IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_2441 (resized).JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 26.
#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Wanted to give an update on my personal situation with Stern.
<snip>

I'm glad to hear that you got some sort of resolution, however I've seen this time and time again (and I'm not just talking about a company like stern).

the proof will be in the pudding as they say. I have experienced this way too many times before where you scream until you're blue in the face but finally feel vindicated with a phone call with the proper parties involved and you finally get what you were after in the first place

the $1M question is can and will they actually follow through and change their processes so that this:
a) never happens again (to this degree)
b) they put a process in place to actually take care of issues in a timely manner with a resolution that is acceptable
c) they go back and change their in-house processes and start performing a higher level of QA/QC and learn to defect out parts/assemblies which are not suitable for use

#1102 7 years ago

KPG I appreciate your efforts in representing your fellow collectors. I look forward to an update when you receive your tracking info and receive your playfield. I love my GB Pro that I picked up last month. I had an issue with a faulty node board that blew when I installed a Stern brand shaker but Stern sent off a replacement cabinet node board and new shaker within a matter of days. I was pretty impressed with Stern and my distro GameRoomGuys. I'm hoping Stern keeps their word and steps up their game when it comes to communication and quality control. I still have faith in the company.

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

As of right now I am very happy after talking to John today, and from what he told me - everyone else should be getting the same result as me very soon as well.

Quoted from kpg:

What's so hard to understand? Need a picture to help comprehend such a complicated statement?

I'm just glad we agree he's a chucklehead
Stern still get's his money and probably told him to mind his p's & q's on here..I guess we will see once he starts slandering them again..or not!?!

#1104 7 years ago

Glad KPG will finally get his Playfield.. but pretty typical 'grease the squeeky wheel' responses from Stern. Just get the noisey guy over to the side and continue as normal. All the 'trying' responses are just placating. Where is the action? You want us to believe someone is just being made aware of this now? Where is the output of your 'trying' for the last year+?

Stern 'tried' when they hired Jared... then quickly cut his balls off and buried that whole effort. Community engagement is not that hard when you are coming from as far back as Stern is. Hell...screw community, start with simple CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Sounds like more of the same.. it's exactly the same conversation they had when Gary called you, the only difference is this time they have playfields in production they can swap you now.

Nothing is changing... they will continue down their road of burying things and handling them at a pace that impacts them the least, even at the expense of their customers.

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

People keep saying the same thing about Harley-Davidson, yet here we are at $40,000 and rich old men keep on buying them.

A fool and his money are soon parted

#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

That is true. And there are a whole lot more "rich old men" today, than ever. But a Harley is more of an image thing, and less of a hobby. IMO

No a over priced sport car is a image thing riding a bike is a lifestyle to many

#1107 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No a over priced sport car is a image thing riding a bike is a lifestyle to many

Yea, but most living the "lifestyle" as you put it, aren't riding $40,000 bikes.

#1108 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

What's so hard to understand here? I swear, the mindset around here blows me away. Always looking to twist shit in a negative way.

This.....like you aren't president of the local chapter of "Negative Shit Twisters".......I do have to say I laughed harder at this than I have in a long time. Glad you got your playfield, just like everyone said would eventually happen. Glad you feel vindicated. Looking for the day when this discussion can be closed............

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yea, but most living the "lifestyle" as you put it, aren't riding $40,000 bikes.

Most people can't tell the difference between the $25,000 or the $40,000 bike that drives by but they do know when a high price car drive by

#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Looking for the day when this discussion can be closed............

We can dream that one day Stern will get their act together.

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Just for entertainment purposes, define "over priced".

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Just for entertainment purposes, define "over priced".

Now that's all relative

#1113 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I'm not living any lifestyle at all lol. Hell I'm not even brand loyal when it comes to motrcycles, I've owned every brand that's made almost. I actually used to hate Harleys until they came out with the Rushmore bikes.The Rushmore bikes are nice as hell and I wanted a nice bike that I can take on trips and stuff.

If some idiot wouldn't have wiped me out with his car and almost killed me, I'd still be riding my Royal Star Venture. Some people just like nice things,, it doesn't always have to be about trying to be cool.

#1114 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

As of right now I am very happy after talking to John today, and from what he told me - everyone else should be getting the same result as me very soon as well. Hopefully this was a great lesson for Stern in regards to manufacturing, quality control, and especially customer service.

KPG...I don't give a shit what anybody says....ya did good!!

#1115 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thank you man!

I know there are a lot of negative/shit talking responses here. You guys are entitled to those opinions, and that is fine. I guess you won't know what its like to be on my side of the fence unless it happens to you - but I hear your complaints from your side and appreciate you guys keeping this thread bumped up. Without you, it wouldn't have gotten as much awareness.. so I thank you for that

In all honesty, I am happy that it is moving forward in a positive way. I am not happy it took close to 7 months after my purchase to get to this point, and a lot of noise here on the forums. It was never about the financial hit I would be taking if selling the machine with a bad playfield, but it's the point of the situation and how it was handled. I had bought great and perfectly fine Stern NIB machines for less money, and GB was my dream theme I waited 1+ years to finally get after the leaks of the game- then it turns out to a complete pile of junk compared to my other Stern machines.

I love what Stern does and what they do for the pinball community, and keeping the old school pinball designers and coders employed. For that I am appreciative of their company. I hope this experience will only better their company and improve their products for all of us. I simply cannot see my efforts here going unnoticed and not having some type of positive residual effect on Stern as a company. If they see noisy customers who put their foot down can single handedly raise awareness and inform customers of potential issues with their products, they will re-think a lot of what goes on in their business not only from a quality assurance standpoint, but also from a customer service and communication standpoint.

I know John is going to take care of this and this case will be closed for me at least, but I hope this particular situation has brought to light problems at Stern and has made something that would normally be swept under the rug into something of a bigger topic during their executive meetings.

#1116 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not living any lifestyle at all lol. Hell I'm not even brand loyal when it comes to motrcycles, I've owned every brand that's made almost. I actually used to hate Harleys until they came out with the Rushmore bikes.The Rushmore bikes are nice as hell and I wanted a nice bike that I can take on trips and stuff.
If some idiot wouldn't have wiped me out with his car and almost killed me, I'd still be riding my Royal Star Venture. Some people just like nice things,, it doesn't always have to be about trying to be cool.

Sorry, you took that completely the wrong way. I was referring to the folks that live a "bikers" lifestyle (nomadic)...most of them don't ride 40K Harleys. I am sure some do, and that is why I said "most"...there are always exceptions. I spent some time working motorcycle gang investigations in a former life, and most of the true hardcore "bikers" build their own bikes, and are proud of the miles, wear and dings.

I rode a Venture and then a Nomad for years until I decided to buy a recliner on wheels (Gold Wing). I love the Harley look, feel and sound, but I never could pull the trigger on one. I don't even mind the cost of the bike....it is the cost of the accessories and service that I object to. I have seen my buddies shell out thousands in service....not repairs mind you.....just service. I know that is a stupid thing to say when we are shelling out 10K for a pinball machine, but it is just one of those things that sticks in my craw.

#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Sorry, you took that completely the wrong way. I was referring to the folks that live a "bikers" lifestyle (nomadic)...most of them don't ride 40K Harleys. I am sure some do, and that is why I said "most"...there are always exceptions. I spent some time working motorcycle gang investigations in a former life, and most of the true hardcore "bikers" build their own bikes, and are proud of the miles, wear and dings.
I rode a Venture and then a Nomad for years until I decided to buy a recliner on wheels (Gold Wing). I love the Harley look, feel and sound, but I never could pull the trigger on one. I don't even mind the cost of the bike....it is the cost of the accessories and service that I object to. I have seen my buddies shell out thousands in service....not repairs mind you.....just service. I know that is a stupid thing to say when we are shelling out 10K for a pinball machine, but it is just one of those things that sticks in my craw.

