Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Schabs81
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 115 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_3257 (resized).JPG
DSC_3259 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170318_162208 (resized).jpg
IMG_1552 (resized).JPG
IMG_1550 (resized).JPG
IMG_1555 (resized).JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_2441 (resized).JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1251 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 26.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

i wish my wife showed some interest in my pins...

I wish I had no wife. Oh, wait a minute.... I don't!

#1153 2 years ago

Update:

Box received and playfield is boxed up ready to ship back.

They ended up shipping it overnight any way. So it looks like Stern has finally came through with their promise.

I am hoping more people are starting to get some information regarding their PF replacements now..

#1154 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Update:
They ended up shipping it overnight any way. So it looks like Stern has finally came through with their promise.
I am hoping more people are starting to get some information regarding their PF replacements now..

Cool. Now next time we know Stern will definitely play ball and support their customers. We can have faith in them now that they are making it right.

#1155 2 years ago

How come Sterns rating on Facebook isn't worse? By the look of this thread I'm surprised it ain't lower than 4.6. Do they report negative reviews as trolling when they pop up or what?

I'm one of those who've been interested in buying a new pin but won't due to their quality problems and lack will to fix it. Nowadays it's like they're only still around because of selling games with attractive licenses, and i'm surprised if Gary's proud of that.

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Update:

Glad they are getting to you.

#1157 2 years ago

I shipped off my gb playfeild too this wknd

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Update:

Any update?

Also, will you be 'satisfied' if you receive one of the Fun pfs with misspelled insert, which obviously has a high likelihood of clear coat issues and insert ghosting, and which to our knowledge all pf replacements so far have been?

Furthermore, they still aren't replacing any of the non Ghostbusters pfs, or not clear / insert issue ones (faulty print registration and colour issues for example) ... did they mention anything about other titles or other pfs with major issues being replaced? Did you raise the issue of Fun vs. Churchill?

#1159 2 years ago

KPG sure has been awfully quiet lately. I hope Gary didn't go over to his house and kick his Azz or something.

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

KPG sure has been awfully quiet lately. I hope Gary didn't go over to his house and kick his Azz or something.

he was burnt out from all the emotion i'm sure. It's likely he is enjoying his replacement. You can bet that he would be on here again if anything was wrong.

#1161 2 years ago

Just pinged my distributor to see what the status of my playfield replacement is at right now. Haven't heard anything since being accepted for replacement back in September...

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Just pinged my distributor to see what the status of my playfield replacement is at right now. Haven't heard anything since being accepted for replacement back in September...

Sounds like they are trying to forget about you, and I'm sure they will if you let them.

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Furthermore, they still aren't replacing any of the non Ghostbusters pfs, or not clear / insert issue ones (faulty print registration and colour issues for example) ... did they mention anything about other titles or other pfs with major issues being replaced?

Are there past instances where playfields were replaced for things like bad registration? I've wondered about that specifically because I'd like to pick up a LOTR some day but as a former color press operator, the registration on most of the examples I've seen just drives me insane. It's like whoever did the artwork didn't understand CMYK process or bleeds/traps at ALL.

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

he was burnt out from all the emotion i'm sure. It's likely he is enjoying his replacement. You can bet that he would be on here again if anything was wrong.

Yeah, the whole thing burned me out.. been so busy lately, I am glad to get this crap off my chest. Box is in route to Stern, should have my new playfield soon.

Let's see what happens.. still not planning on buying a NIB Stern any time soon after all this.. hope to change my opinion when it's all said and done though.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, the whole thing burned me out.. been so busy lately, I am glad to get this crap off my chest. Box is in route to Stern, should have my new playfield soon.
Let's see what happens.. still not planning on buying a NIB Stern any time soon after all this.. hope to change my opinion when it's all said and done though.

Welcome back KPG! I hope your new playfield turns out awesome. I don't blame you for being bitter, hopefully Stern can regain your confidence and keep you as a customer. Aerosmith is looking pretty good so far!

#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I don't want to fire you up as you have had plenty of aggravation of late....Would it have killed Stern to send the replacement play field first and then you can ship your defective one back? I understand the logic and how some would take advantage of this type of policy but given the circumstances, it would have been appropriate for Stern to ship the replacement first.....

#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I don't want to fire you up as you have had plenty of aggravation of late....Would it have killed Stern to send the replacement play field first and then you can ship your defective one back? I understand the logic and how some would take advantage of this type of policy but given the circumstances, it would have been appropriate for Stern to ship the replacement first.....

Agreed. Just getting Stern to send me an empty box after 7 months was next to impossible, so i'll take what I can get at this point.. but you are right, it would have been nice for them to make an exception in my particular case.

#1168 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Agreed. Just getting Stern to send me an empty box after 7 months was next to impossible, so i'll take what I can get at this point.. but you are right, it would have been nice for them to make an exception in my particular case.

Maybe they REALLY wanted to make sure the playfield they give you as a replacement was actually going to be good. I can imagine the shit tornado that would have spawned if I had gotten my replacement and it did the same thing the first playfield did.

5 weeks in on mine and looking good so far!

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Maybe they REALLY wanted to make sure the playfield they give you as a replacement was actually going to be good. I can imagine the shit tornado that would have spawned if I had gotten my replacement and it did the same thing the first playfield did.
5 weeks in on mine and looking good so far!

Do you really think they care? If they did they would have done something long ago. They just want to shut you up.

#1170 2 years ago

Exactly, which further proves that kpg got the exact same treatment as every other stern customer with a bad playfield..no exceptions in his case.. just an empty box to send the damaged pf back.he did get to butt-touch Gary for a while on the phone and immediately after on here tho! Thanking him for all he does for the pin community! haha

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

kpg got the exact same treatment as every other stern customer with a bad playfield..no exceptions in his case.. just an empty box to send the damaged pf back

I got my playfield delivered and installed by a tech, no downtime other than the 20 minutes to do the swap. I'm curious if anybody else got that treatment, other than the few other customers my dealer has that also got replacements.

#1172 2 years ago

Ok I have been trying to read this post and find out more about the ghosting. I'm still unsure if my GB pro has it . I was getting ready to sale this game and the buyer says it has ghosting . Maybe if I post pictures here someone will be able to help me out

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Ok I have been trying to read this post and find out more about the ghosting. I'm still unsure if my GB pro has it . I was getting ready to sale this game and the buyer says it has ghosting . Maybe if I post pictures here someone will be able to help me out

Yes post some pics and we can tell you

#1174 2 years ago

That was me. I was not sure since this was the only picture I had.

Quoted from trimoto:

IMG_2441 (resized).JPG

#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

IMG_1538.JPG

IMG_1540.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

#1176 2 years ago

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see any ghosting on your pf. Maybe like a minuscule bit?

#1177 2 years ago

If it does not have it, I am still very interested in buying it.

The whole playfield issue thing has me gun shy.

#1178 2 years ago

getting some close pictures

IMG_1542.JPG

#1179 2 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

It certainly looks like there is here. Indeed, it looks like the inserts are warped slightly and lifting right out ...

#1180 2 years ago

IMG_1541.JPG

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

trimoto - take some more close up photos of this area ..

#1182 2 years ago

DougPiranha  I would like to sell it to you but if it is a defective PF I need to call stern . They were real helpful in the past . I had my Met. PF chipping and they replaced it .

Kurt you are a very nice guy glad we could talk and thanks for pointing this out

#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

DougPiranha  I would like to sell it to you but if it is a defective PF I need to call stern . They were real helpful in the past . I had my Met. PF chipping and they replaced it .
Kurt you are a very nice guy glad we could talk and thanks for pointing this out

Trimoto if you need to ask if you have ghosting then there is not enough to worry over relax

#1184 2 years ago

I feel the same way its not like game play is affected . Just looking at it for resale value . I will probably order the ball hop fix and give this table another play . if the ball would stay on the table I would find it more enjoyable

IMG_1547.JPG

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

I feel the same way its not like game play is affected . Just looking at it for resale value . I will probably order the ball hop fix and give this table another play . if the ball would stay on the table I would find it more enjoyable

I think your Extra Ball and the inserts to the left of it (storage facility, add a ball, multipliers) are all ghosted and lifting ... they look like they've risen some way out of the playfield.

I think you'll find if you run your finger over them, you'll feel a pronounced edge.

This definitely needs replacement IMO. They're raised enough that the ball will begin causing serious damage eventually.

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Couldn't agree more!! After 7 months of waiting all you received so far was an empty box so Stern could get their precious defective slab of wood back? Unbelievable! I'm part owner of a small business for 20+ years and this is completely opposite of how we handle this type of situation. Send it to your dist. do the swap and send it back. Issues like this have forced me to try and bulletproof my BM66 since I got it and it's getting a little tiresome. On a lighter note I hope everyone involved gets their playfields replaced and has no further issues.

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think your Extra Ball and the inserts to the left of it (storage facility, add a ball, multipliers) are all ghosted and lifting ... they look like they've risen some way out of the playfield.
I think you'll find if you run your finger over them, you'll feel a pronounced edge.
This definitely needs replacement IMO. They're raised enough that the ball will begin causing serious damage eventually.

You're nuts dude!

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

You definitely need to order oldpinguy's air ball deflector and lane guide protectors. It will cost you about 45 dollars for the two I believe.....money well spent.

#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're nuts dude!

This coming from the guy who tries to convince others that Stern no longer have pf problems, on faith and belief alone?

Explain what we're seeing here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/24#post-3647018

And why we see exactly the same in a follow up shot:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/24#post-3647050

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think the line you're seeing on the extra ball insert in post 1184 is a reflection. Looks similar to the super jackpot in post 1178. If trimoto runs their finger over it and can feel the sharp edge then it has lifted but the clear should have a lot of obvious ghosting if that has happened and the pictures don't show that.

I'm not sure there is a problem from the photos so far.

#1191 2 years ago

Ok so I checked it out and on the extra ball insert there is a line that catches your finger nail . Also the right scoop arrow insert is lifting
all the way around and left scoop arrow lifting same way .

IMG_1555 (resized).JPG

#1192 2 years ago

IMG_1550 (resized).JPG

#1193 2 years ago

I just thought of something that could be factory mylar on the first two pictures

IMG_1552 (resized).JPG

#1194 2 years ago

My replacement is chipping. BM66 is chipping. Good luck with your replacement, they all will fail overtime.

#1195 2 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

My replacement is chipping. BM66 is chipping. Good luck with your replacement, they all will fail overtime.

This is true , this will have impact on my next purchase .

#1196 2 years ago

They don't make them like they used to . DP playfields are still holding up fine at 20 + years

#1197 2 years ago

I never noticed this issue with my Simpsons Pinball Party, (long sold now) but this seems to be a bigger issue with Ghostbusters and Batman 66. Did this issue start with a specific Stern table?

#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

I never noticed this issue with my Simpsons Pinball Party, (long sold now) but this seems to be a bigger issue with Ghostbusters and Batman 66. Did this issue start with a specific Stern table?

Seems to be an issue with 2016 stern PF's on multiple games. Not sure about 2017 PFs but a couple things do seem to have come up in various threads, it does seem to have improved though. Only time will tell really to see if they have this fixed.

#1199 2 years ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

The problems started with Game of Thrones and Spiderman VE... then peaked with Ghostbusters. With GOT it was small scale.. SMVE was a bit more common.. and GB seemed to be the majority.

Batman appears to be a mixed bag..

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The problems started with Game of Thrones and Spiderman VE... then peaked with Ghostbusters. With GOT it was small scale.. SMVE was a bit more common.. and GB seemed to be the majority.
Batman appears to be a mixed bag..

Actually it started with Met Pro LED's a few years back when they first came out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Olive Branch, MS
There are 1251 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside