Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Schabs81
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 115 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_3257 (resized).JPG
DSC_3259 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170318_162208 (resized).jpg
IMG_1552 (resized).JPG
IMG_1550 (resized).JPG
IMG_1555 (resized).JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_2441 (resized).JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1251 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ya know the really crazy thing about all this.................. All these problems were created over a 15 dollar cost difference in PF suppliers.

Your joking? $15!? Stern announced a $200 price increase with Aerosmith, should have just made it $215 if saving $15 was so important to them, I would have paid the difference for them to continue as they where avoid screwing up the most important part of any pin.

If that is in fact true I'm done with Stern now, I don't like the decisions but I can live with plastic support sticks, moving the power button to save a few $$ on cable, plastic aprons, but when your trying to cheap out on the playfield which is the most important and used part of any game for 15 f*cking bucks I can't and won't support that.

#152 2 years ago

quoting the petition link just to get it on this page also.

Go sign if you have not already. Support KPG as he starts the ball rolling on this. Strength in numbers is where things get done!

#153 2 years ago

I thought Gary was just a figure head at this point? Shouldn't this be directed at someone else?

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, right.
Let's see if he's the first person to get a replacement that isn't also defective. There are no reports of a replacement GBLE playfield yet, especially one that isn't also affected by ghosting.

And perhaps this is why you have no date on your replacement rather than because stern is trying to pull a fast one on you.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ya know the really crazy thing about all this.................. All these problems were created over a 15 dollar cost difference in PF suppliers.

Moreso, an attempt by Stern to control the supply chain in the industry, as they like to do. (Churchill started to make pfs for JJP, Stern freaked out and dumped them)

#156 2 years ago

im 100% sure Stern will replace all the bad playfields that meet there replacement requirements, i should know cause i was the first that i know of that actually got a replacement. My problem is they replaced the playfield with a old made one and smudged out the original date with a chemical then stamped it with a newer date. The replacement ghosted faster then the original. Stern was trying to get over me i feel and thats why i signed the petition.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im 100% sure Stern will replace all the bad playfields that meet there replacement requirements, i should know cause i was the first that i know of that actually got a replacement. My problem is they replaced the playfield with a old made one and smudged out the original date with a chemical then stamped it with a newer date. The replacement ghosted faster then the original. Stern was trying to get over me i feel and thats why i signed the petition.

Wow that's wrong on so many levels. Hope this gets sorted soon. I can't imagine how long it's going to take for people here in Australia and in other countries to get their new playfields. But to get a replacement with another defective one must be heart breaking. Thanks for posting. Shows the disdain that Stern can have to its customers at times. I know they can be very supportive but they have also shown how dismissive they can be as well. My wallet on NIB has been closed for a while with all the price hikes blamed on our weaker dollar. But when our dollar climbs we never see a price drop?? Don't get me started on dimpling. Good luck to all affected.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Stern is getting caught with their pants down.

They are finding out that customers who pay 5K-15K won't just bend over and accept their half ass responses to quality issues.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I thought Gary was just a figure head at this point? Shouldn't this be directed at someone else?

He is Chairman and CEO. He's responsible.

#161 2 years ago

77 pinsiders active in this thread, only 59 people signed the petition. I'm not a math wiz but that number should be higher. People are content bitching but once it comes to "pony up / have the balls" to follow through then a lot of pinsiders fall short. The more people that sign even if they are not affected by this and show there support will send out a clear message. Actions speak louder than words and right now what I am seeing doesn't say much.

Are you serious stern thread as 5000 posts.....people are angry in their little bubble and that's it. Stern just laughs at all of us because just a few people have the balls to stand up and fight.

#162 2 years ago

I signed - lack of playfield & code quality as my reasons.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Post photos. Expose the ruse.

#164 2 years ago

This thread is embarrassing. It's everything I hate about The Internet, and Pinside wrapped up in a tidy bow!

I'm sorry that anybody is having issues. I've had plenty of issues with my machines over the years. Usually, I write to Stern, or call them, we start a dialogue, and the issue gets solved. Also happens with JJP, and Spooky.

