New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 129240)

changes to pinside make it harder for me to view and post

By tp

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0193.JPG
    20150602_142534.jpg

#1 5 years ago

First the introduction of cookies. Then I couldn't browes on my Playstation 3. Now with the introduction of mobile version it's almost impossible for me to view or post and enjoy the process. I tried going in to settings and getting out of mobile version and back to desktop but it's just as bad. I'm browsing on a galaxy s5 and it's very difficult. I'm sad to say unless someone can help me get my old pinside back my posting and browsing will become non existant. Is anyone else having this problem?? Everytime I try to expand my whole screen gets filled with all the stuff up top, and I can't see anything else. What happened???

#2 5 years ago

Could you post a screen shot? Or a photo or anything to give me an idea of what is going on?

And what is wrong with cookies?

#3 5 years ago

When I try to put my fingers on screen and make text or images bigger, pinside logo and all topic headers like furum market events gcome down from top and take over my whole screen making no room for me to write or see anything else. As for cookies I was just making a reference to the decline (for me)in enjoying the site... having to allow cookies, then not working on my ps3, e, and now almost unable to do anything easily on my phone as of new update. Right now I'm actually typing blind cuz I can't view sentence cuz of everything from top taking over my view in area.

#4 5 years ago

I use a Galaxy s5 as well and I have no issues as you describe.

#5 5 years ago

Would it be an idea to try a different browser? I don't know which one you are using now but that way we can at least get you on Pinside properly.

And if you could post your browser and the version number I can see if I can run it in the emulator and wether I'm getting the same issue. That way I could hopefully fix it.

#6 5 years ago

Robin please bear in mind that the ps3 browser was inadequate for many sites when it came out in 2006. It would be like trying to cater to IE 7 running on a pentium 2.

#7 5 years ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I am having the same problem 20150602_142534.jpg

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Robin please bear in mind that the ps3 browser was inadequate for many sites when it came out in 2006. It would be like trying to cater to IE 7 running on a pentium 2.

I think he is referring to his Galaxy S5 causing the issues described in opening post.

As for PS3, sorry but there is no way I can support it. Actually, I just looked up known issues with the PS3 browser (a lot!) and wether there is a way to test its browser (there is: buy a ps3!). It's impossible to support. I suggest buying a nice tablet, Pinside is pretty awesome on an iPad.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Iamneo:

Thanks for the screenshot. I'll fire up the emulator and see if I can get that to happen here.

This is not somehow font size setting related?

#10 5 years ago

That almost seems like it is increasing/decreasing font sizes, instead of zooming.

#11 5 years ago

Hope its fixable

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Iamneo:

Hmmm, my Galaxy S5 looks good, with no issues.

IMG_0193.JPG
    #13 5 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Hmmm, my Galaxy S5 looks good, with no issues.

Sounds like the issue is with zooming in. Use your fingers, pinch to zoom, and see if you can replicate their issue.

#14 5 years ago

http://androidadvices.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-tip-font-size-magnify/

TzJay: Adjust your settings so that pinch zooms instead of changes font size.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Sounds like the issue is with zooming in. Use your fingers, pinch to zoom, and see if you can replicate their issue.

Yep, that is the issue. When zooming in the header bar zooms in as well.

#16 5 years ago

I tried the trick above, increasing font size and it has helped alot. Especially when viewing pictures. However when I try to pinch zoom on this screen while typing header expands and still takes over much of screen. Much better, and something I guess I'll adjust to. However I found the experience much better before the update, just saying. Either way I appreciate the fact pinside is available for me and others to enjoy and for that I thank those that make it happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    Lighting - Led
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 999.00
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 38.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 3.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 700.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 89.99
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 99.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside