IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_2441 (resized).JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.
#1201 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Actually it started with Met Pro LED's a few years back when they first came out.

X1000

#1202 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Actually it started with Met Pro LED's a few years back when they first came out.

I'm not aware of any large scale issues with Metallica's and their clearcoat in the style that we are discussing here. There was a batch of Metallicas, and a smaller number of Star Treks that were experiencing delamination and the entire top coat chipping off in large chunks. I don't connect that to this same chain of events that have been happening as that was a small window that did not persist afterwards.. and were not failures of the same kind.

#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I remember that one. It seemed that MET pros made the last 2 weeks of March 2015 and / or the first 2 weeks of April 2015 were affected.

That issue, along with the decal pealing issue, occurred when Stern changed factories. Stern did do right on their part and sent customers affected by the MET pro playfield issues populated playfields.

#1204 7 years ago

It's the end of the world I tell ya. It's pinmaggedon

#1205 7 years ago

We have way too much time on our hands. Pinmaggedon love it.

#1206 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Ok so I checked it out and on the extra ball insert there is a line that catches your finger nail . Also the right scoop arrow insert is lifting
all the way around and left scoop arrow lifting same way .

Pretty sure it's not mylar unfortunately

#1207 7 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

We have way too much time on our hands. Pinmaggedon love it.

Thank you, Ill be here all week

#1208 7 years ago

. will repost

#1209 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, the whole thing burned me out.. been so busy lately, I am glad to get this crap off my chest. Box is in route to Stern, should have my new playfield soon.
Let's see what happens.. still not planning on buying a NIB Stern any time soon after all this.. hope to change my opinion when it's all said and done though.

you did get your replacement PF right ? all good?... sorry if I missed an update elsewhere.

#1210 7 years ago

Received our GBLE box Wednesday. Sent it out this morning and will be eagerly awaiting it's return. As frustrating as this has been, I feel relieved knowing the play field is being replaced. Special thanks to JJ at GEX for all of the support with this.

#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

you did get your replacement PF right ? all good?... sorry if I missed an update elsewhere.

The new playfield just arrived today... will install it and see if it arrived without issue!

#1212 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The new playfield just arrived today... will install it and see if it arrived without issue!

..... I'm waiting.....

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

..... I'm waiting.....

I think I read somewhere that he was hanging out with some at the Arcade Expo. Prolly did not get to it yet.

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I remember that one. It seemed that MET pros made the last 2 weeks of March 2015 and / or the first 2 weeks of April 2015 were affected.
That issue, along with the decal pealing issue, occurred when Stern changed factories. Stern did do right on their part and sent customers affected by the MET pro playfield issues populated playfields.

Unfortunately some of the best playfields ever mad - by Zaccaria still look new after 40 years. Downside is that the chemicals used were literally killer and banned.

I suspect the chemical formulation of clearcoat that Stern are using is for some reason more brittle. Can it be changed? No idea.

The irony is that I am now checking HUO Stern's for sale more throughly than 60 year old em's!!

#1215 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

..... I'm waiting.....

and waiting

#1216 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

KPG.... hello ? let us know man.

#1217 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

probably playing the heck out of it.

#1218 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

No News is probably good news in this case. I'm 6 weeks into my replacement, no ghosting so far.

#1219 7 years ago

Sent mine back...

IMG_20170318_162208 (resized).jpgIMG_20170318_162208 (resized).jpg

#1220 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sent mine back...

Good luck on your replacement Jar. I'm sure it will be fine!

#1221 7 years ago

New playfield is in and working !!

It wasn't packed very well, so the slimer motor was tweaked and actually punctured the box. Straightened it out and it plays fine. No ghosting, looks to be good for now. We'll see if there are any other issues down the road, but stoked Stern finally pulled through on this.

Loved playing Aerosmith at the expo... maybe this will give me the confidence to pick up a Pro sooner than later...

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It wasn't packed very well, so the slimer motor was tweaked and actually punctured the box. Straightened it out and it plays fine. No ghosting, looks to be good for now. We'll see if there are any other issues down the road, but stoked Stern finally pulled through on this.
Loved playing Aerosmith at the expo... maybe this will give me the confidence to pick up a Pro sooner than later...

I never had any doubt. My distributor really put my mind at ease when I questioned. He purposefully pushed his orders off until he was confident the problem was fixed. So, i'm glad they made it right for you. I'm expecting everyone to be made right.

#1223 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

... maybe this will give me the confidence to pick up a Pro sooner than later...

Congrats on getting a new PF, you and many more certain(t)ly deserve it.
But to recap...

9 months of chasing them around and ignoring your issue
Had to start a petition to receive a PF
Filed complaint with Illionis (sic) Attorney General
Received a poorly packed PF
Played Aerosmith at a show and you liked it
Probably do more business with Stern.

What a rollercoaster

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Played Aerosmith at a show and you liked it
Probably do more business with Stern.
What a rollercoaster

Totally right, what a rollercoaster.

But- in all fairness.. if I buy Aerosmith, it wont be NIB..

#1225 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

...it wont be NIB...

almost, thats seems to be the good point of all this long story
some have learned from experience (my case), some not...

anyway, enjoy pinball

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

glad to hear you finally got a replacement PF!
Can you post a picture of your stamped PF date? Does it have whatever the newest add-ons are like the ecto goggles shield and didn't they add something on the left scoop to keep the flasher from shorting against the metal?

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

glad to hear you finally got a replacement PF!
Can you post a picture of your stamped PF date? Does it have whatever the newest add-ons are like the ecto goggles shield and didn't they add something on the left scoop to keep the flasher from shorting against the metal?

also wasn't there a spelling mistake that was corrected in later production dates?? If nothing else, KPG's date better not be smudged!

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

also wasn't there a spelling mistake that was corrected in later production dates?? If nothing else, KPG's date better not be smudged!

I don't think the pf date was ever corrected on Fun manufactured pfs. Only the Churchill ones.

#1229 7 years ago

I have a smudged date and misspelling on my replacement playfield, does that mean its a Fun Playfield? Otherwise I'm over 6 weeks in on the replacement and it's been fine, minus the small chip out of the saucer on day 1 that I sealed right away and hasn't caused me any other issues. Finally got a set of cliffys now, gotta get those on soon!

#1230 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Glad you have it now! You going to keep it and enjoy it?

1 week later
#1231 7 years ago

I just bought a ST & GB premium from a distributor. They are supposed to be shipping tomorrow, is this something they have fixed past a certain date.

I played a pro across town and I don't remember seeing any ghosting on the inserts.

should I try to get something else?

#1232 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

They are supposed to be shipping tomorrow, is this something they have fixed past a certain date.

The verdict is still out. We don't know exactly when these problems began... nor do we have a confirmed example of "fixed" issues.
I think at this point you are "rolling" the dice.

#1233 7 years ago

I'm considering buying a Game of Thrones Pro, I haven't been able to find a used one within a couple of hours drive of me so I am considering a NIB. I wonder if I buy one NIB at this point if it would have a playfield out of the bad batch? I would hope not. I have seen some used GoT Pro's for sale with clear coat issues in the shooter lane and some inserts ghosting. I will say I saw and played Aerosmith at TPF and the playfield looked amazing.

#1234 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I wonder if I buy one NIB at this point if it would have a playfield out of the bad batch? I would hope not.

I think that is still an unknown but I am not positive. My GOT Pro never had any issues with Clear that I can tell...never checked it for ghosting really.

#1235 7 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I'm considering buying a Game of Thrones Pro, I haven't been able to find a used one within a couple of hours drive of me so I am considering a NIB. I wonder if I buy one NIB at this point if it would have a playfield out of the bad batch? I would hope not. I have seen some used GoT Pro's for sale with clear coat issues in the shooter lane and some inserts ghosting. I will say I saw and played Aerosmith at TPF and the playfield looked amazing.

I'm sure it will be fine and if it isnt Stern will fix it. I havent heard of all that many GOT machines that have gosting issues......some but not many. My GOT playfield was made in June 2016 right in the middle of the GB debacle and it has over 1,000 plays and looks beautiful.

The ghosting and clearcoat issues really sucked and I feel for anyone that's had to deal with it, but I truly believe that its behind us now. I also believe that to a point, that this has been blown way out of proportion when you consider number if games sold vs number of games affected.

That doesn't mean the problem doesn't suck or that there wasn't a problem, but I believe anyone that wants to buy a new Stern machine right now today is going to get a good playfield and you shouldn't be worried about it. Just buy your GOT and play the hell out of it and enjoy it. The sky isn't falling anymore!

#1236 7 years ago

Just an FYI:

I received a letter from the Illinois Attorney General today. Attached, there was an email response from Michael O'Donnell (Executive VP/CFO of Stern) with a very detailed response to the attorney general.

The email response from Michael @ Stern was sent to the Attorney General on Feb. 16th. I received the call my playfield was ready and an empty return box would be shipping to me on Feb. 16th. Not a coincidence I am sure.

If anyone is still having a problem with their machine and getting a replacement, feel free to contact the Illinois Attorney General which is Lisa Madigan.

Here is the contact info if wanting to open a case:

Beatriz Reyna-Villazana
Citizen's Advocate
Consumer Protection Division
[email protected]
(312) 814-6076

Stern has made it right and my case is closed- but just know, contacting the AG of Illinois did work in my situation.

#1237 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just an FYI:
I received a letter from the Illinois Attorney General today. Attached, there was an email response from Michael O'Donnell (Executive VP/CFO of Stern) with a very detailed response to the attorney general.
The email response from Michael @ Stern was sent to the Attorney General on Feb. 16th. I received the call my playfield was ready and an empty return box would be shipping to me on Feb. 16th. Not a coincidence I am sure.
If anyone is still having a problem with their machine and getting a replacement, feel free to contact the Illinois Attorney General which is Lisa Madigan.
Beatriz Reyna-Villazana
Citizen's Advocate
[email protected]
(312) 814-6076
Stern has made it right and my case is closed- but just know, contacting the AG of Illinois did work in my situation.

Good to know, I'm pretty much at this step now.

#1238 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Good to know, I'm pretty much at this step now.

What's stopping you? Do you have a ghosted playfield or clear cracking or are you just complaining for no reason again as usual?

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just an FYI:
Beatriz Reyna-Villazana
Citizen's Advocate
[email protected]
(312) 814-6076

What was the gist of Michael O'Donnell's response?

#1240 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What's stopping you? Do you have a ghosted playfield or clear cracking or are you just complaining for no reason again as usual?

Met. with a crap playfield, and he hasn't heard squat from Stern.

#1241 7 years ago

I have a MET pro from April 2015 when they moved locations that has been chipping away since 2015. I have sent pictures to my distributor and filled a claim in 2015 as it got worse I have sent more pictures and filled two claims in 2016. Stern refused to make it right. All I have gotten in two years are new head decals that are rolling off. I thought with the GB issues affecting more people they would finally make it right, but no. I am so glad that there is a contact info for the attorney general and will be contacting them today. Maybe then they will fix this. I have personally stopped buying from Stern and that distributor since neither seem to care. I really hope they fix this finally. I have been nice and have been patient for 2 years now. I liked Aerosmith at expo but can not buy a third Stern that will fall apart. I guess my money is not needed, so Spooky and Heighway will get my money.

#1242 7 years ago

I've held off on chiming in...until now.

My GBLE has 27 plays on it. I first complained in November. Although my PF damage isn't as bad as those with thousands of plays, the ghosting is there. In my opinion, it's only going to get worse with more game plays. I've called and talked to Chaz several times. I've always tried to remain calm and professional. The last time I talked to him, I started getting upset. I could actually hear him chuckling a bit while I was voicing my unhappiness.

I guess I'll be filing a complaint w/ the attorney General today...maybe, that will help.

DSC_3259 (resized).JPGDSC_3259 (resized).JPG

DSC_3257 (resized).JPGDSC_3257 (resized).JPG

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My GBLE has 27 plays on it. I first complained in November. Although my PF damage isn't as bad as those with thousands of plays, the ghosting is there. In my opinion, it's only going to get worse with more game plays. I've called and talked to Chaz several times. I've always tried to remain calm and professional. The last time I talked to him, I started getting upset. I could actually hear him chuckling a bit while I was voicing my unhappiness.
I guess I'll be filing a complaint w/ the attorney General today...maybe, that will help.

Why have you only played 27 games in 4-5 months? You seriously need to play that machine and if it gets worse you can make a case for a playfield replacement because right now if you send them those pics, I can tell you what their answer is going to be. I'm not trying to be a smart azz so don't get mad at me, I'm trying to help you.......Play the hell out of that game and see if it gets worse before it's too late!

#1244 7 years ago

I'm my opinion him not playing it further demonstrates the problem and substantiates the need for a replacement. These playfields just do this stuff without even bearing normal gameplay wear while thousands of older machines with 25 years of play don't demonstrate this type of quality control issue.

#1245 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've called and talked to Chaz several times. I've always tried to remain calm and professional. The last time I talked to him, I started getting upset. I could actually hear him chuckling a bit while I was voicing my unhappiness.

Chaz sounds like a bit of a horse's ass.

#1246 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm my opinion him not playing it further demonstrates the problem and substantiates the need for a replacement. These playfields just do this stuff without even bearing normal gameplay wear while thousands of older machines with 25 years of play doesn't demonstrate the type of quality control issue.

I hear what you are saying and I don't necessarily disagree, but they aren't going to replace a playfield that has only one insert with just a hint of ghosting. That's why he needs to play it and see if it gets worse.

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Chaz sounds like a bit of a horse's ass.

Not sure if I'd say that or not Mike. This is the very first bad thing that I've ever heard anyone say about Chaz and quite frankly I'd be surprised if he laughed at a customer with a bad playfield unless the guy on the other end of the line was just going off and sounding like a lunatic or something. I've talked to Chaz a couple times and he's a hell of a nice guy and extremely helpful. There's two sides to every story, just remember that.

#1248 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

why not play it?

#1249 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure if I'd say that or not Mike. This is the very first bad thing that I've ever heard anyone say about Chaz and quite frankly I'd be surprised if he laughed at a customer with a bad playfield unless the guy on the other end of the line was just going off and sounding like a lunatic or something. I've talked to Chaz a couple times and he's a hell of a nice guy and extremely helpful. There's two sides to every story, just remember that.

I dont believe it was a chuckle at his misfortune. Rather, it was a nervous chuckle...like he didn't know what else to say, or know how to justify his answers. I'm sure he gets beat down daily. Gotta say, I don't envy the guy at all

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I dont believe it was a chuckle at his misfortune. Rather, it was a nervous chuckle...like he didn't know what else to say, or know how to justify his answers. I'm sure he gets beat down daily. Gotta say, I don't envy the guy at all

Kinda sounded to me like he was going off a little and he said Chaz laughed at him. Neither one of us heard the conversation so no way to know really.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/25?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.