IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #830 Update on playfields stocking according to Stern Posted by Manimal (7 years ago)

Post #839 Story of a Pro owner's PF swap Posted by JoshODBrown (7 years ago)

Post #878 replacement playfield recieved - dated jan 5, 2017 Posted by RickAHG (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

For the people that are having clear coat coming off at the drain hole, could a piece of Mylar be put there and stop it?

I think the solution might be as simple to just bevel the edge slightly with a file.

Rob

1 week later
#866 7 years ago

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The good thing is the more people that buy their junk, the more "KPGs" will be on this site complaining
I don't care if they take another year to buy back my machine
Fact is if I cost them 10 pin sales that's almost $100K in revenue lost. Makes up for the few hundred I've lost on my crappy playfield
Everything past 10 pin sales lost is icing on the cake
So they are only hurting themselves.. they are a small biz and every pin counts.. so if they are sitting back doing this on purpose, it's not costing me shit - but it is for their distros and business- even if it's not a big number, money is money - clearly their reputation for quality built products is on a downtrend and not an uptrend

I think your approach is doing more bad than good, even for yourself.

Rob

#949 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's cool you like him, but EVH can't hold a candle to the much more skilled pop-guitarists like Yingwie, Vai, MacAlpine....even Eric Johnson is miles away better.

I really liked Yngwie up until Facing The Animal, and then War To End All Wars was even worse. Now that he sings himself.... meh..

Rob

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You know what crosses the line with me?
Spending $8,000 on a pinball machine, sold by a company that has been in business for 30 years.. and getting a defective product straight out of the box.
Then having the owner of the company promise a replacement in october 2016
Then ignoring me, not responding to emails, and not doing shit about fulfilling a promise.
Yeah, you cross that line with me and you deserve whatever the fuck comes your way next.

I thought you just said you were going to sell the game and move on? You're burning bridges and now making indirect threats?

Rob

#1035 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont percieve anything he said as a threat. All the guy wants is a mother effin new playfield and some communication from Stern, thats it! I cannot believe people are so appalled by him being pissed off. He spent nearly 9 thousand dollars on a clearly defective product and isnt being treated right. Thats a sh*tload of money to spend and then get treated this way as a customer. I dont even care if they are pissed at him and hate his guts, just give the guy a new playfield and be done with it already, because its the right thing to do!

Of course it's the right thing to do. I've been through a playfield replacement myself with a Met Premium because it was warped. That was 5 months of back and forth to get it done. Yeah, I know the frustration first hand. There was a time I wasn't even sure they would replace the playfield because I claimed the issue 9 months after I bought it, even though it was messed up from the beginning. I just never realized it was a big problem until I spent more time trying to figure out why the playfield didn't fit in the cabinet properly or that I could never level it properly.

I hope he gets it replaced soon.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 103.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields?tu=rob_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.