4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Syco54645
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi Guys,

I'm rapidly approaching that point in my life when kids will soon be around. I have a slight issue with my machines though. I'm a bit concerned with the language that is currently in many a machines diagnostic menus. I'm of course talking about the use of the word 'balls'.

'Insert balls', 'missing balls', 'balls in play' to name a few. I figured I'd take care of this problem sooner than later. I really don't want my kids to see the word 'balls' when I'm working on a game. Is there anyway to edit this text? Maybe change it to 'Chromed Spheres' or 'Silver Rounders' ? Thanks !

#2 4 years ago

Nope. It is called pin-ball afterall. You will learn how to deal with it as a parent, they will see and and hear much.much worse and insulating them early on would not be a good thing IMHO. (Dad of 4)

#3 4 years ago

Don't forget to change the "Knockers" text while you are in there, Banger might be a better alternative. Also don't forget to hide the receipts for your flipper "Rubbers", don't want the little ones to get the wrong idea.

#4 4 years ago

It's called Pin-circles in my house hold.

#5 4 years ago

LOL.... Funny poop.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Hi Guys,
    I'm rapidly approaching that point in my life when kids will soon be around. I have a slight issue with my machines though. I'm a bit concerned with the language that is currently in many a machines diagnostic menus. I'm of course talking about the use of the word 'balls'.
    'Insert balls', 'missing balls', 'balls in play' to name a few. I figured I'd take care of this problem sooner than later. I really don't want my kids to see the word 'balls' when I'm working on a game. Is there anyway to edit this text? Maybe change it to 'Chromed Spheres' or 'Silver Rounders' ? Thanks !

Are you crazy? What is this, a joke?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Are you crazy? What is this, a joke?

LOL. Sometimes, satire is so good, it's unrecognizable from reality.

#8 4 years ago

LMAO glad my kids are past that stage and um dad grow a set and learn to talk about it.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

LOL. Sometimes, satire is so good, it's unrecognizable from reality.

It isn't far from some legitimate prudish threads I have seen here.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Don't forget to change the "Knockers" text while you are in there, Banger might be a better alternative. Also don't forget to hide the receipts for your flipper "Rubbers", don't want the little ones to get the wrong idea.

Thanks ! I didn't even think of that one ! I'll have to get rid of that too. Honestly I wouldn't of bought this 'Scared Stiff' if I knew it mentioned 'balls' so much in the service menu.

#11 4 years ago

play on the mario Dont do drugs post.

#12 4 years ago

Make sure to replace "Flashers" with something more PC .. like "lights that quickly turn off and on"

Also make sure to put the rear levelers all the way down and the front all the way up - wouldnt want little Johnny to get his feelings hurt by the steel sphere draining

#13 4 years ago

Honestly I wouldn't of bought this 'Scared Stiff'

"Balls" is the least of your issues in Scared Stiff....

You might want to avoid the 'custom' roms for Demo Man if you get that title.
    faz

#14 4 years ago

Perhaps I can interest you in a Pong...

Not even round...

#16 4 years ago

I clicked on this thread ready to be angry, and now my day has been made!

#17 4 years ago

Hi Guys,

Best not let your kids watch golf either. 'Get it in the hole', 'hole in one', white balls, stroke, and they even count the number of strokes.
    LOL. LOL. LOL.

#18 4 years ago

Every time my kids hear an EXTRA BALL callout, they look down.

#19 4 years ago

Poor, poor Lance Armstrong.

#20 4 years ago

Love the "orb" replacement for "ball"! Orb 1 in play - multi-orb... PERFECT!

Also better not use Flipper. They may think you are referring to the person in the car next to you that doesn't like your bumper sticker... Maybe you can use "orb launcher"....

#21 4 years ago

I wouldn't of bought this 'Scared Stiff' if I knew it mentioned 'balls' so much in the service menu.

You might want to block out the word "stiff" on the backglass with duct tape.

#22 4 years ago

You're also going to have to look into changing all the games with shooter rods to launch mechs and launch buttons.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Best not let your kids watch golf either. 'Get it in the hole', 'hole in one', white balls, stroke, and they even count the number of strokes.

"He's got his hands half way down the shaft"

rd.

#24 4 years ago

Man don;t let them see the thread with someone selling a Williams Gusher.

#25 4 years ago

Watch out for the gobble hole.

8 months later
    #26 4 years ago

Bump on this as no clear solution was offered...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 239.00
    $ 8.95
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 79.99
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside