IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_2441 (resized).JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 26.
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I have a clear bra on the entire front end of my Lamborghini. So what's your point?!?!?!

lambo + bra = double douche bag

#1002 7 years ago

Am I a douche for buying a car instead of a truckload of defective pinball machines?

Or am I a douche for having a clear bra on the front of my car to avoid..... eh, let's use the word, divots?

#1003 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

If I could afford a Lamborghini, people could call me a douche bag all they wanted and I wouldn't even care!

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

So I'm NOT a double douche for buying $250k+ worth of pinball machines, but I AM a douche for buying a car with a clear bra. Got it.

Haters gonna hate.

#1005 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I upvoted your post. If I could only get Double Douche approved by DMV on a license plate, I'd do it: DBLDOUSH

#1006 7 years ago

So this is wear this thread ends up after 1000 post

#1007 7 years ago

So I'm NOT a double douche for buying $250k+ worth of pinball machines, but I AM a douche for buying a car with a clear bra. Got it.
Haters gonna hate.

I guess we're both douches then. I have clear bra on my McLaren and it protects my paint well. Now, if it chipped on it's own then id have a problem. Good thing Stern doesn't make cars.

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Perfect, I'm going to call CBS this week and inquire about running a story about this then. It's worth a shot. If they will run a story promoting Gary and his business, then they should also run a story on this and cite my petition.

CBS is not in the game of trying to ruin a company, so you know where that will go, but all kidding aside, I do understand the frustration, just not the path you are taking to try and get resolution. I've said a million times they need to find someone with some public relations skills to be the face of their company, as they their own worst enemy in the public eye. I'm sure Gary will come up with some solution for you, but most likely the wait is in response to all of the negativity. Not the way most of us would handle it if it were our company, but human nature is to push back when pushed. Trace it back to the cave-man days! lol I do hope you see some resolution soon.

#1009 7 years ago

I upvoted your post. If I could only get Double Douche approved by DMV on a license plate, I'd do it: DBLDOUSH

I think DOUCHE2X would be perfect for you.

If that's taken, then D-BAG or TOOL would be reasonable substitutions.

#1010 7 years ago

People only want quote ExtremeP when it's convenient to bash Stern. See his comments on JJP shit PFs and quality

That said, his Iron Man and Avatar pins clean up like new after 17k plays

I have had no problems communicating with Stern privately on my issue. First one on my 5th Nib

#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think D Bag would be cool. There used to be a guy in my area that should have had the D Bag tag, instead he chose 1 Stud.

I seen a woman driving a Benz not long ago with a license plate that said "Was His" lol. That's gotta be a real kick in the balls to the guy she was married to!

#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

People only want quote ExtremeP when it's convenient to bash Stern. See his comments on JJP shit PFs and quality
That said, his Iron Man and Avatar pins clean up like new after 17k plays
I have had no problems communicating with Stern privately on my issue. First one on my 5th Nib

Hey iceman, how awesome would it be to see KPG tooling around in his Mclaren with a license plate that says F STERN on it? Haha

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wow. Thanks for your contributions to this thread. Clearly you've decided to stay off topic and continue to make this personal.

#1014 7 years ago

Wow. Thanks for your contributions to this thread. Clearly you've decided to stay off topic and continue to make this personal.

It's just a joke, don't take it personally.

I probably have never met you, so anything I say about you can only be in jest.

I simply played off of the old adage "Anytime somebody finds a way to tell you they own a Lamborghini, you instantly know they are a douche"

All in fun...

#1015 7 years ago

Communication?

Dutch Pinball. What a shit show that is. Not only do people wonder if they are getting their pins, Rare is still waiting down at the docks for his pin to arrive, the Qc is garbage

JJP? What happened to the no pre order pledge? When is DI shipping for the deposits they have taken? Nobody knows to this day what the CE really is!

Yep, just awesome

#1016 7 years ago

The topic is exhausted.. many people have said its a waste of time and there is zero proof this thread is helping ..now having some fun & calling out douche bags on the interweb! that never gets old!

#1017 7 years ago

:lalala:Pretty impressive. Route Stern pins and get a Lamborghini

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Q: How do you end up with a million dollars from a pinball route?

A: Start with two million dollars.

#1019 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He has stated many times his pins don't really earn him much, its his video game arcades that do - just to be fair.

Also, no one is complaining about old Stern machines- my MET and TWD are great and I enjoy them a lot, playfields are immaculate. It's the new Stern pins that have gone the cheapo route. I bought my GBLE based on the quality of the other Stern pins I bought.. I spent the most on a Stern pin w/ GBLE and got a completed POS compared to my other, less costly Sterns. That's the problem here.

#1020 7 years ago

KPG. Have you asked your distributor to initiate a three way conference call with Stern and see if you can all get on the same page? It seems like it may be beneficial to see who is doing what about your pin without wondering if anything is being done.

I personally have had great luck with Stern customer service when calling them direct.

#1021 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Gary has time to go on CBS then he has time to update people on what is going on concerning their issues.

You obviously didn't see the segment. I would have slept through it myself but my mother-in-law called and woke me up to tell me.

Anyway, it was a prepared piece that could've been waiting for a slow day for months. Roger Sharpe was fellated briefly then Gary was trotted out for a couple of his usual chestnuts. No actual news was included here.

#1023 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

You obviously didn't see the segment. I would have slept through it myself but my mother-in-law called and woke me up to tell me.
Anyway, it was a prepared piece that could've been waiting for a slow day for months. Roger Sharpe was fellated briefly then Gary was trotted out for a couple of his usual chestnuts. No actual news was included here.

Perhaps, but they had time to put it up on their Facebook. That is about the amount of time it would take to communicate to those affected by issues what the status of the situation is.

#1024 7 years ago

Ahhhh first world problems.........

#1025 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The topic is exhausted.. many people have said its a waste of time and there is zero proof this thread is helping ..now having some fun & calling out douche bags on the interweb! that never gets old!

yeah it gets old.

got something relevant to add ?

#1026 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

My point is that your terrorist-like approach has gotten you nowhere, and you can't seem to understand why.
Since you're the butt of the joke, I'm not surprised you don't find it funny.

Completely over the line.

Talk about not being funny.

#1027 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What does not make sense?
Stern is not required to buy back your game.
The problem you have is specifically EXCLUDED under their written warranty.
So if they generously offered to buy back your game, but then saw online that you were continuing to badmouth their company....you really can't blame them if they retract their offer.

This is completely bogus, and I am surprised that you would make this kind of claim Vid.

I don't give a shit what Stern or any other manufacturer puts in their warranty, or excludes from their warranty for that matter, as there is an implied warranty of merchantability that all products sold carry. I have seen his GBLE and there is no way that he would not be entitled to compensation for the defective pin that he was sold.

#1028 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't give a shit what Stern or any other manufacturer puts in their warranty, or excludes from their warranty for that matter, as there is an implied warranty of merchantability that all products sold carry.

The law allows merchants to avoid this implied warranty.

" In most states, for a seller to disclaim the warranty, the disclaimer must be in writing and conspicuous; the buyer must be aware that the warranty won’t cover the product. "

That is why Stern tells you, clearly, in writing, that the wood finish is not covered.

http://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/what-is-the-warranty-of-merchantability.html

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You know what crosses the line with me?
Spending $8,000 on a pinball machine, sold by a company that has been in business for 30 years.. and getting a defective product straight out of the box.
Then having the owner of the company promise a replacement in october 2016
Then ignoring me, not responding to emails, and not doing shit about fulfilling a promise.
Yeah, you cross that line with me and you deserve whatever the fuck comes your way next.

I thought you just said you were going to sell the game and move on? You're burning bridges and now making indirect threats?

Rob

#1030 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I thought you just said you were going to sell the game and move on? You're burning bridges and now making indirect threats?
Rob

I dont percieve anything he said as a threat. All the guy wants is a mother effin new playfield and some communication from Stern, thats it! I cannot believe people are so appalled by him being pissed off. He spent nearly 9 thousand dollars on a clearly defective product and isnt being treated right. Thats a sh*tload of money to spend and then get treated this way as a customer. I dont even care if they are pissed at him and hate his guts, just give the guy a new playfield and be done with it already, because its the right thing to do!

#1031 7 years ago

Why does everyone keep jumping on KPG for burning bridges? He spent a lot of money on what turned out to be a defective product. Gary Stern himself said he would fix it and it is not fixed and they have gone silent. I would be mega pissed too!

If a company is going to penalise a customer for pointing out the company sold a defective product I would want nothing to do with that company. Stern is the one in the wrong here not KPG. If stern will only back its products if you say good things about them that is a pretty messed up company and I can't believe people keep defending them.

#1032 7 years ago

If stern will only back its products if you say good things about them that is a pretty messed up company and I can't believe people keep defending them.

Just thank God that stern still makes games. It's ok that they fall apart after a few games and they have gone up in price to the point that most can't afford them and they sell games with no intention on completing the code. Just praise Gary

#1033 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If stern will only back its products if you say good things about them that is a pretty messed up company and I can't believe people keep defending them.
Just thank God that stern still makes games. It's ok that they fall apart after a few games and they have gone up in price to the point that most can't afford them and they sell games with no intention on completing the code. Just praise Gary

I actually am thankful for stern and I love their games, but when someone has a problem like this they need to communicate with them and make it right. I love Stern and im a customer, but I wont back them on this situation here.