Its cool, I wasn't mad at all...Just wanted to point that out. I loved the Venture but I didn't want to go buy a new Venture that was still carburated and not fuel injection. I probably should have just taken my insurance money and found another used Venture with low miles because those bikes are super comfortable.

I looked at Wings and I have friends that have them and they are top notch for sure. Only reason I didn't go with a Goldwing is because I like the forward controls on the Ultra better. As far as my service goes its actually cheaper than my Venture was because the Venture always had to have the carbs synched every 4 thousand miles. I have honestly found the HD dealerships around me to be very fair on their service work.

One thing I will give HD credit for is they have tons of dealerships in case you need one and any kind of parts or accessories that you may want, they are readily available. My experience with HD so far has been better than I expected it would be. As long as I'm on two wheels I'm happy.!

#1118 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

KPG...I don't give a shit what iceman says....you're not a D*ckhead!!

P.S. Well......on second thought, maybe you are a little!

#1119 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I love what Stern does and what they do for the pinball community,

#1120 7 years ago

I gotta admit that does sound a little funny coming from KPG after all the bitching he's done....BUT

I honestly believe that he does love Stern and what they do for the pinball community and I believe he's passionate about the hobby. I think he loves Stern and wants them to succeed and to be a good company. I complain about their communication as well But that doesn't mean I don't like them as a company. Customers just want them to love them back and communicate with them!

#1121 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I complain about their communication as well But that doesn't mean I don't like them as a company.

And then do you call the states attorney on them?

#1122 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If I thought they were going to hang me out to dry on an 8k machine I guess I would. All they had to do was communicate with him and I never would have happened. They were the ones not being reasonable, not him.

#1123 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It takes guts to be the scapegoat for the pinball community and stand up for those that only complain on forums and don't actually try to get a true resolution.

#1124 7 years ago

Man...I saw so many emotions (dissapointment, anger, regret, confidence, desperation, agression, and now contentment) from the OP over the past 6 months or so. My head is spinning just to keep up. Hopefully this is the end of this emotional roller coaster for everyone.

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Man...I saw so many emotions (dissapointment, anger, regret, confidence, desperation, agression, and now contentment) from the OP over the past 6 months or so. My head is spinning just to keep up. Hopefully this is the end of this emotional roller coaster for everyone.

Its not the end because iceman is gonna chime in soon and say something to get him all mad and upset again!! lol

#1126 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

KPG...I don't give a shit what iceman says....you're not a D*ckhead!!
P.S. Well......on second thought, maybe you are a little!

You trying to get me in trouble Who Dey!

I don't think Kpg is a dickhead at all. He's my kind of guy. A no BS non ass kisser. And I'm sure we'd have fun hanging out drinking and playing some pins

He just went about his deal differently than I would this time. But sometimes throwing a tantrum like a whiny 3 yr old gets the job done eventually.

He got what he was going to get anyhow. Kpg then got his ass kissed by Gary and now Patrick and the other guy. He likes that!

#1128 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Hopefully this is the end of this emotional roller coaster for everyone.

Until the next release...

Keep buyin' em boys!

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You trying to get me in trouble Who Dey!
I don't think Kpg is a dickhead at all. He's my kind of guy. A no BS non ass kisser. And I'm sure we'd have fun hanging out drinking and playing some pins
He just went about his deal differently than I would this time. But sometimes throwing a tantrum like a whiny 3 yr old gets the job done eventually.
He got what he was going to get anyhow. Kpg then got his ass kissed by Gary and now Patrick and the other guy. He likes that!

Yep I agree and I am the same way, i tell it like it is. I wonder if KPG would whine and cry if we went over to his house and kicked his ass in pinball real good on his own machines?

#1130 7 years ago

For those of us thinking of buying games made in 2015/2016 and have 1 or 2 ghosted inserts, does this effect the value of the game? Will those inserts deteriorate over the next few years?

#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For those of us thinking of buying games made in 2015/2016 and have 1 or 2 ghosted inserts, does this effect the value of the game? Will those inserts deteriorate over the next few years?

Yes any ghosting will negatively affect the value in my opinion. Can't say for sure if they will get worse as it's probably dependent on the specific game, but there is always that possibility.

#1132 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

yes is the simple answer, defects always change value.

#1133 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

How about the time in the hobby when pins were a fraction of what they cost now and they actually made people money?
My point is it can still work that way- you buy a pin right now at a great price, play it a lot and maintain it well, and you can sell it close to what you bought it for, and in some cases- more. What's so hard to understand here? I swear, the mindset around here blows me away. Always looking to twist shit in a negative way. What's hard to decipher and comprehend that the price increases mean that NIB buyers will take larger depreciation hits then in the past? What's so hard to understand? Need a picture to help comprehend such a complicated statement?

Gary took that away. He saw that one could buy a pin and resell it and make a buck or play it and get their money back if it was a popular pin and he wanted it all. He didn't want to leave a penny on the table so he sells cheaped out pins that fall apart for all the money he can possible get

#1134 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Gary took that away.

Credit where credit is due, Gary wasn;t the firt one to Jersey Jack up the price of games...he just followed suit.

#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Credit where credit is due, Gary wasn;t the firt one to Jersey Jack up the price of games...he just followed suit.

Lol. That is true but jacks pins were way better quality except for the ones like mine that the PF did a Ghostbusters. Now Jack is so far out of line it isn't funny.

#1136 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Lol. That is true but jacks pins were way better quality except for the ones like mine that the PF did a Ghostbusters. Now Jack is so far out of line it isn't funny.

Yeah those first WOZs were bad but seems like they fixed them up. Gary took it to a whole new level with BM66 that's for damn sure.

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I don't even mind the cost of the bike....it is the cost of the accessories and service that I object to. I have seen my buddies shell out thousands in service....not repairs mind you.....just service. I know that is a stupid thing to say when we are shelling out 10K for a pinball machine, but it is just one of those things that sticks in my craw.

totally agree. but its not just limited to HD... All dealers rip you a new one, if you take your new car back for service.... the money is in services, not new car sales.

#1138 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep I agree and I am the same way, i tell it like it is. I wonder if KPG would whine and cry if we went over to his house and kicked his ass in pinball real good on his own machines?

Haha.. nah... you might kick my ass on my pins (I'm not a very good player to be honest) but no way you would beat my wife. She's the best pinball player in the house and holds the grand champ scores on 4 of 6 machines, sadly lol.

But really, I really do like what Stern does and since there's not much competition - and I do love their products - I just wanted to make it known that while I enjoy their products, I can't keep giving them money if they don't put out good products just because they are Stern.

I told John on the phone that I want to continue to be a Stern customer in the future, I just want the confidence I am buying a quality made product that has been tested, and built as well as the price tag that comes along with it. Also, I want to make sure that if there is a problem - which there probably will be something minor as expected since it is a pinball machine being shipped across the country in a bumpy truck - that they have my back and will take care of anything that happens with it. That's it, plain and simple. I really don't want anything else out of this, but for them to use this situation to improve their products and communication with the customers that help keep the doors open there.

I felt as if John understood this and of all people, including Gary, I felt he was the most sincere and helpful during this entire process and a really good person who wasn't just telling me what I wanted to hear. He's definitely a guy I'd want working for me if running a business like Stern Pinball.

#1139 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

totally agree. but its not just limited to HD... All dealers rip you a new one, if you take your new car back for service.... the money is in services, not new car sales.

Harley Davidson or at least the store I bought mine from rips you off when it comes to warranty and service. I bought a $26000 CVO Breakout from Dallas HD which came put to 32K after financing all of 5K at their 14%. They gave me a 2 year warranty. No service policy no jacket no t-shirt nothing. They wouldn't even help me load it on the trailer. There was a recal on the clutch assembly and they told me I had to bring it there that I couldn't have the work done here in Houston which I think is bullshit but I never had the work done anyway. If I didn't think that was the best looking bike I had ever seen and had not been given most of the money as a gift I would have told them to stick that bike up their ass.

#1140 7 years ago

KPG... for you, I hope they continue this positive outcome... and don't leave you without a PF for months on end.
I want to be positive for you... but the evidence that they will take care of you is lacking IMHO.
That said; I look forward to the day you can consider this matter closed.

#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Unfortunately this isn't the end. It is merely making good on one promise of many.

#1142 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Haha.. nah... you might kick my ass on my pins (I'm not a very good player to be honest) but no way you would beat my wife. She's the best pinball player in the house and holds the grand champ scores on 4 of 6 machines, sadly lol.
But really, I really do like what Stern does and since there's not much competition - and I do love their products - I just wanted to make it known that while I enjoy their products, I can't keep giving them money if they don't put out good products just because they are Stern.
I told John on the phone that I want to continue to be a Stern customer in the future, I just want the confidence I am buying a quality made product that has been tested, and built as well as the price tag that comes along with it. Also, I want to make sure that if there is a problem - which there probably will be something minor as expected since it is a pinball machine being shipped across the country in a bumpy truck - that they have my back and will take care of anything that happens with it. That's it, plain and simple. I really don't want anything else out of this, but for them to use this situation to improve their products and communication with the customers that help keep the doors open there.
I felt as if John understood this and of all people, including Gary, I felt he was the most sincere and helpful during this entire process and a really good person who wasn't just telling me what I wanted to hear. He's definitely a guy I'd want working for me if running a business like Stern Pinball.

Your wife has all the high scores on your machines and you actually admit it? Man card revoked dude!!

#1143 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Your wife has all the high scores on your machines and you actually admit it? Man card revoked dude!!

i wish my wife showed some interest in my pins...

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

LOL ! My buddies give me shit about that all the time. I told them I use the cup holders to hang my purse from it when I play.. I have no shame... my wife is very very good at pinball and we love playing it together when the kids go to bed. I know everyone has their reasons for playing and loving standing there trying to beat their previous high score- but for me, it's just one of the only hobbies that my wife and I share together that we both really enjoy. Every couple should have a certain hobby (or more) to do when the kids go to bed and its time to chill.. pinball is ours.. but she happens to be better than me at it!

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

i wish my wife showed some interest in my pins...

I feel your pain bro!

#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

LOL ! My buddies give me shit about that all the time. I told them I use the cup holders to hang my purse from it when I play.. I have no shame... my wife is very very good at pinball and we love playing it together when the kids go to bed. I know everyone has their reasons for playing and loving standing there trying to beat their previous high score- but for me, it's just one of the only hobbies that my wife and I share together that we both really enjoy. Every couple should have a certain hobby (or more) to do when the kids go to bed and its time to chill.. pinball is ours.. but she happens to be better than me at it!

That is awesome that she plays and is actually good. My girlfriend couldn't beat a 5 year old and she will only play about 2 games and she's had enough lol.

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is awesome that she plays and is actually good. My girlfriend couldn't beat a 5 year old and she will only play about 2 games and she's had enough lol.

Trade her in for a Magic Girl.

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Every couple should have a certain hobby (or more) to do when the kids go to bed and its time to chill.. pinball is ours.. but she happens to be better than me at it!

Same here, she just put up a new GC last night. I don't think I have my initials on anything any more...

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I use the cup holders to hang my purse from it when I play..

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Trade her in for a Magic Girl.

Guess I should trade her in if she won't even play pinball with me. Might just get rid of her all together and I could afford more pinball machines!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 25.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 29.95
There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/23?hl=archon9000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.