IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_2441 (resized).JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 26.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Wallets folks, start disapproving with your wallets.

People wont ignore it, they will keep buying it for the most part. If its a theme they really like they will buy it no matter what and hope they get a playfield that meets there quality standards and if it doesn't they will look beyond that because of the theme. 99% of the people that get a new playfield from Stern to replace there "bad" one will never install it anyways. I honestly don't see Stern doing anything about it, other then hoping there next batch of playfields is better but there are some things you cant control 100% all the time. All sad but true.

John

#102 7 years ago

Petition signed. I'm mainly an EM guy, however, I purchased a NIB AC/DC premium in 2012. My first NIB. Love it, rock solid,well built! What happened to build quality since then? I would like to purchase a NIB Metallica. I won't till this problem is resolved period! I don't get Stern, don't you think their sales would soar if they solved/communicated the problem ASAP ? Seems like a real simple solution here. Many waiting since October, not cool. I'm voting with my wallet too. Jon

#103 7 years ago

Does anyone have an idea how many playfields need to be addressed? Also what games need attention?

#104 7 years ago

The distributor is supposed to help the coustomer that is who we are buying it from. That is why I love Costco I buy a product from them and if I have an issue I don't call the manufacturer I go to Costco. I just think the distributor should have a bigger part. I wonder if you bought local and took it back to them what they would do and if they would have to return it?

middleman. unless they take the hit on a refund? actually thats the buyers money anyway.. so they really are not out pocket...other than having a returned machine, they obviously cant sell... which then, they can sort out with Stern ? the distributor is the point of sale right? with no liability.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

distributor - middleman. unless they take the hit on a refund? actually thats the buyers money anyway.. so they really are not out pocket...other than having a returned machine, they obviously cant sell... which then, they can sort out with Stern ? the distributor is the point of sale right? with no liability.

#106 7 years ago

Here's a little evidence in sterns defense. I've personally had nothing but good luck with stern but I also route and play my games, not just look for flaws.

My Star Trek pro with nearly 15,000 plays.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-with-4938-plays-pics

#107 7 years ago

Neat wall-hangers...

KPG, I signed as well. Hope they get you guys squared away soon.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

The distributor is supposed to help the coustomer that is who we are buying it from. That is why I love Costco I buy a product from them and if I have an issue I don't call the manufacturer I go to Costco. I just think the distributor should have a bigger part. I wonder if you bought local and took it back to them what they would do and if they would have to return it?
middleman. unless they take the hit on a refund? actually thats the buyers money anyway.. so they really are not out pocket...other than having a returned machine, they obviously cant sell... which then, they can sort out with Stern ? the distributor is the point of sale right? with no liability.

Only problem is it seems Stern doesn't really give two shits about helping distributors out much either.

I emailed Trent @ Tilt last night to see if he got a reply back from Stern yet- which he sent an email a week ago- and said he hasn't heard anything. He's going to follow up again. Crazy they have the audacity to ignore one of their biggest distributors when he reaches out to them.

I'm willing to bet when he places orders for games they are lightning quick at responding though!

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from PA:

Many waiting since October, not cool. I'm voting with my wallet too. Jon

March .... tons of the first lot of SMVEs were really bad. But there were sporadic and increasing numbers of issues before that.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Here's a little evidence in sterns defense. I've personally had nothing but good luck with stern but I also route and play my games, not just look for flaws.
My Star Trek pro with nearly 15,000 plays.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-with-4938-plays-pics

Yes, everyone who noticed that their playfield inserts on GOT/SMVE/GB have ghosting don't play their machines and only look for flaws.

If only they were real pinball fans, like you!

#111 7 years ago

I've got a ghosting playfield.

I've reported the problem.

But since it looks like playfields are still shipping with problems, I'm in no hurry to get a repeat performance.

As soon as I see that they are making good playfields again, THEN I'll take my replacement.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As soon as I see that they are making good playfields again, THEN I'll take my replacement.

Don't hold your breath.

John

#113 7 years ago

Signed

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Don't hold your breath.
John

lol, I'm not in any hurry.

I can keep putting wear and tear on the ghosted one.

Once Stern figures out the problem (the clear?? the insert plastic formula?? the insert glue??) I'll be ready to do a single swap.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

lol, I'm not in any hurry.
I can keep putting wear and tear on the ghosted one.
Once Stern figures out the problem (the clear?? the insert plastic formula?? the insert glue??) I'll be ready to do a single swap.

And when that time comes they will sell you one for a discounted price of $700

#116 7 years ago

Everybody needs to take a breath. Take a step back and avoid going into full blown hysteria.

The communication is terrible but nobody has ever come up with a time that Stern didn't stand behind their products. Ever.

Things will get resolved, maybe not on the timeline some people want but Vid has the right idea, a little bit of patience.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everybody needs to take a breath. Take a step back and avoid going into full blown hysteria.
The communication is terrible but nobody has ever come up with a time that Stern didn't stand behind their products. Ever.
Things will get resolved, maybe not on the timeline some people want but Vid has the right idea, a little bit of patience.

I get your point. I did do that.. back in August when I got my machine.

I've been patient

I've played the machine enough and beat up the old playfield.

I want to sell the machine now. It has been almost 6 months of being patient.

No one responds at Stern to both myself or my distributor.. I have no idea if I am even getting a new playfield.

Its easy to say relax and wait when you're not the person who has skin in the game and who has been lied to.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I get your point. I did do that.. back in August when I got my machine.
I've been patient
I've played the machine enough and beat up the old playfield.
I want to sell the machine now. It has been almost 6 months of being patient.
No one responds at Stern to both myself or my distributor.. I have no idea if I am even getting a new playfield.
Its easy to say relax and wait when you're not the person who has skin in the game and who has been lied to.

I'm not referring to your situation. I'd be dealing with them privately now at this point though.

I don't see you getting anywhere other than the back of the line by the constant pounding

#119 7 years ago

Kpg, I don't get the whole distro thing and Trent.

He is supposed to facilitate you getting the problem resolved. He sounds about worthless.

I can't even imagine JJ throwing out that line of BS

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

First time for everything, and here we are. If they keep stringing people along for another year are you still going to say you're confident they will eventually make them whole?

#121 7 years ago

I've been trying to get Stern to replace my defective Metallica playfield for over a year and now I got a defective GB playfield as well. I have had no luck with my continued claims through my distributor. So I now refuse to buy a new Stern,or do business with that distributor until these issues are fixed. I hope your movement helps all of us.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not referring to your situation. I'd be dealing with them privately now at this point though.
I don't see you getting anywhere other than the back of the line by the constant pounding

Dude.. you are an attorney... since when do attorney's advise on being quiet, waiting, and hoping things pan out vs constant pounding?

Every attorney I have worked with in the past has always been successful by pounding the shit out of the other party.. and getting consistent results. Ice, I like you buddy.. but I don't think you would be the guy for someone like me to hire then! haha

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

OP, never, ever let someone know you're thinking of suing them. Jody already told Gary who CONtacted his Lawyer and is preparing a response.

Least that proves one thing Jody does read these forums to see what we are all saying and can get off his ass and act when he wants to, shame he cant do the same when everyone is asking where promised code is? or where playfields are? its amazing how a simple two minute update with a little information informing buyers what is what can calm a situation and ease concerned buyers and customers compared to radio silence or stay tuned.

If you read between the lines of any and all of the complaints aimed at Stern all anyone seems to want from them is a little open communication, when you have PR guy sitting on Facebook surely that's not asking too much at 6, 8, 10k a pop, its what social media PR is for to be "social" with your customers

#124 7 years ago

My goal is to get 100 signatures on this - almost there- that's when I can get to the next part of all of this.

If you haven't signed please do so.. thanks!!

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

And when that time comes they will sell you one for a discounted price of $700

That's silly.

I'm not losing a single second of sleep thinking about it.

In the meantime, the ghosting is not stopping me and my friends from playing and enjoying the game one bit.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Crazy they have the audacity to ignore one of their biggest distributors when he reaches out to them.

Benson, Shafer, Brady and for those overseas; Lowen and Bally Wulff. Those are big distributors.

Nothing against them, but they are nowhere near the size of the ones that cater to the route operators.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Benson, Shafer, Brady and for those overseas; Lowen and Bally Wolff. Those are big distributors.
Nothing against them, but they are nowhere near the size of the ones that cater to the route operators.

Maybe that's the problem, Trent is too small and they don't give him and his customers priority? Not sure, but it is disappointing to hear from Trent that they don't even respond to him either.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude.. you are an attorney... since when do attorney's advise on being quiet, waiting, and hoping things pan out vs constant pounding?
Every attorney I have worked with in the past has always been successful by pounding the shit out of the other party.. and getting consistent results. Ice, I like you buddy.. but I don't think you would be the guy for someone like me to hire then! haha</blockquote

It's all in the presentation my man!

Ground and pound when you need it. Diplomacy when it's not necessary.

I just don't see a win here for you by continuing the public pounding. All they have to prove is that they are in the process of remedying the defect.

Yes I know, it hasn't happened yet for you. We do know others have gotten their replacements for the LE.

That should be an indication that yours is coming.

No attorney i know would waste their time on this matter at this stage.

#129 7 years ago

What I do appreciate very much is the petition to Stern as a consolidated expression of our frustrations. That's a good thing

Legally, this is going nowhere. Mark my words.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Most likely not however if it even deters half of the buyers now from pre orders or buying a nib unproven machine from them now, they will feel that for sure in the pocket.

However the same way folks banded together and signed the petition they must do the same with their wallets and keep it closed. Strength in numbers or in this case not giving the numbers so easily.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I am sure you're right, but if it helps kpg get his playfield and serves to piss off the imbecile who came up with the idea to submit a video for a Batman66 SLE, I'm happy.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Most likely not however if it even deters half of the buyers now from pre orders or buying a nib unproven machine from them now, they will feel that for sure in the pocket.
However the same way folks banded together and signed the petition they must do the same with their wallets and keep it closed. Strength in numbers or in this case not giving the numbers so easily.

I signed the petition. My BM66LE is shipping Friday.

I understand and am willing to assume the risks

I want everybody to get taken care of properly.

#133 7 years ago

Im gonna send my le playfeild to stern and bite the bullet on shipping$ Inside will be a letter stating please replace my playfeild no hard feelings

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What I do appreciate very much is the petition to Stern as a consolidated expression of our frustrations. That's a good thing

I hope it does not need to go that far, but straight from the mouth of an attorney I've already contacted and discussed this matter- there is definitely a potential case here if Stern does not address this issue with a proper repair and replacement program and communicate this properly to customers who were sold defective merchandise.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I hope it does not need to go that far, but straight from the mouth of an attorney I've already contacted and discussed this matter- there is definitely a potential case here if Stern does not address this issue with a proper repair and replacement program and communicate this properly to customers who were sold defective merchandise.

100% agree there is a potential case IF they don't address it properly.

The fact is, even though I know very little about consumer protection I guarantee Stern has documented every step they have taken towards a remedy. They are well within reasonable time frames to determine the problem and provide a remedy under the law

The communication part is terrible. Not sure why they want to intentionally shoot themselves in the foot

#136 7 years ago
#137 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

100% agree there is a potential case IF they don't address it properly.
The fact is, even though I know very little about consumer protection I guarantee Stern has documented every step they have taken towards a remedy. They are well within reasonable time frames to determine the problem and provide a remedy under the law
The communication part is terrible. Not sure why they want to intentionally shoot themselves in the foot

Exactly.

They could resolve this as early as tomorrow and announce a dedicated website and submission form, along with updating the public on the status of the program.

Pretty much the same amount of work they did to gather applications for BM66 SLE.

It blows me away they just don't make it happen at this point.. it's a win/win for everyone involved.

#138 7 years ago

Thanks for posting this - it was recommended the first step was to get a public petition going and gather at least 100 signatures, then submit it to the attorney general to get that part going. So yes - that is the plan

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

There are only 1-2 people who claim to have received a new playfield, one of which claimed it was another defective playfield that has ghosted again already.

Hey, I know that guy. And I know for a fact that it is 100% true. He doesn't want to sign the petition because both Stern and his distributor know about it. And after waiting 6 months to get the first one replaced, he decided to speak with his wallet. His name is DaveH.

#140 7 years ago

why is this LOL? It wouldn't be so funny if you spent 7k+ and got a shit pf. How about a little respect for others that are getting taken by stern. seriously - wtf.

OP I will happily sign this and I hope something does happen. I also bought a ghostbusters and although my playfield is fine, I would be PISSED

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im gonna send my le playfeild to stern and bite the bullet on shipping$ Inside will be a letter stating please replace my playfeild no hard feelings

It would be interesting if someone more local to the factory took their playfield and walked in the front door with it. Be pretty hard for them to ignore that.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks for posting this - it was recommended the first step was to get a public petition going and gather at least 100 signatures, then submit it to the attorney general to get that part going. So yes - that is the plan

Good for you, man. I applaud this. I had a GBLE with very minor ghosting and sold it for a VERY reasonable price. I thought it was a just a lackluster game.

But from everything I've seen from you and others, it's a real problem. No way I'd consider a new Stern. You need at least 60 days for the play field problems to surface to know if you'd be in the clear. Look at BM66 play fields. Playfield quality is a joke.

I'd say "go get 'em," but it's really just a basic demand of them owning up to their basic responsibility.

#143 7 years ago

I hope Stern sticks around.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I do too, I'd just like to see these glitches worked out and find it a bit hard to understand why the issues aren't addressed with ease and more swiftly given their bankroll, history and experience in the industry. People are shelling out some significant coin for these games and should get better treatment.

I wonder how embarrassing it would be for Stern if a bunch of people local to the factory hung outside the place with picket signs regarding the playfield issues... And if it would help push them to do something. Especially if someone tipped off the local media and they ran a story... Just don't pull a BLM movement and hinder the flow of traffic.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Everyone does. I applaud you OP. You've been treated unfairly, you were promised a resolution by the CEO and Stern needs to make this right.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Do that and it's going into a black hole at Stern. When you call good luck getting anywhere. I would not try that but good luck. Companies usually only accept stuff with RMA numbers.

#147 7 years ago

What is the cause of the ghosting?

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

IMG_2443 (resized).JPGIMG_2443 (resized).JPG

#149 7 years ago

Ya know the really crazy thing about all this.................. All these problems were created over a 15 dollar cost difference in PF suppliers.

#150 7 years ago

Has Stern gone back to using Churchill to supply playfields?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
$ 25.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.50
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.