#1034 7 years ago

<

Quoted from vid1900:

The law allows merchants to avoid this implied warranty.
" In most states, for a seller to disclaim the warranty, the disclaimer must be in writing and conspicuous; the buyer must be aware that the warranty won’t cover the product. "
That is why Stern tells you, clearly, in writing, that the wood finish is not covered.
http://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/what-is-the-warranty-of-merchantability.html

whatever the case. any manufacturing defect should be replaced with a refund.. no questions.

i guess pinball sales are an exception

#1035 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont percieve anything he said as a threat. All the guy wants is a mother effin new playfield and some communication from Stern, thats it! I cannot believe people are so appalled by him being pissed off. He spent nearly 9 thousand dollars on a clearly defective product and isnt being treated right. Thats a sh*tload of money to spend and then get treated this way as a customer. I dont even care if they are pissed at him and hate his guts, just give the guy a new playfield and be done with it already, because its the right thing to do!

Of course it's the right thing to do. I've been through a playfield replacement myself with a Met Premium because it was warped. That was 5 months of back and forth to get it done. Yeah, I know the frustration first hand. There was a time I wasn't even sure they would replace the playfield because I claimed the issue 9 months after I bought it, even though it was messed up from the beginning. I just never realized it was a big problem until I spent more time trying to figure out why the playfield didn't fit in the cabinet properly or that I could never level it properly.

I hope he gets it replaced soon.

Rob

#1036 7 years ago

update time for me. 1 week in on the playfield replacement for my GB Pro at 120 plays. No hints of ghosting on the inserts so far. Only the 1 little chip out of the right saucer that happened pretty much right away last week, sealed it up with a little crazy glue and its been solid. Ordered a set of cliffys, for the drain, shooter lane, and scolari drops, will install them soon as I get them. I expect i'll have 200 plays by then.

In terms of how long it has taken to get the playfield. I started my process early August, and got my replacement on Feb 4. so right around the 6 month mark.

#1037 7 years ago

Just as reminder, when you get your playfields to swap, take some time and remember any mods or additions you made that you will need to take off the old playfield. A forgot a couple of things such as a stiffer launcher spring to stop the ball whizzing into the back panel, and a drain guard. If you added shims to the slimmer mech, any extra lighting, PKE mirror, etc, be sure to remove them. Stern is NOT removing your components and placing them back on the playfield they ship you. Something else for the purists....remove your "LE" cardboard luggage tags from the wire harness under your playfield and put them on your new field. The one I got in my box had "Premium" tags, which is the same as an LE, but if you are one of those OCD folks like me, you might want to save your LE stamped ones to put back on the game.

#1038 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

If a company is going to penalise a customer for pointing out the company sold a defective product I would want nothing to do with that company. Stern is the one in the wrong here not KPG. If stern will only back its products if you say good things about them that is a pretty messed up company and I can't believe people keep defending them.

Kpg and everybody else that deserve a replacement PF should and will get one, eventually. Why would you even want a replacement PF until you knew the issues were worked out? I don't get it. Maybe to sell it before market tanks? Ok

Maybe its just because i'm such a likable guy , I got my BM66LE fixed pronto, great communication and service. Chas and Patrick sent me the turn table mech and the node board i needed right away. That thing ain't cheap btw. Game room guys excellent too.

Today, tech resoldered the sheared off wires, re installed the mech with little difficulty, glad he was doing it and not me though, and popped in the new node board. With travel time, 2 1/2 hours total. Would have been a lot less time if we weren't BS ing the whole time.

Very interesting guy, been around since the 70's as a tech, operator, owner etc. Great stories

#1039 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kpg and everybody else that deserve a replacement PF should and will get one, eventually. Why would you even want a replacement PF until you knew the issues were worked out? I don't get it. Maybe to sell it before market tanks? Ok
Maybe its just because i'm such a likable guy , I got my BM66LE fixed pronto, great communication and service. Chas and Patrick sent me the turn table mech and the node board i needed right away. That thing ain't cheap btw. Game room guys excellent too.
Today, tech resoldered the sheared off wires, re installed the mech with little difficulty, glad he was doing it and not me though, and popped in the new node board. With travel time, 2 1/2 hours total. Would have been a lot less time if we weren't BS ing the whole time.
Very interesting guy, been around since the 70's as a tech, operator, owner etc. Great stories

Glad you got it fixed iceman! Is it as good as your GB game? Be honest!

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Glad you got it fixed iceman! Is it as good as your GB game? Be honest!

Honestly, no. But GBLE is just amazing for me along with TWDLE.

It has the potential to be a great pin and more importantly has the fun factor like GBLE.

#1041 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Honestly, no. But GBLE is just amazing for me along with TWDLE.
It has the potential to be a great pin and more importantly has the fun factor like GBLE.

I cant wait to see and play a Batman in person, maybe this week hopefully! My GB should be here in 2 weeks, cant wait!

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I cant wait to see and play a Batman in person, maybe this week hopefully! My GB should be here in 2 weeks, cant wait!

Congrats, you will love that pin! Code is really good, magna slings are awesome, subway ramp is my favorite ramp shot even ahead of Whitewater insanity falls, ecto goggles, phenomenal light show, etc....game is packed.

BM66 is not "packed" like GBLE, but the theme integration is spot on and the LCD is fantastic. Another fun pin that Lyman will make great.

#1043 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats, you will love that pin! Code is really good, magna slings are awesome, subway ramp is my favorite ramp shot even ahead of Whitewater insanity falls, ecto goggles, phenomenal light show, etc....game is packed.
BM66 is not "packed" like GBLE, but the theme integration is spot on and the LCD is fantastic. Another fun pin that Lyman will make great.

I played a GB Pro first, then like 4 months later a Premium and was blown away. I played nearly 4 hours and didnt want to leave it. I then went back to the bar that has the Pro to make my final decision and I knew that I had to have the Premium model. The Pro is still a fantastic game but the Premium is really really special with Ghostbusters. I dont care what anyone says, I still believe that GB may be Sterns best game ever!

#1044 7 years ago

Update:

Spoke to the Illinois Attorney general finally today after some phone tag.

Interesting thing right off the bat - their office is fielding "several" complaints against Stern Pinball, some for unrelated problems and a "handful" that seems directly related to my case of a defective product that is currently unresolved.

They simply asked for more information, if I had the contact information for those who have signed the petition (I'll get those soon - I'll likely PM some random people) who also can be interviewed.

They said they are "in contact with the company" but would not answer in what way. Could mean anything.

Wish I had more info, and I don't know where it will go - but it's at least something and I can't say I'm surprised, but it is interesting they have similar complaints already filed with them...

#1045 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Update:
Spoke to the Illinois Attorney general finally today after some phone tag.
Interesting thing right off the bat - their office is fielding "several" complaints against Stern Pinball, some for unrelated problems and a "handful" that seems directly related to my case of a defective product that is currently unresolved.
They simply asked for more information, if I had the contact information for those who have signed the petition (I'll get those soon - I'll likely PM some random people) who also can be interviewed.
They said they are "in contact with the company" but would not answer in what way. Could mean anything.
Wish I had more info, and I don't know where it will go - but it's at least something and I can't say I'm surprised, but it is interesting they have similar complaints already filed with them...

Crazy it has to get this far for people to get answers and fixes for their machines.

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Crazy it has to get this far for people to get answers and fixes for their machines.

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic.

Just look at the post where Stern sent a guy some sandpaper and clearcoat to fix his defective playfield.. what a shitshow

#1047 7 years ago

Can you ask the Illinois attny general, along with the New Jersey AG to look into price fixing between Stern and JJP too while you are at it?

It's the high pricing issue that is going to impact these guys in 2017, not QC

When people start figuring out all these newly minted $8500-$9500 Woz, TH, DI's AND Stern premiums and LE's $7500-$8500, won't bring anything close on the secondary market it will be back to PROS and boutique runs like BM66

High prices hit a brick wall in 2017

#1048 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can you ask the Illinois attny general, along with the New Jersey AG to look into price fixing between Stern and JJP too while you are at it?
When people start figuring out all these newly minted $8500-$9500 Woz, TH, DI's AND Stern premiums and LE's $7500-$8500, won't bring anything close on the secondary market it will be back to PROS and boutique runs like BM66

You are such a Douche iceman!

I definitely agree with you about prices though. People will not continue to pay these insane prices.

#1049 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a perfect storm - price increases AND poor QC from Stern. It's a recipe for major depreciation, that's for sure.

The market has spoken and people buying second hand pins that are still in production and can be bought NIB simply do not want to pay more then $7500-7800 for a pin. Unless of course its a rare great condition B/W pin.

Anyone paying these prices better be ready to take a bigger loss on resale and also know that the machine itself could be a POS and Stern will drag their ass as long as possible to make it right.

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's a perfect storm - price increases AND spoof QC from Stern. It's a recipe for major depreciation, that's for sure.
The market has spoken and people buying second hand pins that are still in production and can be bought NIB simply do not want to pay more then $7500-7800 for a pin. Unless of course its a rare great condition B/W pin.
Anyone paying these prices better be ready to take a bigger loss on resale and also know that the machine itself could be a POS and Stern will drag their ass as long as possible to make it right.

Imagine that...buying something, using it, and then selling it for less......Oh the humanity!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

15,699 (OBO)
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.