Change.org is a place to go demand clean water for people living on Reservations. It's a place to raise awareness about deplorable conditions at home and abroad that demand action... It's not a place for rich dudes to whine about tiny defects in their $8K toys. What sort of reality distortion bubble do you guys live in??!

KPG, I don't know you at all, and I have no desire to insult you, or make this personal.

You have some issues with your playfield. You raised a stink, and Gary CALLED YOU PERSONALLY!!! He assured you Stern would look after you, and that they were working out the logistics. We are seeing it happen. There have been some more issues, and they are also being addressed.

Stern is not Sony. They are not Ford. They are a SMALL Manufacturing company, making machines in the USA for a VERY niche market. They care about their products. They care about their customers. There are infinite examples of this, it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

BM66 was a very expensive pinball machine, eh guys??! Did anybody notice that?! I saw it mentioned here. Did the extra money Stern took in on that title somehow all become profit?! Did Stern have ZERO expenses while they sold that machine??! WTF are you guys on about?! The dime-store financial analysis that goes on here is mind blowing. Now somebody is saying they made a change to save $15/playfield. Likely something pulled right out of the poster's arse, but then it starts getting repeated on here as if it's gospel.

The piling on, and ill will that gets directed towards Stern is really baffling to me.

It strikes me that there are a whole bunch of dudes who spend WAY TOO MUCH time on here revelling in the ability to spew negative nonsense about things they are BARELY informed of.

Stern announces Aerosmith. It's a race to Pinside to make the snarkiest post about how shitty it is. It's a rehash, code sucks, QC will blow, Cash Grab, etc etc.

I wish that the world's biggest site dedicated to the hobby I enjoy the most wasn't such a cesspool of whinging and drama.

Stern are not the evil empire ruining Pinball for the masses. They are the ONLY real player in the game. JJP is making headway, and I've purchased BOTH the machines they've produced. Spooky is AWESOME, and I've purchased 2 of the 3 pins they've produced. My WOZ had tons of issues. I was chasing problems with it from day one. JJP was great about working with me, sending me the parts I needed, and eventually the problems got sorted. Hobbit has been no cake walk either. Those Beast Mechs have been a disaster. The fix is no walk in the park either. It's a MAJOR install that's not for the faint of heart by any stretch. Even after installation, I still have lots of issues with the mechs... That's pinball Baby! Not trashing JJP, just saying EVERYBODY has issues. Also, luckily, outside of JPOP and SkitB, the issues are being dealt with. Stern is the only company cranking out great titles year after year. Everybody likes different titles, and different eras. I love my Fathom, and my Centaur, also my Fast Draw... but in my opinion MET, ACDC, and TWD are simply THE BEST pinball machines ever made. My opinion... others certainly disagree.

I will continue to support Stern because they manufacture pinball machines. I like to purchase, and play pinball machines. Stern has made ALL of my favourite pinball machines. They have been excellent with me from a customer service standpoint since I picked up my first NIB Stern (LOTR) in 2004.

Looking for defects with a magnifying glass, and a bright light is just OCD insanity. You're buying commercial vending equipment. Its a game. You're meant to play it. It's NOT supposed to be a museum piece.

It's as if a bunch of us got SUPER in to lawn tractors, and started collecting them and displaying them in our living rooms. Then we start complaining to John Deer when the grease from the blade deck leaks on the carpet. "I PAID 15K for this thing, and I expect perfection!!!!"

I think if you expect perfection, you might want to collect Dyson fans, and Vacuums instead of pinball machines.

I hope that everybody who has serious playfield issues will be looked after.

I wish you all the best, but most of all I wish you some perspective.

As I've said before... This is supposed to be fun, people.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Post photos. Expose the ruse.

Phbooms posted photos in a couple of threads (edit: in the link he just posted above ) it wasn't even done with any effort and was obvious to see what they had done, absolutely appalling customer care and quality control, a new low for Stern and highlights just how little they think of us as customers

#167 2 years ago

What is going on at STERN? And the prices keep rising.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Moreso, an attempt by Stern to control the supply chain in the industry, as they like to do. (Churchill started to make pfs for JJP, Stern freaked out and dumped them)

I did hear that too as part of the problem, but for my understanding it was a price issue also.

Im just glad they were able to find a solution and have Churchill resume making thier playfields.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This thread is embarrassing

Sorry but I 100% disagree. All who have problems have every right in the world to be pissed and vent that anger here and to stern. As for you, if your happy, great just don't expect others to be happy as well.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This thread is embarrassing. It's everything I hate about The Internet, and Pinside wrapped up in a tidy bow!
I'm sorry that anybody is having issues. I've had plenty of issues with my machines over the years. Usually, I write to Stern, or call them, we start a dialogue, and the issue gets solved. Also happens with JJP, and Spooky.
Change.org is a place to go demand clean water for people living on Reservations. It's a place to raise awareness about deplorable conditions at home and abroad that demand action... It's not a place for rich dudes to whine about tiny defects in their $8K toys. What sort of reality distortion bubble do you guys live in??!
KPG, I don't know you at all, and I have no desire to insult you, or make this personal.
You have some issues with your playfield. You raised a stink, and Gary CALLED YOU PERSONALLY!!! He assured you Stern would look after you, and that they were working out the logistics. We are seeing it happen. There have been some more issues, and they are also being addressed.
Stern is not Sony. They are not Ford. They are a SMALL Manufacturing company, making machines in the USA for a VERY niche market. They care about their products. They care about their customers. There are infinite examples of this, it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
BM66 was a very expensive pinball machine, eh guys??! Did anybody notice that?! I saw it mentioned here. Did the extra money Stern took in on that title somehow all become profit?! Did Stern have ZERO expenses while they sold that machine??! WTF are you guys on about?! The dime-store financial analysis that goes on here is mind blowing. Now somebody is saying they made a change to save $15/playfield. Likely something pulled right out of the poster's arse, but then it starts getting repeated on here as if it's gospel.
The piling on, and ill will that gets directed towards Stern is really baffling to me.
It strikes me that there are a whole bunch of dudes who spend WAY TOO MUCH time on here revelling in the ability to spew negative nonsense about things they are BARELY informed of.
Stern announces Aerosmith. It's a race to Pinside to make the snarkiest post about how shitty it is. It's a rehash, code sucks, QC will blow, Cash Grab, etc etc.
I wish that the world's biggest site dedicated to the hobby I enjoy the most wasn't such a cesspool of whinging and drama.
Stern are not the evil empire ruining Pinball for the masses. They are the ONLY real player in the game. JJP is making headway, and I've purchased BOTH the machines they've produced. Spooky is AWESOME, and I've purchased 2 of the 3 pins they've produced. My WOZ had tons of issues. I was chasing problems with it from day one. JJP was great about working with me, sending me the parts I needed, and eventually the problems got sorted. Hobbit has been no cake walk either. Those Beast Mechs have been a disaster. The fix is no walk in the park either. It's a MAJOR install that's not for the faint of heart by any stretch. Even after installation, I still have lots of issues with the mechs... That's pinball Baby! Not trashing JJP, just saying EVERYBODY has issues. Also, luckily, outside of JPOP and SkitB, the issues are being dealt with. Stern is the only company cranking out great titles year after year. Everybody likes different titles, and different eras. I love my Fathom, and my Centaur, also my Fast Draw... but in my opinion MET, ACDC, and TWD are simply THE BEST pinball machines ever made. My opinion... others certainly disagree.
I will continue to support Stern because they manufacture pinball machines. I like to purchase, and play pinball machines. Stern has made ALL of my favourite pinball machines. They have been excellent with me from a customer service standpoint since I picked up my first NIB Stern (LOTR) in 2004.
Looking for defects with a magnifying glass, and a bright light is just OCD insanity. You're buying commercial vending equipment. Its a game. You're meant to play it. It's NOT supposed to be a museum piece.
It's as if a bunch of us got SUPER in to lawn tractors, and started collecting them and displaying them in our living rooms. Then we start complaining to John Deer when the grease from the blade deck leaks on the carpet. "I PAID 15K for this thing, and I expect perfection!!!!"
I think if you expect perfection, you might want to collect Dyson fans, and Vacuums instead of pinball machines.
I hope that everybody who has serious playfield issues will be looked after.
I wish you all the best, but most of all I wish you some perspective.
As I've said before... This is supposed to be fun, people.

