(Topic ID: 252544)

Changing a Euro plug cord to US (not in Vid’s guide)

By drsfmd

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C29529A2-848E-4B4E-AC4A-F5BEE406F6D7 (resized).jpeg
207F4F60-1191-49EF-B4DD-B40FC0F36A6D (resized).jpeg
C614A873-A0DB-40F9-B593-A7BC5642D03A (resized).jpeg
euro transformer (resized).jpg
euro plug (resized).jpg
2172FC95-BBD8-4DB9-A210-035C17B77983 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I took another look at it this morning. There *is* a ground on the existing plug- those two little notches have metal blades in them, and there's continuity from the blade to the ground. I feel a little silly having missed that last night.
Looks like it will be pretty straightforward from here... thanks for your help gents!
Edit: And yes, I'm going to clean those contacts well before installing the new cord. I'm thinking I should remove those little rusty buss bar style connectors, and wire it directly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to see your working on it! I really hope you get it going. Can’t wait to see how it plays!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Not meaning to hijack thread... but those Jones Plugs.
Does anybody know if there very many variations out there?
The ones in the photo's are 2x6's.
And does anybody know why these are called Jones Plugs? The rest of the world outside of pinball know that Jones Plugs are flat bladed connectors which look nothing like these.

Last Lap has a few different sizes. There were two massive ones that are for the playfield which are like 20 pins I think.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-a-euro-plug-cord-to-us-not-in-vids-guide?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.