the text on the display. As a KISS fan, it's boring to hear their "common" songs. The rarest tracks on the machine would be Black Diamond and Hotter Than Hell though even these 2 tracks aren't deep cuts either.

#54 7 years ago

With the new software and adjusting some of the game settings, I can finally get to KISS ARMY multiball (couldn't get the SPACEMAN blinking previously at all).
Can the song for KISS ARMY multiball (which is Rock And Roll All Nite) be changed independently in some way without taking RNRAN out of the game completely? It would be nice if (like GRID multiball) a totally different song were playing like God Gave Rock And Roll To You for example.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

With the new software and adjusting some of the game settings, I can finally get to KISS ARMY multiball (couldn't get the SPACEMAN blinking previously at all).
Can the song for KISS ARMY multiball (which is Rock And Roll All Nite) be changed independently in some way without taking RNRAN out of the game completely? It would be nice if (like GRID multiball) a totally different song were playing like God Gave Rock And Roll To You for example.

You have to change RNRAN to get something else to play during Army MB. You can put RNRAN back somewhere else, though.

#56 7 years ago

Has anyone posted there versions anywhere to be downloaded by others?

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone posted there versions anywhere to be downloaded by others?

+1. Can someone provide a download link? Thanks!

#58 7 years ago

I don't have anywhere to post my LE update, but could try emailing the rom if you like. PM me your email if interested and I can give it a shot.

#59 7 years ago

FYI here are my changes. 99% that all text was hit with the browser, have to play to see..
Black Diamond - I Was Made For Loving You
Calling Dr Love - God of Thunder
Detroit Rock City - Alive 2 version
Deuce - Cold Gin
Hotter than Hell - Strutter
Lick it Up - Creatures of the Night
Love Gun - Smashes version
I Love it Loud - Creatures version
Rock n Roll All Night - New York Groove
Shout it Out Loud - I Stole Your Love
Heaven's on Fire - All Hell's Breaking Loose

All were cropped and faded as necessary with Audacity..hoping next update adds another slot or two, so Shock Me and C'mon and Love me or 100000 yrs can be added in too. Or should we go Shandi, UH All Night and Hide Your Heart?

#60 7 years ago

Only one song updated, going to give it another go this evening. Not sure what went sideways.....

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

FYI here are my changes. 99% that all text was hit with the browser, have to play to see..
Detroit Rock City - Alive 2 version
Deuce - Cold Gin
Love Gun - Smashes version
I Love it Loud - Creatures version
Rock n Roll All Night - New York Groove
Shout it Out Loud - I Stole Your Love
Heaven's on Fire - All Hell's Breaking Loose
All were cropped and faded as necessary with Audacity..hoping next update adds another slot or two, so Shock Me and C'mon and Love me or 100000 yrs can be added in too. Or should we go Shandi, UH All Night and Hide Your Heart?

Very interesting and refreshing mix you have planned. Please let me know if it works out as I may bug you to snag a few of your already edited clips if possible.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Only one song updated, going to give it another go this evening. Not sure what went sideways.....

What do you mean only one song updated? After updating with the thumbdrive? You can listen to all your songs in the browser by pressing the play button before closing. Or are you talking about the text? You have to change all instances of the title.

#63 7 years ago

I did all that but only the first song updated. Had the file on my hard drive then copied that. Second time around I'm just working off the thumb drive file instead. Not sure what the difference would be but the file that was copied from the hard drive only held the first change. Updating this afternoon and will check in.

#64 7 years ago

Is it possible to change the end game music? I cant find the request number in Pinball Browser

#65 7 years ago

It's RARAN as we all know. It's most likely a secondary request. I'd leave the main request alone and try changing one of the others. Maybe since the end music is less than 10 sec long it might be the shortest request.

#66 7 years ago

Music and song tag selections are in place. I also changed champion score names to Ace, Gene, Paul, Peter, Eric, and Vinnie.

#67 7 years ago

I'm considering replacing Rock And Roll All Nite with the Alive (radio single) version as I think that's the version most people grew up with. I've replaced:
Calling Dr. Love with God Of Thunder (best and mandatory edit in my opinion)
Heaven's On Fire with New York Groove (Heaven's On Fire almost like KISS' Back In Black... no care to hear it ever again)
Detroit Rock City with Alive 2 version
Lick It Up with Creatures Of The Night
Considering replacing Hotter Than Hell with Parasite or Firehouse.