Can you post cliff notes? No way I want to read through all that whining by a guy without skin in the game and not affected.

Thanks for your post, now- give your keyboard a rest.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Can you post cliff notes? No way I want to read through all that whining by a guy without skin in the game and not affected.

Classy, Dude. How do I NOT have skin in the game??!! I own a GBle, TWDle, METpre, STle, and I have a BM66SLE on the way... how is that NOT having skin in the game??!! Because I'm not a whiner, I don't have "skin in the game"... Lame.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

without skin in the game

Guy has 18 pins by his collection list.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

77 pinsiders active in this thread, only 59 people signed the petition. I'm not a math wiz but that number should be higher. People are content bitching but once it comes to "pony up / have the balls" to follow through then a lot of pinsiders fall short.

Or maybe lots of people believe Stern will take care of the defective playfields even without signing the petition.

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

You have the ability to drain threads and posts. Pinside is a much better experience when you use those options rather than complaining about how other posters voice their frustration.

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Looking for defects with a magnifying glass, and a bright light is just OCD insanity.

This is a straw man argument. The issues with some of the playfields are far more serious than you're arguing. Do you recall seeing KPG's photos? His defects are serious enough that no magnifying glass or bright light is needed and he's not the only one. I've also seen "problems" closer to what you describe that make me roll my eyes.

I don't think there is a downside to the petition. We'll probably never know if it had any effect though. The replacement program is already underway. If it continues successfully how would one determine what effect the petition had? On the other hand, if Stern were trying to sweep this under the rug the petition is a small barrier to that.

I suspect Stern still does not know 100% what is causing the problem. They probably suspect it's a combination of factors that could affect a much larger number of playfields than are currently having problems. As they gain confidence the problem(s) have been fixed the replacement program will speed up.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Or maybe lots of people believe Stern will take care of the defective playfields even without signing the petition.

You have the ability to drain threads and posts. Pinside is a much better experience when you use those options rather than complaining about how other posters voice their frustration.

This is a straw man argument. The issues with some of the playfields are far more serious than you're arguing. Do you recall seeing KPG's photos? His defects are serious enough that no magnifying glass or bright light is needed and he's not the only one. I've also seen "problems" closer to what you describe that make me roll my eyes.
I don't think there is a downside to the petition. We'll probably never know if it had any effect though. The replacement program is already underway. If it continues successfully how would one determine what effect the petition had? On the other hand, if Stern were trying to sweep this under the rug the petition is a small barrier to that.
I suspect Stern still does not know 100% what is causing the problem. They probably suspect it's a combination of factors that could affect a much larger number of playfields than are currently having problems. As they gain confidence the problem(s) have been fixed the replacement program will speed up.

Well put. I totally agree that KPG's playfield should be replaced btw. I wasn't referring to his when I said that. I was making reference to the whining about playfield dimples, and magnet metal dimples that I've been reading.

I really should drain more threads, that's solid advice... But it's like a car wreck that I just can't drive past without looking!

My problem is that I'm excited about a new pin... ANY new pin, so I go to a thread to see photos, get info, and discuss a pin, only to be swamped with negativity. I suppose my post here was more generalized than this specific issue. This thread just seemed to optimize the problem.

#175 2 years ago

Honestly, something I think ALL pinball companies (manufacturers, part sellers, etc) could benefit from is better communication. When I ordered my WoZ from JJP it was like pulling teeth to figure out when it would ship, and why shipment was delayed 3 times. When I ordered some mods from a few companies, same deal. All communication came from my end directed at them, and I had to ask multiple times why it hadn't shipped. Titan, Pinball Refinery, and Laseriffic are the only companies so far that have been ridiculously good with their communication.

I asked Stern a question (not related to this) about a purchase 3 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I'm just never hearing back. Luckily, it doesn't matter if I hear back anymore. But my point is I can't think of many industries where you get to ignore your customer after they've paid you $5,000-10,000. People probably wouldn't be as mad about this if Stern gave regular updates on why replacements aren't going out yet and what they've learned about what caused the problems.

Pinball as a whole needs to get with the fact it's not 1990 (or 1970) and people expect effective, prompt, thorough communication.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude... I need to give my keyboard a rest??! Really??! I've been on Pinside for over 5 years, and made almost 1/3 of the posts in that entire time than you've made in the one year you've been here. Perspective.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Classy, Dude. How do I NOT have skin in the game??!! I own a GBle, TWDle, METpre, STle, and I have a BM66SLE on the way... how is that NOT having skin in the game??!! Because I'm not a whiner, I don't have "skin in the game"... Lame.

No skin in the game as you don't have a playfield that's fucked up like mine. You can't relate, sorry.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Thanks for putting that perspective out there Maple, its much needed.

While it's baffling to me the way they handle their communication or lack thereof, its still their business and the hysteria that ensues here is mind boggling.

The disgusting part is the "cesspool of whining and bitching" that this site becomes with every little freaking issue is out of control.

As i step back and think about what's gone on, what's been said re BM66, and now the onslaught of BS re Aerosmith, its really pathetic and shameful.

What's worse are the individual attacks that go against Stern employees.

It's one thing to point out an issue, its another to F ing thing to drone on and whine about NON STOP 24/7. It's F ing ridiculous.

Get on the phone and get it F ing worked out. And I'm NOT referring to Kpg or any one person, his PF is F ed up and i think it should be handled privately now.

Stern makes great pinball machines. PERIOD. If i want to buy an new pin all i have to do is pick up the phone, pay for it, and have it delivered the next day.

Oh yeah, that's what i'm going to do RIGHT NOW, call Game room guys, pay my balance on my BM66LE and have it shipped tomorrow!

The petty, jealous, crybaby crowd can ........................

#179 2 years ago

I 100% feel you deserve, and that they will give you a new PF......... Your just going to have to be patient. They are not making more just to ship out to you and every other customer. Its an exchange program.

When I had my MOPLE with a PF issue ( not a back order of people with this problem ) it still took a few months to get corrected.

Calm down and stop shooting yourself in the foot.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks for putting that perspective out there Maple, its much needed.
While it's baffling to me the way they handle their communication or lack thereof, its still their business and the hysteria that ensues here is mind boggling.
The disgusting part is the "cesspool of whining and bitching" that this site becomes with every little freaking issue is out of control.
As i step back and think about what's gone on, what's been said re BM66, and now the onslaught of BS re Aerosmith, its really pathetic and shameful.
What's worse are the individual attacks that go against Stern employees.
It's one thing to point out an issue, its another to F ing thing to drone on and whine about NON STOP 24/7. It's F ing ridiculous.
Get on the phone and get it F ing worked out. And I'm referring to Kpg or any one person.
Stern makes great pinball machines. PERIOD. If i want to buy an new pin all i have to do is pick up the phone, pay for it, and have it delivered the next day.
Oh yeah, that's what i'm going to do RIGHT NOW, call Game room guys, pay my balance on my BM66LE and have it shipped tomorrow!
The petty, jealous, crybaby crowd can ........................

So when i called Stern the day i got my replacement playfield and told them i could tell what they did and they denied it and told me a lie about how all the Pros having the misspelling on the playfield not just the old made ones what am i suppose to do? Get on a plane and go to there office? Keep calling and telling them there lying? Or let everybody know what happen so they dont have to experience the issues themselves?

#181 2 years ago

That's immensely incriminating, and also a laughably amateurish and slapdash attempt to cover up what they're doing.

They must assume their customers all have IQs in single figures.

With stuff like this floating around, I'd imagine it would be in their best interests to resolve all this before it goes to court ...

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Calm down and stop shooting yourself in the foot.

This is interesting to me. Are you saying complaining publicly about a real issue is gonna have a negative impact with getting that issue resolved?

