IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #830 Update on playfields stocking according to Stern Posted by Manimal (7 years ago)

Post #839 Story of a Pro owner's PF swap Posted by JoshODBrown (7 years ago)

Post #878 replacement playfield recieved - dated jan 5, 2017 Posted by RickAHG (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nowakster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Are these ghosting issues having an impact on game play?

word on the street is it's a cosmetic issue.

1 week later
#798 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Zero evidence that they have solved the problem as of today :/

except of reports of no ghosting on some machines from november...

2 weeks later
#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Wanted to give an update on my personal situation with Stern.
I spoke with John Buscaglia and Patrick Powers on a conference call today. Trent had been in touch with Stern as you know for quite some time, and finally made this phone call happen. So I can't lay any blame right now, I think he really was struggling to get answers and communicate w/ Stern and get fresh info to pass on to me.
First off, I have never spoken to John, but he is awesome. He first started off apologizing and saying sorry about the communication issues I have had with Stern. He was very sincere sounding, and really came off as a good dude. Told me he came from Topps cards and he understands the collector mindset and expectations - so there was no disputing on what I think is a defect vs. Stern's definition.
John also mentioned he knows communication is a problem and they are looking into ways to bring up the level of communication with customers. I spoke my mind loud and clear about the censorship of customer's social media posts and how they are quick to reply with a snarky comment to someone on there, but silent when it comes to complaints and everything else. John agreed and said Stern is looking to improve all aspects of their communication with customers.
They have my playfield ready and after my phone call w/ John, I decided I will not move forward with a buyback request - but simply replace the playfield. He also said he read many of my posts here and yes, all of my actions here did get them to the drawing board and said many of my criticisms here he cannot defend and agreed w/ a lot of them, which was pretty cool to hear that.
John offered to overnight me the playfield replacement box, but I declined as I know that is pretty pricey. I said just knowing its coming is fine w/ me. All I want out of this is better communication and them to see customers will not stand for high priced, half assed shit with poor customer service. John was very open to listening to me and told me they are trying to improve things at Stern based feedback here on Pinside. This site DOES matter to this hobby... all of our opinions and suggestions do get read. If you have a problem, post it here as Stern does read this and it seems is taking it to heart which is great for us hobbyists.
As of right now I am very happy after talking to John today, and from what he told me - everyone else should be getting the same result as me very soon as well. Hopefully this was a great lesson for Stern in regards to manufacturing, quality control, and especially customer service.

They really do love pinball KPG. I'm glad things are looking better. Hopefully you can get back to normalcy soon. Good luck.

1 week later
#1154 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Update:
Box received and playfield is boxed up ready to ship back.
They ended up shipping it overnight any way. So it looks like Stern has finally came through with their promise.
I am hoping more people are starting to get some information regarding their PF replacements now..

Cool. Now next time we know Stern will definitely play ball and support their customers. We can have faith in them now that they are making it right.

1 week later
#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

KPG sure has been awfully quiet lately. I hope Gary didn't go over to his house and kick his Azz or something.

he was burnt out from all the emotion i'm sure. It's likely he is enjoying his replacement. You can bet that he would be on here again if anything was wrong.

1 week later
#1217 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

KPG.... hello ? let us know man.

probably playing the heck out of it.

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

New playfield is in and working !!
It wasn't packed very well, so the slimer motor was tweaked and actually punctured the box. Straightened it out and it plays fine. No ghosting, looks to be good for now. We'll see if there are any other issues down the road, but stoked Stern finally pulled through on this.
Loved playing Aerosmith at the expo... maybe this will give me the confidence to pick up a Pro sooner than later...

I never had any doubt. My distributor really put my mind at ease when I questioned. He purposefully pushed his orders off until he was confident the problem was fixed. So, i'm glad they made it right for you. I'm expecting everyone to be made right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nowakster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields?tu=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.