IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #830 Update on playfields stocking according to Stern Posted by Manimal (7 years ago)

Post #839 Story of a Pro owner's PF swap Posted by JoshODBrown (7 years ago)

Post #878 replacement playfield recieved - dated jan 5, 2017 Posted by RickAHG (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Trent @ Tilt amusements is my distributor. He has mentioned his only recourse is to email Stern and hope they reply to him, which doesn't seem to be the case. He sent an email to them last week, and I asked if they replied yet (that was a couple days ago) and he hasn't gotten back to me either. I assume Stern had no information and keeps giving him the runaround as well.

Only buy NIB with an American Express card.

These sh*t discounts distributors offer for cash or bank transfer aren't worth it.

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think they need to appoint the person involved with promoting the BM66 SLE application & website to run the Playfield Replacement Program.

He must be one of the biggest horse's asses on the planet.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ummmm - You know that is not true. I have my replacement LE playfield..

Terrific, but why doesn't kpg have his?

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Legally, this is going nowhere. Mark my words.

I am sure you're right, but if it helps kpg get his playfield and serves to piss off the imbecile who came up with the idea to submit a video for a Batman66 SLE, I'm happy.

#136 7 years ago
#159 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im 100% sure Stern will replace all the bad playfields that meet there replacement requirements, i should know cause i was the first that i know of that actually got a replacement. My problem is they replaced the playfield with a old made one and smudged out the original date with a chemical then stamped it with a newer date. The replacement ghosted faster then the original. Stern was trying to get over me i feel and thats why i signed the petition.

Stern is getting caught with their pants down.

They are finding out that customers who pay 5K-15K won't just bend over and accept their half ass responses to quality issues.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The problem is it's just not the answer you want to hear

If true, that is an answer Stern should be providing kpg.

1 week later
#440 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So, SLE and LE owners are essentialy the guinea pigs then? Wow, that's disturbing.

And the SLE owners had to submit a video for the rights to be a guinea pig and then write a check for 15K.

I feel terrible for those folks.

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Why did ZombiYeti come in here just to post how he is attracted to Jody Dankberg and made everything uncomfortable for a couple of pages of posts?

I hope everything works out for all, but that post sure was uncomfortable.

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I quickly learned that a few people on here give this guy like God status or something and will actually threaten you and want to fight you over him. Too funny!

Yeah, those folks should be institutionalized.

#560 7 years ago

Redknight,

I have purchased 4 HUO machines over the last few months and I would pass on your GB machine.

Call me picky, but at even a grand off market value, I would keep shopping.

I wish you the best in reaching a resolution with Stern and your distributor.

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just got an email from Trent stating that Stern sent him an email that "all playfields are expected to be replaced by Feb". Brand new news today. Perhaps this is their way of responding to my letter, with a firm ETA?!? If so.. that's definitely good news.

February of 2017?

#640 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

My replacement playfield immediately began to chip. I wouldn't bother sending your faulty one back in, just flip it and move on.

And this is what I assumed and dreaded.

It appears the only Stern machines I will buy now are 12 month old HUO.

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

That's only about 18 Super LE'S they don't need you... plus you probably didn't even send a video

Yeah, first and foremost, Stern needs another video campaign.

As a GB owner, if your video is selected you will then have the right to purchase a populated play field at a healthy 5% discount.

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

They ask for dumb ass "video applications" to buy a $15K pin w/ bare ass code, but stay silent and let those who bought garbage machines sit and wait and hope they make good on their promise.

I can't get enough of this one.

Hopefully, they get their act together soon.

2 weeks later
#1097 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

They offered to overnight playfield and he declined. Must not of been so urgent after all..

At this point, the knucklehead from Stern should have shipped it overnight without asking his customer.

#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Looking for the day when this discussion can be closed............

We can dream that one day Stern will get their act together.

1 month later
#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just an FYI:
I received a letter from the Illinois Attorney General today. Attached, there was an email response from Michael O'Donnell (Executive VP/CFO of Stern) with a very detailed response to the attorney general.
The email response from Michael @ Stern was sent to the Attorney General on Feb. 16th. I received the call my playfield was ready and an empty return box would be shipping to me on Feb. 16th. Not a coincidence I am sure.
If anyone is still having a problem with their machine and getting a replacement, feel free to contact the Illinois Attorney General which is Lisa Madigan.
Here is the contact info if wanting to open a case:
Beatriz Reyna-Villazana
Citizen's Advocate
Consumer Protection Division
[email protected]
(312) 814-6076
Stern has made it right and my case is closed- but just know, contacting the AG of Illinois did work in my situation.

What was the gist of Michael O'Donnell's response?

#1245 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've called and talked to Chaz several times. I've always tried to remain calm and professional. The last time I talked to him, I started getting upset. I could actually hear him chuckling a bit while I was voicing my unhappiness.
I guess I'll be filing a complaint w/ the attorney General today...maybe, that will help.

Chaz sounds like a bit of a horse's ass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields?tu=mike_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.