It seems Stern have shown to be petty in the past with banning guys on facebook or pinball news fellas from their factory tours. They should get over it. If they fixed these issues ina timely manner or just communicated better, there would be fewer people complaining. This conflict is entirely their fault.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So when i called Stern the day i got my replacement playfield and told them i could tell what they did and they denied it and told me a lie about how all the Pros having the misspelling on the playfield not just the old made ones what am i suppose to do? Get on a plane and go to there office? Keep calling and telling them there lying? Or let everybody know what happen so they dont have to experience the issues themselves?

Document it, take pictures and get back on the phone with them to get it resolved. If somebody lied to you, talk to the next guy, Gomez? Jody? Gary? Whomever it takes to get it resolved.

What exactly did they do? Nvm, just saw your link.

Is it just the one Storage Facility insert that has slight ghosting now?

#184 2 years ago

I just signed this petition, i think it is disgusting how they treat there customers there is absolutely no reason why they should not have created a web page for you to register your complaint at this known defect. It is obvious they dont want to publicly acknowledge it for fear of having to replace more playfields then necessary.

#185 2 years ago

Kpg good luck my friend - ignore the naysayers on this thread.

Stern have had more than enough time to deal with this more effectively and it's now a joke. If they are dealing with the problem then at the least they should notify those when they will get the replacement..

Regards,
Neil

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Document it, take pictures and get back on the phone with them to get it resolved. If somebody lied to you, talk to the next guy, Gomez? Jody? Gary? Whomever it takes to get it resolved.
What exactly did they do? Nvm, just saw your link.

i did everything you said. you know how i handled it... sold the damn game even though i still really wanted to keep it. Doesn't change what Stern did and is probably doing to everybody. Hopefully they learned not to do it anymore after dealing with me and are sending out brand new churchhill playfields, time will tell if more replacements start ghosting and have multiple dates stamped on them.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i did everything you said. you know how i handled it... sold the damn game even though i still really wanted to keep it. Doesn't change what Stern did and is probably doing to everybody. Hopefully they learned not to do it anymore and are sending out brand new churchhill playfields, time will tell if more replacements start ghosting and have multiple dates stamped on them.

Ah yes, forgot you had sold yours, that's a shame.

It's a good thing that everybody posts their issues like you had here so people can make informed decisions.

I don't believe there is a huge conspiracy by Stern to consciously F people over. Not a good business model.

#188 2 years ago

Man it sucks when the Emotional Police come out to scold people for being too upset about one thing and not upset enough about something else. That's rude as hell.

It's bad enough that CrazyLevi has to treat yet another Pinside thread as his own personal open mic night - show the OP a little respect for trying to get shit done.

#189 2 years ago

Guys,guys,guys.

Let's keep the task at hand and that is go after Stern to fix the crappy pinball machines being supplied , let's not go after each other.

Maybe one day I can buy a Stern game again I can trust and spend my hard earned money on.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

How do I NOT have skin in the game??!!

curious, do you have any defects on your games to share?

That is how you dont have skin in the game. If you dont have any issues then you are kind of being a jerk coming in hear with a condescending attitude towards those with defective pfs that continue to get worse.

#191 2 years ago

If people don't like this thread they need to drain it, same for all the Debbie down voters on every post that says something negative about Stern, we all love pinball we all love Stern and appreciate what they have done but a lot of people think enough is enough now. If you don't and are happy with Stern then more power to you continue buying but don't stomp on a guy who is trying to do something to help the community.

At the end of the day there are big issues with Stern and they are clearly only getting worse on all fronts, KPG is doing something to hopefully put a little pressure on Stern, to wake them up a little and hopefully they will pull their heads out of their asses and realise they need to treat their customers with a little more respect and a little less contempt.

Does KPG always go about things the right way? No but we can all be hot headed when we are passionate about something and KPG is never short of passion or shy on making his feelings clearly and is only asking for what he and others deserve which is a product at an expected level of quality, it certainly doesn't help when guys who got lucky and have issues drop in saying I've never had any problems or I had issues resolved in a week when others are being left for months without any end in sight.

If we come together as a community hopefully Stern will start addressing things, in fighting between ourselves is going to get none of us anywhere. It's in our nest interests to give Stern a wake up call and ultimately in their best interested and the best interests of the hobby in order for it to keep flourishing and expanding with continued success.

