IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #830 Update on playfields stocking according to Stern Posted by Manimal (7 years ago)

Post #839 Story of a Pro owner's PF swap Posted by JoshODBrown (7 years ago)

Post #878 replacement playfield recieved - dated jan 5, 2017 Posted by RickAHG (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

OP, never, ever let someone know you're thinking of suing them. Jody already told Gary who CONtacted his Lawyer and is preparing a response.

I don't think it's a big secret at this point.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everybody needs to take a breath. Take a step back and avoid going into full blown hysteria.
The communication is terrible but nobody has ever come up with a time that Stern didn't stand behind their products. Ever.
Things will get resolved, maybe not on the timeline some people want but Vid has the right idea, a little bit of patience.

First time for everything, and here we are. If they keep stringing people along for another year are you still going to say you're confident they will eventually make them whole?

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I thought Gary was just a figure head at this point? Shouldn't this be directed at someone else?

He is Chairman and CEO. He's responsible.

#415 7 years ago

I wouldn't use MDF for pinball ever! I have some cheap shelves made out of MDF and they are not any stiffer than plywood. Seems like they would be more prone to warpage and they are VERY non-resistant to water damage.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I wonder how the years have treated the Bally Speakeasy playfields that were made of resin ?
Was this the only game to have a resin playfield ?

Orbitor 1 was not wood, right?

1 week later
#606 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

And the ghosting keeps on ghosting

"Sorry but your incredibly horrible looking inserts do not warrant playfield replacement"

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Thanks.. that helped. I reached out to a few people. Doesnt seem to be a whole lot of people who have gotten replacements yet. Saw one guy who got a replacement that also ghosted on him after 40 plays, looks like he ended up selling the thing, but that was almost 2 months ago. Hoping they have actually solved the problem since then. Guess we'll see.

Zero evidence that they have solved the problem as of today :/

#802 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have noticed at least 5 of my inserts in my GOT pro have ghosting. Doesn't affect game play at all and unless your a pinball snob, you wouldn't even notice it. What should I do or how are people moving forward with this issue?

Contact your distributor and hope for the best

#846 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Got my Pro playfield swapped today. Right away I can tell the clear coat on the game is much different than my original run playfield from March. only about 15 games into it, but nothing chipping or ghosting so far. keeping a close eye on it every few games to see if anything develops. I was interested to see what the date on it was. appears its dated the 25th day of some month in 2016, but I can't make out the month, looks mangled, guessing its probably not December. maybe its October or November? hard to say. my original playfield had a lot of crazing on the inserts, new one looks clear, very vibrant when lit up, especially the big color changing arrows for the major shots. Will be watching it closely over the next two weeks, as it should get a fair amount of play. I had photos and video of my original playfield that you could see ghosting was starting at least as early as a week after we took delivery.
Swap process was very smooth, my dealer was in and out within an hour or so, tested all the switches, made some small adjustments and we were on our way! happy with it so far, but we'll see how it goes!

Looks like AUG to me. The last letter is more circular and definitely not a T, doesn't look like a V either. Could also be DEC if Stern had people working on Christmas Day.

1 week later
#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For those of us thinking of buying games made in 2015/2016 and have 1 or 2 ghosted inserts, does this effect the value of the game? Will those inserts deteriorate over the next few years?

Yes any ghosting will negatively affect the value in my opinion. Can't say for sure if they will get worse as it's probably dependent on the specific game, but there is always that possibility.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 25.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 103.00
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.