9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by absocountry2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I wanted to change the batteries in my LOTR and Spiderman this morning. I located the ones on the LOTR and changed them, however I was unable to locate the batteries for the Spiderman anywhere. Could someone please tell me where they are located if there are any at all? Thank you.

#2 9 years ago

Did Stern go to that new memory chip? I doubt it but it would be cool.

#3 9 years ago

I think the new stern hardware use a flat lithium battery, not AA's. At least that's what I saw in a relative's family guy. Should be middle of cpu/sound board.

#4 9 years ago

Sigh. So now we are back to CPU corrosion from battery leakage in 10 years?

#5 9 years ago

I convert to standard AA's off the board for people. Those 3V flat lithiums are not a favorite of mine. One guy wanted D cells but I talked him out of it.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can locate the square battery on the board. I did not see anything on the board that resembled a battery, but at the time I was looking for triple a's.

#7 9 years ago

I found the battery on the Spiderman. It is a round lithium battery about the size of a quarter. How often should I change the battery in this machine? Once a year, etc..? Thank you.

#8 9 years ago

The battery is round about the size of a quarter. Should be held in place by a black plastic holder.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks NovArcade and everyone else. I think that changing the lithium battery once a year as well as changing the double A's in LOTR once a year also should be fine.

#10 9 years ago

According to this, lithium coin cells used in electronic devices last an average of 15 years. So I think replacing it every year is overkill, but I guess better safe then sorry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_battery

#11 9 years ago

Yeah, those lithium batteries last a long time. It would be a good practice to pull it once a year to check condition and voltage, but no need to replace it. One of my arcade game pcbs still has the original battery going strong, and it was made back in 99.

You have to realize these batteries original application was for wrist watches. Hence the shape. They are meant to run 7 - 10 years without needing a replacement.

#12 9 years ago

Oh OK. So they are the removable type. That is good. Yeah, annual replacement of a Lithium is quite unnecessary.

10 months later
    #13 8 years ago

A lot of desktop computers have these disc batteries. I think under that kind of use they last up to about 15 years. I have the original in my old desktop that is about 10 years old and it is still fine.

However, these batteries can last as little as a bout a year in other applications. I have a meter mounted on my handlebars of my road bike that only lasts for about a year before going dead.
    it depends on the device. I would think that the DMD pinball machines today would use about the same energy as a desktop (i.e. a circuit board memory).

#14 8 years ago

I saw one of those on Stargate. It is the original one. I am going to change it for the guy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 26.50
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 9.95
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside