IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #830 Update on playfields stocking according to Stern Posted by Manimal (7 years ago)

Post #839 Story of a Pro owner's PF swap Posted by JoshODBrown (7 years ago)

Post #878 replacement playfield recieved - dated jan 5, 2017 Posted by RickAHG (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

OP, never, ever let someone know you're thinking of suing them. Jody already told Gary who CONtacted his Lawyer and is preparing a response.

Least that proves one thing Jody does read these forums to see what we are all saying and can get off his ass and act when he wants to, shame he cant do the same when everyone is asking where promised code is? or where playfields are? its amazing how a simple two minute update with a little information informing buyers what is what can calm a situation and ease concerned buyers and customers compared to radio silence or stay tuned.

If you read between the lines of any and all of the complaints aimed at Stern all anyone seems to want from them is a little open communication, when you have PR guy sitting on Facebook surely that's not asking too much at 6, 8, 10k a pop, its what social media PR is for to be "social" with your customers

#151 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ya know the really crazy thing about all this.................. All these problems were created over a 15 dollar cost difference in PF suppliers.

Your joking? $15!? Stern announced a $200 price increase with Aerosmith, should have just made it $215 if saving $15 was so important to them, I would have paid the difference for them to continue as they where avoid screwing up the most important part of any pin.

If that is in fact true I'm done with Stern now, I don't like the decisions but I can live with plastic support sticks, moving the power button to save a few $$ on cable, plastic aprons, but when your trying to cheap out on the playfield which is the most important and used part of any game for 15 f*cking bucks I can't and won't support that.

#162 7 years ago

I signed - lack of playfield & code quality as my reasons.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Post photos. Expose the ruse.

Phbooms posted photos in a couple of threads (edit: in the link he just posted above ) it wasn't even done with any effort and was obvious to see what they had done, absolutely appalling customer care and quality control, a new low for Stern and highlights just how little they think of us as customers

#191 7 years ago

If people don't like this thread they need to drain it, same for all the Debbie down voters on every post that says something negative about Stern, we all love pinball we all love Stern and appreciate what they have done but a lot of people think enough is enough now. If you don't and are happy with Stern then more power to you continue buying but don't stomp on a guy who is trying to do something to help the community.

At the end of the day there are big issues with Stern and they are clearly only getting worse on all fronts, KPG is doing something to hopefully put a little pressure on Stern, to wake them up a little and hopefully they will pull their heads out of their asses and realise they need to treat their customers with a little more respect and a little less contempt.

Does KPG always go about things the right way? No but we can all be hot headed when we are passionate about something and KPG is never short of passion or shy on making his feelings clearly and is only asking for what he and others deserve which is a product at an expected level of quality, it certainly doesn't help when guys who got lucky and have issues drop in saying I've never had any problems or I had issues resolved in a week when others are being left for months without any end in sight.

If we come together as a community hopefully Stern will start addressing things, in fighting between ourselves is going to get none of us anywhere. It's in our nest interests to give Stern a wake up call and ultimately in their best interested and the best interests of the hobby in order for it to keep flourishing and expanding with continued success.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't see how anybody can know that "things are clearly getting worse on all fronts" when they don't communicate, and yet they are still shipping most pins with no issues
That type of over the top rhetoric doesn't help. You don't know anything other than they have had PF issues and I'd assume in that they are in the process of working those out.
What does "on all fronts" mean. Wtf

I buy NIB sterns have done since T3, so I know from my own experiences quality control is getting worse, communication has got worse over last few years, codes getting worse, pricing isn't getting any better, more and more people are becoming unhappy with how Stern treat them and their customers (plenty of examples in a lot of the recent threads) none of those issues point to things being or getting any better. If KPG kicking up abit of a storm gets people with playfields defects an answer and an update and eventually a new playfield then more power to him.

1 week later
#450 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have not seen one Batman with ghosting. Am I missing something?

No ghosting that I have seen, I have seen a couple of owners report some pretty excessive dimpling, one guys BM66 playfield looks like it is made of soft cheese, it looks terrible and saying it looks like the surface of the moon doesn't do it justice, especially on a premium release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.