IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #830 Update on playfields stocking according to Stern Posted by Manimal (7 years ago)

Post #839 Story of a Pro owner's PF swap Posted by JoshODBrown (7 years ago)

Post #878 replacement playfield recieved - dated jan 5, 2017 Posted by RickAHG (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#641 7 years ago

Has anyone thought about going through a distributer and just buying a PF, having it recleared and swapping it out. IF, you can buy one that wont have the same defects that is. I'm thinking that Gawy is going to replace the least amount of these shit PFs as he can get away with and these ghosted, chipped PF games are worthless as they are just going to get worse fast. Yes you will have more money in the game but at least you would have one that looks nice. It is a shame it has come to what it has, These games are shit and still astronomical in price. and Gawy is pretty much counting his cash and giving people the finger. Same goes for Jack at $12500 per game. I'm seeing the old W/B games becoming worth more and more.

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Go back and read what Extreme pinball said himself about JJP. That's his experience with his RR Woz on route.
He's not just slamming Stern, sorry to burst your JJP bubble there Panzer.

Not to beat a dead horse but the ink on my WOZ started chipping off at less than 300 plays. I bugged Jack to send me another PF and he sent me a reject that had dished inserts. That was the last time I bought anything from that guy.

2 weeks later
#901 7 years ago

Dude, how long have you been on pinside. For every person like you and I who sees that Stern games are shit and overpriced there are 10 who thinks that Gary's shit doesn't stink, that Stern makes a fine product for the price and thank God that they are still making pins. I love the fact that you have to put a protector on every hole, magnet, shooter lane or whatever to protect the PF, for home use mind you, and people think that is OK. I have W/B games with thousands of plays that have been in the wild for years and years and they don't look as bad as some Sterns that I have seen. I don't think you are making a dent in Sterns business

#903 7 years ago

I wouldn't buy sheite from Stern, ever. The only thing they have going over older W/B games is a deeper ruleset. You cant buy parts to fix them once Stern runs out and if the have them they are outrageously priced. Ill keep my MM and my TZ, CCC, Creech WH20 and others forever

#1032 7 years ago

If stern will only back its products if you say good things about them that is a pretty messed up company and I can't believe people keep defending them.

Just thank God that stern still makes games. It's ok that they fall apart after a few games and they have gone up in price to the point that most can't afford them and they sell games with no intention on completing the code. Just praise Gary

#1053 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

at least buying a new JJP game won't result in getting a poor playfield that begins chipping after a couple hundred plays and dimples like moon craters

Oh no? You want to see the pics of the WOZ that I owned with about 200 plays? Jack sent out stickers to cover it up. He is no better than Stern.

#1133 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

How about the time in the hobby when pins were a fraction of what they cost now and they actually made people money?
My point is it can still work that way- you buy a pin right now at a great price, play it a lot and maintain it well, and you can sell it close to what you bought it for, and in some cases- more. What's so hard to understand here? I swear, the mindset around here blows me away. Always looking to twist shit in a negative way. What's hard to decipher and comprehend that the price increases mean that NIB buyers will take larger depreciation hits then in the past? What's so hard to understand? Need a picture to help comprehend such a complicated statement?

Gary took that away. He saw that one could buy a pin and resell it and make a buck or play it and get their money back if it was a popular pin and he wanted it all. He didn't want to leave a penny on the table so he sells cheaped out pins that fall apart for all the money he can possible get

#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Credit where credit is due, Gary wasn;t the firt one to Jersey Jack up the price of games...he just followed suit.

Lol. That is true but jacks pins were way better quality except for the ones like mine that the PF did a Ghostbusters. Now Jack is so far out of line it isn't funny.

#1139 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

totally agree. but its not just limited to HD... All dealers rip you a new one, if you take your new car back for service.... the money is in services, not new car sales.

Harley Davidson or at least the store I bought mine from rips you off when it comes to warranty and service. I bought a $26000 CVO Breakout from Dallas HD which came put to 32K after financing all of 5K at their 14%. They gave me a 2 year warranty. No service policy no jacket no t-shirt nothing. They wouldn't even help me load it on the trailer. There was a recal on the clutch assembly and they told me I had to bring it there that I couldn't have the work done here in Houston which I think is bullshit but I never had the work done anyway. If I didn't think that was the best looking bike I had ever seen and had not been given most of the money as a gift I would have told them to stick that bike up their ass.

2 weeks later
#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Maybe they REALLY wanted to make sure the playfield they give you as a replacement was actually going to be good. I can imagine the shit tornado that would have spawned if I had gotten my replacement and it did the same thing the first playfield did.
5 weeks in on mine and looking good so far!

Do you really think they care? If they did they would have done something long ago. They just want to shut you up.

#1204 7 years ago

It's the end of the world I tell ya. It's pinmaggedon

#1207 7 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

We have way too much time on our hands. Pinmaggedon love it.

Thank you, Ill be here all week

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.50
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.