#68 7 years ago

I changed all the songs on my Pro to Live versions and swapped the following songs (live versions)

I Love it Loud - Makin' Love

I think the live versions fit the energy level of the theme much better than the studio versions. And adding an external powered sub is a must.

#69 7 years ago

Has anyone figured out the numbering assignments for some of the rule adjustments?
I'm looking to figure out
0x73 INSTRUMENTS RULE DIFFICULTY
0x74 INSTRUMENTS LIT CARRY

What number, 0,1,2 is assigned to get these to the easiest setting so I don't have to manually go in every time I do an update and adjust these?

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Has anyone figured out the numbering assignments for some of the rule adjustments?
I'm looking to figure out
0x73 INSTRUMENTS RULE DIFFICULTY
0x74 INSTRUMENTS LIT CARRY
What number, 0,1,2 is assigned to get these to the easiest setting so I don't have to manually go in every time I do an update and adjust these?

I would *think* that 0 would be the easiest setting.

Quickest way to find out is mod the settings to 0, install the mod, then go into adjustments to see where they're at.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I would *think* that 0 would be the easiest setting.
Quickest way to find out is mod the settings to 0, install the mod, then go into adjustments to see where they're at.

That's what I thought too but that's actually not the case.... the problem is you have to modify it, save it, transfer to USB, load into game, play game... just to make one adjustment you're looking at least 30-45 minutes. I'm trying to map out a few of the adjustments so that everytime I have to update the original firmware at all (ie when making new song changes or when new updates would come out), I have the defaults for some of my settings already in a list ready to change.
Currently, I've changed the DEMON LOCK UP POWER to 22 (to avoid eject down the middle everytime), FREE PLAY setting so that is correct (set to 1), knocker volume (set to 0), 1st # of grids for grib MB (set to 1), number of instruments to blink spaceman (set to 4), instruments to light spaceman (set to 8).

#72 7 years ago

I just have my custom settings written down on paper. Takes less than 10 min to put them back in.

1 year later
#73 6 years ago

This thread hasn't been update in a while. Just curious if folks were successful in making the changes?

#74 6 years ago

Kiss Pro 1.30 Download from drop box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpylwvhqqg1sdba/KISS-1_30_0.spk?dl=0

Black Diamond - 4.18.401
War Machine - new
Dr Love - 3.23.951 (35)
Plaster Caster - new
Detroit Rock City - 3.56 (36)
Legend Tonight - new
Deuce - 3.05.789 keep (32)
New York Groove - new
Hotter Than Hell - 3.08.770 (40)
Parasite - new
Lick It Up - 3.59 (41)
Do You Love Me - new
Love Gun - 3.13.101 (42)
Strutter - new
Love it Loud - 4.07.470 (43)
Rock N Roll All Nite - 2.48 (44)
Two timer - new
Shout It Out Loud - 2.53 (45)
Come on and Love me - new
Heavens on Fire - 3:23.227 (39)
King of the night time World - new

1 year later
#75 5 years ago

Anyone lurking around here? Posted this in the browser thread, but thought I would put it here as well.

I could use some help!

I work with audio daily so I'm up to speed, but having trouble. Working on the new Kiss code, I've altered all my new songs in protools to fit the song lengths that are specified. My files are 16/44.1 and import and playback correctly on the Browser software. When I load the game up.....it cuts all the songs short, some it cuts 20 sec off another it cuts a minute off. Yes, triple checked all the time lengths and all that, certainly can't be off by a minute. So.... am I exporting the session incorrectly? Or is it a Stern issue? Or?
Thanks!

3 weeks later
#76 5 years ago

Since new update came out in December, finally changed out many of the stock KISS songs with stuff I prefer...

Deuce - no change (yet)
Calling Dr Love - Trial By Fire
Detroit Rock City - Domino
Heaven's on Fire - replaced with original version
Hotter than Hell - Turn On The Night
Love Gun - no change (yet)
I Love it Loud - Psycho Circus
Rock n Roll All Night - Flaming Youth
Shout it Out Loud - New York Groove

All were cropped and faded as necessary with Audacity and replaced with Pinball Browser.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Gert_B_Frobe:

Since new update came out in December, finally changed out many of the stock KISS songs with stuff I prefer...
Deuce - no change (yet)
Calling Dr Love - Trial By Fire
Detroit Rock City - Domino
Heaven's on Fire - replaced with original version
Hotter than Hell - Turn On The Night
Love Gun - no change (yet)
I Love it Loud - Psycho Circus
Rock n Roll All Night - Flaming Youth
Shout it Out Loud - New York Groove
All were cropped and faded as necessary with Audacity and replaced with Pinball Browser.

Great work. Are you willing to upload and share your version?

#78 5 years ago

Does anyone have a song swap for the LE with the new code they would share ? Preferably all make up era. Thanks

#79 5 years ago

With the recent code update, I had to go back in and change the songs back to my changes along with the text messages for each song. It can be a little work and especially when they did the 2 code updates in a week I had to go back 2x to put my different songs/text in but ultimately it's worth it to not hear the standard songs. Why God of Thunder isn't used for Demon Multiball (see all red playfield) instead of Calling Dr. Love can only be because they used all of the re-recorded versions due to licensing. I've replaced:
Hotter Than Hell with Firehouse
Detroit Rock City with Alive 2 Detroit Rock City
New York Groove replace Heaven's On Fire
I Love It Loud replaced with original Creatures version
RNRAN replaced with Alive version
Lick It Up replaced with Creatures Of The Night
Calling Dr. Love replaced with God Of Thunder

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

With the recent code update, I had to go back in and change the songs back to my changes along with the text messages for each song. It can be a little work and especially when they did the 2 code updates in a week I had to go back 2x to put my different songs/text in but ultimately it's worth it to not hear the standard songs. Why God of Thunder isn't used for Demon Multiball (see all red playfield) instead of Calling Dr. Love can only be because they used all of the re-recorded versions due to licensing. I've replaced:
Hotter Than Hell with Firehouse
Detroit Rock City with Alive 2 Detroit Rock City
New York Groove replace Heaven's On Fire
I Love It Loud replaced with original Creatures version
RNRAN replaced with Alive version
Lick It Up replaced with Creatures Of The Night
Calling Dr. Love replaced with God Of Thunder

I 100% agree with your decisions...

I am thinking about giving this a shot, would like to work in Let Me Go Rock and Roll from Alive

I am guessing that song length has to match up?

#81 5 years ago

I just can’t get into to the game with the stock songs. I updated mine and it rocks

All kept songs replced with original recordings. The new ones are weak

Detroit Rock City
Black Diamond
Love Gun
Shout It Out Loud

Added:
God of Thunder (a must for Demon MB)
I was Made For Loving You
Shock Me
Back in the NY Groove
2000 Man

And Cheap Trick’s Surrender for Kiss Army

Game is awesome!!!

I agree with previous poster. The songs although they fit exactly they cut off and restart too soon. No idea why bit its still way better now. I wanted Judas Priest for KA but Breaking the Law did not fit and I didn’t feel like playing around with it.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Great work. Are you willing to upload and share your version?

Yes. Code update is for a Pro.

3 months later
#83 4 years ago

New puppy bounding on the scene!
Even though I like Lick It Up and I Love it Loud I want to stick to golden era/early years. I like the Alive II idea...
Anyone change callouts? Not a fan of the "We're gonna do a little number for you now" would rather hear something from one of the Alive's or bootlegs. Would also like to use a clip of a local recording and get my town in there!
Any tips or suggestions are welcome

#84 4 years ago

Changing callouts is the same as changing songs. Find an audio clip that is approximately the same length and replace the offending callout. I agree with your "We're gonna do a little number for you now" opinion - I cringe a little every time I hear it.

For anyone interested in trying something new on their Pro, I've got a modded version of 1.41 that has live versions of all the songs. I've replaced 3 songs (Hotter Than Hell. Calling Dr Love, Love It Loud) with other tracks (Makin' Love, God of Thunder, Strutter respectively) but the other 7 titles remain the same. All the songs are original live recordings and sound WAY better than the re-recorded crap that the game originally came with.

One note - when I originally replaced the songs in v1.28, Stern had not yet implemented the "You Wanted The Best and You Got the Best" quote on game start. One of my tracks (Detroit Rock City) has that quote in the beginning so you may hear that quote twice if you select DRC on game start.

Anyone interested can PM me for a link.

7 months later
#85 4 years ago

nice, any upload available for a premium/LE in 1.41 ?

2 months later
#86 3 years ago

Just tried to upload version 1.41.0 Pro into Pinball Browser. I am getting this message. Anyone seen this before? Thanks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
6 months later
#87 3 years ago

I'm trying to update the music for the first time, and I'm getting an "unpack failed" error, once the usb is in the table, and the update is starting. I've tried "quick", and "Full". Same result. Any suggestions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-kiss-sounds-with-pinball-browser/page/2?hl=vader77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.