IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #830 Update on playfields stocking according to Stern Posted by Manimal (7 years ago)

Post #839 Story of a Pro owner's PF swap Posted by JoshODBrown (7 years ago)

Post #878 replacement playfield recieved - dated jan 5, 2017 Posted by RickAHG (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Forget testing.. Its within the realm of possibility they simply are accepting lower quality wood now.
If Churchill says to Stern 'Hey Gary, bad news, wood prices are up... to get that same XYZ wood we used last year, the new price for PF is up $40 each'. They can certainly decide that they aren't going to pay for the material and accept a lower standard.
Or simply move to another quality seeking price reductions...
Stern hasn't promised anyone any spec on their components... they can change them at will.

They've also shown that they're not afraid to raise prices though, so to suggest that they are just using cheaper material to eek out a little more from each pin seems odd, without evidence, no? I mean, if it were that simple a problem, don't you think that Stern would have switched back to the more expensive wood in order to solve these issues by now?

2 weeks later
#863 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

KPG's efforts 100% helped because Stern doesn't like seeing their reputation getting smeared all over the internet believe me. I don't think he is asking anyone to bow down to him or call him a Hero or anything like that, but him raising so much hell absolutely helped. He may have hurt himself possibly if Gary or whoever holds a grudge against him now, but he did in fact get Stern off of their ass somewhat I guarantee it. All Stern had to do was have a good relationship and communicate with their customers and none of this would have ever happened. That's the part I don't understand, it could have been so easy for them and actually good for business. Now people are pissed at them and don't trust them as a company and are looking to other pinball manufacturers for better products instead of sticking with the pinball company they loved.

While I 100% follow your logic as to WHY KPGs actions should have helped motivate Stern, you're still presenting ZERO factual evidence that this is the case.
The mere fact that KPG is still sitting on a busted playfield would STRONGLY indicate that his huffing and puffing has had little to no effect whatsoever.
I wouldn't even be surprised if he ends up near the back of the line for ranting and raving like he has been. I mean, say you're Stern and you have some play fields for replacement, but not enough to go around. Are you going to reward your long term customers first, or the guy who's adamantly anti-Stern and vowing publicly that he'll never buy another Stern product again?

We'll see how this plays out.

KPG: who was it that told you they would buy your pin back? Stern, or your distributor?
I missed the update where Stern contacted you, saying they would refund you 100%. Did that happen?

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's hard to say.
No matter what, Stern was going to fix the problem.
But if Gary himself looked at the OPs posts and found them to be mean spirited, he may have had second thoughts about buying the machine back.

I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THOSE DOUCHEBAGS WONT RETURN MY CALLS!!!!!

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

They aren't returning Trent's calls
What's your point?
Stern shouldn't return calls to a good distributor of theirs? I don't bother calling them at all. That's my distro's job
So your attempt at humor really wasn't well thought out at all man.

My point is that your terrorist-like approach has gotten you nowhere, and you can't seem to understand why.
Since you're the butt of the joke, I'm not surprised you don't find it funny.

Even funnier is the fact that I personally warned you not to buy a GBLE cause you'd probably have issues and you flamed me at the time.
Payback. It's something all right!

#967 7 years ago

I expect everyone on Pinside wants to see you made whole, but also maybe to suffer the longest, given the way you've chosen to go about this. Now you're even throwing jabs at Trent?
Damn, Dude. Looks like the playfield on your Ghostbusters isn't the only thing coming apart at your house!

Hang in there. Stern will make it right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.