#192 2 years ago

I don't see how anybody can know that "things are clearly getting worse on all fronts" when they don't communicate, and yet they are still shipping most pins with no issues

That type of over the top rhetoric doesn't help. You don't know anything other than they have had PF issues and I'd assume in that they are in the process of working those out.

What does "on all fronts" mean. Wtf

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious, do you have any defects on your games to share?
That is how you dont have skin in the game. If you dont have any issues then you are kind of being a jerk coming in hear with a condescending attitude towards those with defective pfs that continue to get worse.

Are you genuinely curious, or are you just being a tool?!!

As I think I mentioned, every single pin I've ever purchased has had issues. Some minor, and some major. All have been handled respectfully, and professionally.

I'm not being condescending to everybody that has issues with their playfields, I'm just sick of the misguided, entitled, bitching and moaning. That's all.

In a TINY community, there are much better ways to handle things than petitions, and bitchfests.

Perhaps what some see as "defects", I see as tiny imperfections that come part and parcel with manufacturing an extremely complicated machine. If I don't expect perfection, it would follow that I'm not disappointed when I don't receive it.

Again, I'm not talking about KPG's playfield. His issues were severe, if I recall correctly. I'm talking about approach.

If you REALLY want to know, I had some very minor clear coat chipping on the side of my GBle playfield just above the outlanes (Under the outlane post). One tiny fragment of the CC flaked off. It hasn't gotten worse, and it hasn't happened anywhere else on the machine. I haven't contacted Stern about it, because I don't give a shit. It hasn't effected my enjoyment of the pin one iota. I've had no insert ghosting.

Is that Skin in the game??!! Do I have Skin now??! Am I in the game??!!

I'm not a fighter, I'm a lover! I love pinball. When you think everybody at the party is an asshole... The problem might be you!

Perhaps a little more Flipping, and a little less Flipping Out??!!

Xoxo

#194 2 years ago

I got no skin in the game, I will not buy a NiB stern game.
If I lived near the stern factory, I would pack up my game and go there and demand that they change the PF.
And don't leave until they have.
That would at least give you some bragging rights on pinside.

Another way to see this, now you get to play the crap out of your game. And when the PF is destroyed, you will get a new one for free, now that's a silver lining!

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't see how anybody can know that "things are clearly getting worse on all fronts" when they don't communicate, and yet they are still shipping most pins with no issues
That type of over the top rhetoric doesn't help. You don't know anything other than they have had PF issues and I'd assume in that they are in the process of working those out.

I buy NIB sterns have done since T3, so I know from my own experiences quality control is getting worse, communication has got worse over last few years, codes getting worse, pricing isn't getting any better, more and more people are becoming unhappy with how Stern treat them and their customers (plenty of examples in a lot of the recent threads) none of those issues point to things being or getting any better. If KPG kicking up abit of a storm gets people with playfields defects an answer and an update and eventually a new playfield then more power to him.

#196 2 years ago

Here's a pic of a Metallica opened a couple week ago.

Notice anything strange?

Quoted from iceman44:

Resized_20161231_083618 (resized).jpeg

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quality control is getting worse, communication has got worse over last few years, codes getting worse, pricing isn't getting any better, more and more people are becoming unhappy with how Stern treat them and their customers (plenty of examples in aloe of the recent threads) none of that points to things getting better. If KPG kicking up abit of a storm gets people with playfields defects an answer and an update and eventually a new playfield then more power to him.

Pinball machines are getting better overall, code isn't not getting worse it's getting better. Communication is the same, non existent

An LCD has now arrived

Lighting, sound much better.

Stern has cranked out some great pins recently.

Bottom line, they are making great pins and people are buying them. That F ing simple.

Meanwhile, have a little patience while they fix the PF issue

Glass half full scenario? Kpg has a brand new PF without one dimple on it that he can then sell GB and get a premium for

#198 2 years ago

The pinball under the ramp? What about it?

#199 2 years ago

Maybe the missing wire form that allowed the pinball to get under the ramp?

Quoted from iceman44:

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like the machine is missing an entire lane guide. You can see the two end holes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rockwall, TX
$ 94.00
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
There are 1251 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside