Topic Stats

• 1,257 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Schabs81
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 115 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_3257 (resized).JPG
DSC_3259 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170318_162208 (resized).jpg
IMG_1552 (resized).JPG
IMG_1550 (resized).JPG
IMG_1555 (resized).JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_2441 (resized).JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1251 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 26.
#851 2 years ago

L@@Ks like May 25 2016 to me

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

How about instead of trying to make "a funny" you give credit where credit is due? Obviously me turning up the heat and putting pressure on Stern has helped them speed up the process. I've noticed that since posting here, they are starting to ramp up their efforts- and I was told about the February date as well. I'm pretty sure it's no coincidence, especially since the attorney general complaint was filed and I'm sure they have been in contact with Stern and also putting pressure on them.

Oh god please.....do you really think that is the case? I was told my playfield would be replaced long before you ever started puffing out your chest. The is just a normal evolution.....yes, it took longer than they originally told me, but I got an email from my distributor every couple of weeks letting me know Stern was still working on getting better playfields. I waited and was patient, and I doubt very seriously if any rant sped up the process. If your complaining is so effective, why do you still have your game and your chipped up playfield? Wouldn't you think they would want to take care of you first?

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

Definite problem! Looks like the inserts become loose under the clearcoat and get worse with heat ..play ...and wear.
The problem with Stern is getting anyone to call you back(after filling out their petty website form with your phone number) to buy specific game parts or get troubleshooting help.
The Software codes update are another problem, as all the best Software programmers get hired to work for Slot Machine companies like IGT, Aristocrat, Williams etc ..
I would wait 3+ months before buying a new title, but I guess it must be an obsession to keep buying new release Stern games one title after another...even knowing they have problems? Very few, if any increase in value like all the Bally/ Williams games used to do?

Williams exists in name only, as their game development has combined with Bally in Vegas under the SGI umbrella. IGT code is developed in Reno, Vegas, and up in Canada after the merge with GTECH. ATI development is out west as well. My point being, I doubt they are hiring any programmers away from Stern. Maybe that happened back when Williams was actually making machines, but I doubt that is the case these days.

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I was hoping the playfield number would give some hints if someone else had one that was close to that number and had a legible date on theirs.
about 30 plays in now... No chipping in the drain so far. i've also noticed its not dimpling as much as my original did on day 1. will continue to post updates as we go. I will check in at 100 plays or a week, or first sight of clear coat problems... whatever comes first.

Maybe the better question is does anyone have a non-replaced original playfield with a smudged playfield manufacture date? I can tell you mine is clear as day on my original PF. The only ones I've seen with smudged dates are playfields that have been under the replacement program. Not saying there aren't any non-replaced PFs with smudged, but none that I've seen.

#855 2 years ago

Just my opinion.... but I feel this thread had ZERO impact on Sterns decision or time frame to get this done. Not trying to be harsh but the OP still has not resolved his problem yet while others are getting their's. Just because the process was slower than expected, thats not an indication of if its getting done.

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just my opinion.... but I feel this thread had ZERO impact on Sterns decision or time frame to get this done. Not trying to be harsh but the OP still has not resolved his problem yet while others are getting their's. Just because the process was slower than expected, thats not an indication of if its getting done.

Even if it didn't change a thing internally at Stern, I'm willing to bet this thread does have an impact on money spent with Stern.

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Even if it didn't change a thing internally at Stern, I'm willing to bet this thread does have an impact on money spent with Stern.

I agree 100%.... but us pinballers have a bad memory, and once the next blockbuster title comes out, its buisness as usual

#858 2 years ago

As soon as Iron Maiden hits, it will be right back to ordering FSA.

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

L@@Ks like May 25 2016 to me

Who knows!? But i did notice something else this morning as i was playing that I had totally glossed over before. I recall that the "Negative Reinforcment" misspelling had supposedly been corrected on later Pro playfields (I may be mistaken?). My replacement playfield has the misspelling

Reinforcment (resized).jpg

#860 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

None of will ever know the answer to whether it worked or not, but even if it didn't you can't blame him for trying. If they wouldn't have ignored him, I would be pissed at him also but they flat out ignored him and that was wrong.

#861 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Who knows!? But i did notice something else this morning as i was playing that I had totally glossed over before. I recall that the "Negative Reinforcment" misspelling had supposedly been corrected on later Pro playfields (I may be mistaken?). My replacement playfield has the misspelling

Well that's certainly interesting now isn't it? Stay positive though bro, that doesn't mean you got a bad playfield. They wasn't all bad so you never know. Time will tell.

#862 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well that's certainly interesting now isn't it? Stay positive though bro, that doesn't mean you got a bad playfield. They wasn't all bad so you never know. Time will tell.

Yup, not particularly worried if its old or new, just that the clear coat was done properly. There were lots of people back then that had totally OK play fields too. My gut feel is this bad playfield thing will be traced back to something silly like, it was only playfields made on Thursdays because thats the day "Fred with the bad eye" mixed up the batches of clear coat, when the regular guy had to take his kid to therapy or something. We may never know the true reason...

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

KPG's efforts 100% helped because Stern doesn't like seeing their reputation getting smeared all over the internet believe me. I don't think he is asking anyone to bow down to him or call him a Hero or anything like that, but him raising so much hell absolutely helped. He may have hurt himself possibly if Gary or whoever holds a grudge against him now, but he did in fact get Stern off of their ass somewhat I guarantee it. All Stern had to do was have a good relationship and communicate with their customers and none of this would have ever happened. That's the part I don't understand, it could have been so easy for them and actually good for business. Now people are pissed at them and don't trust them as a company and are looking to other pinball manufacturers for better products instead of sticking with the pinball company they loved.

While I 100% follow your logic as to WHY KPGs actions should have helped motivate Stern, you're still presenting ZERO factual evidence that this is the case.
The mere fact that KPG is still sitting on a busted playfield would STRONGLY indicate that his huffing and puffing has had little to no effect whatsoever.
I wouldn't even be surprised if he ends up near the back of the line for ranting and raving like he has been. I mean, say you're Stern and you have some play fields for replacement, but not enough to go around. Are you going to reward your long term customers first, or the guy who's adamantly anti-Stern and vowing publicly that he'll never buy another Stern product again?

We'll see how this plays out.

KPG: who was it that told you they would buy your pin back? Stern, or your distributor?
I missed the update where Stern contacted you, saying they would refund you 100%. Did that happen?

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

While I 100% follow your logic as to WHY KPGs actions should have helped motivate Stern, you're still presenting ZERO factual evidence that this is the case.
The mere fact that KPG is still sitting on a busted playfield would STRONGLY indicate that his huffing and puffing has had little to no effect whatsoever.
I wouldn't even be surprised if he ends up near the back of the line for ranting and raving like he has been. I mean, say you're Stern and you have some play fields for replacement, but not enough to go around. Are you going to reward your long term customers first, or the guy who's adamantly anti-Stern and vowing publicly that he'll never buy another Stern product again?
We'll see how this plays out.
KPG: who was it that told you they would buy your pin back? Stern, or your distributor?
I missed the update where Stern contacted you, saying they would refund you 100%. Did that happen?

You are 100% correct, I have ZERO factual evidence and I never said that I did, it's just my gut feeling. If I was Stern would I replace his playfield now? Yes I sure would to shut him up so I don't get even more bad publicity than I already have. If I was Stern though this would have never gotten this far because I would have kept an open line of communication with him and he'd be a happy customer. I would have been open and honest with him and told him that we don't want to send you a new playfield until we are certain that we have the problem solved so please be patient and to please stop posting negative things online and to keep our conversations to himself. If they had told him that I think he would be ok with it and would have stayed quiet. That's just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong who knows?

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Yup, not particularly worried if its old or new, just that the clear coat was done properly. There were lots of people back then that had totally OK play fields too. My gut feel is this bad playfield thing will be traced back to something silly like, it was only playfields made on Thursdays because thats the day "Fred with the bad eye" mixed up the batches of clear coat, when the regular guy had to take his kid to therapy or something. We may never know the true reason...

Agreed

#866 2 years ago

#867 2 years ago

i saw a new post, i thought maybe someone had posted a pic of their new replacement PF.

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

i saw a new post, i thought maybe someone had posted a pic of their new replacement PF.

I have plenty of pictures of my replacement, but nothing interesting worth sharing. It all looks like it should look, only 50 plays and 3 days in. So far, so good

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Interesting. Have any original play fields WITH the misspelling ghosted? I can't keep track.

I know correctly spelled play fields have.

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

That's because it's impossible to squeeze an "e" into the available space.... I wonder, back in the day, how many people complained about the SCHEHERAZADE misspelling on TotAN....

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Absolutely. There's even a new jingle out about it.

No way not me I'm not buying a NIB Stern
No way not me I'm not buying a NIB Stern
You can tell me that the playfields are fixed I'm not buying a NIB Stern!

*chorus

Just joking but I do think theres a growing group of potential customers, including myself, that are holding off on buying a NIB Stern until there are consistent reports of games without playfield issues, and quality / code support improves.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Interesting. Have any original play fields WITH the misspelling ghosted? I can't keep track.
I know correctly spelled play fields have.

My original playfield was a very early run (march 2016) had the misspelling and ghosting.

#873 2 years ago

well, it didnt take long. Came home to find a piece of clear had chipped out of the right eject saucer/scoop area. Doesn't surprise me, that area is a bad design anyway, and I pretty much expected having to do something with that area eventually anyway. Only 55 plays in. Rest of the game looks fine. I have since brushed on some crazy glue over the chipped area to seal it up.

rightscoop (resized).jpg

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

well, it didnt take long. Came home to find a piece of clear had chipped out of the right eject saucer/scoop area. Doesn't surprise me, that area is a bad design anyway, and I pretty much expected having to do something with that area eventually anyway. Only 55 plays in. Rest of the game looks fine. I have since brushed on some crazy glue over the chipped area to seal it up.

That's probably not a big deal Josh, maybe put some clear fingernail polish on it and a piece of Mylar over it? I'm no expert at all but it'll probably be ok I'd guess. See what some of these guys on here say, I'm sure they'll know what do do about that. I mean yeah it sucks, but if you can keep it from getting any worse than that I'd say it's no big deal and if it is I'd talk to your distributor again.

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

That means this is one of the FUN pfs, not a Churchill one.

As far as we know, all replacement pfs so far, of the few received, are FUN rather than Churchill. Seems like Stern are still trying to cheap this out.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is from old or originally rejected stock, either ... especially as it's immediately started chipping again.

They're taking the piss.

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's probably not a big deal Josh, maybe put some clear fingernail polish on it and a piece of Mylar over it? I'm no expert at all but it'll probably be ok I'd guess. See what some of these guys on here say, I'm sure they'll know what do do about that. I mean yeah it sucks, but if you can keep it from getting any worse than that I'd say it's no big deal and if it is I'd talk to your distributor again.

Of the ones I've seen, the saucers get worse and worse ... after the clear chips, the wood starts getting chewed up, and quickly.

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Of the ones I've seen, the saucers get worse and worse ... after the clear chips, the wood starts getting chewed up, and quickly.

I hope not for his sake. How stupid is Stern if they are sending the same damn playfields out that they had problems with in the past? Good God!!!

#878 2 years ago

Replacement Play Field Dated January 5. 2017

Now it's time to dimple the hell out of this bad boy!

IMG_3347 (resized).JPG

thumbnail_IMG_3357 (resized).jpg

IMG_3352 (resized).JPG

IMG_3351 (resized).JPG

IMG_3359 (resized).JPG

thumbnail_IMG_3360 (resized).jpg

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

Replacement Play Field Dated January 5. 2017
Now it's time to dimple the hell out of this bad boy!

Looks good! Did the metal protrctors around the scoops come with the new playfield from the factory or did you put those on there?

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks good! Did the metal protrctors around the scoops come with the new playfield from the factory or did you put those on there?

This PF is right out of the box from Stern.

I will be adding Art's PF and lane protectors ASAP.

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you get you your GB yet ?

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Do you get you your GB yet ?

End of Febuary is when I will be getting it lools like. Cant wait!

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

This PF is right out of the box from Stern.
I will be adding Art's PF and lane protectors ASAP.

Reason I was wondering is because the pic that JoshODBrown posted a few posts before yours doesn't habe the.metal around the scoops and he has clear chipping in the area where the ball sits in. Wonder why his didn't come with the metal protectors?

#884 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Reason I was wondering is because the pic that JoshODBrown posted a few posts before yours doesn't habe the.metal around the scoops and he has clear chipping in the area where the ball sits in. Wonder why his didn't come with the metal protectors?

The Pro and Premium models have a different right scoop feature. The right scoop on premium is pretty much similar to the left scoop, where on the pro, the right scoop is more of a bare wood saucer.

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The Pro and Premium models have a different right scoop feature. The right scoop on premium is pretty much similar to the left scoop, where on the pro, the right scoop is more of a bare wood saucer.

That makes no sense on Sterns part. If the premium/LE needs a protector then so does a pro. I mean what do they cost, a quarter? That's much better than having a guy wanting a New playfield because of chipping clearcoat.

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That makes no sense on Sterns part. If the premium/LE needs a protector then so does a pro. I mean what do they cost, a quarter? That's much better than having a guy wanting a New playfield because of chipping clearcoat.

I totally agree with this. The end user solution has been to treat the area with mylar on the pro models. Apparently, Cliffy has been wanting to work on a protector for this feature on the pro models but is still waiting for a playfield from Stern so he can design something. Majority of peoples issues with this game has been more around the inserts ghosting, and drain, and shooter lane chipping apart prematurely

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That makes no sense on Sterns part. If the premium/LE needs a protector then so does a pro

No.. one is a scoop.. one is a saucer. Scoops wear differently and far more. The right side on Pro is like the Gimli saucer on LOTR. Pass through saucer.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No.. one is a scoop.. one is a saucer. Scoops wear differently and far more. The right side on Pro is like the Gimli saucer on LOTR. Pass through saucer.

Oh ok i see. What should he do about the chipped clearcoat? Can that be stopped from getting worse possibly?

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Your PF is def gonna be F Ed up when you get that GB!

Just play it and quit worrying about a few little dimples.

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Your PF is def gonna be F Ed up when you get that GB!
Just play it and quit worrying about a few little dimples.

I'm not worried about any dimples, my GOT and TWD is full of them. Josh has clear chipping on the saucer of his GB. Stop wishing me bad luck on my new GB Azz Face, that's not nice!

P.S. Now I know why KPG don't like you!

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not worried about any dimples, my GOT and TWD is full of them. Josh has clear chipping on the saucer of his GB. Stop wishing me bad luck on my new GB Azz Face, that's not nice!
P.S. Now I know why KPG don't like you!

I tell you what, you are gonna love that GB. KPG loves me!

I have saucer chipping on my Woz. You'll get a good PF

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I tell you what, you are gonna love that GB. KPG loves me!
I have saucer chipping on my Woz. You'll get a good PF

I sure hope so lol. I don't wanna have to come on here and go all KPG on Stern!

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I sure hope so lol. I don't wanna have to come on here and go all KPG on Stern!

LOL

The sad thing is this buyback of my machine seems to be a bunch of straight up BULLSHIT.

Stern has still not acknowledged Trent and has not done anything to move this forward.

I'm thinking some of the other distributors are a bit harder on them then Trent.

Has anyone had a playfield replacement going through Trent?

Unbelievable

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

LOL
The sad thing is this buyback of my machine seems to be a bunch of straight up BULLSHIT.
Stern has still not acknowledged Trent and has not done anything to move this forward.
I'm thinking some of the other distributors are a bit harder on them then Trent.
Has anyone had a playfield replacement going through Trent?
Unbelievable

Nope, not threw my distributor............ But I did have luck going directly to Stern support when my MOPLe had issues. Told them what happened, sent them pics of my game and of the problem.They contacted my distributor and sent them the new PF which in turn he brought to me.

But in your case ( sorry to say ) I would pretty much bet thats not going to happen in a timely manner.

#895 2 years ago

I wonder if the OP still feels he made a big difference with Stern! Seems like the tallest nail always gets spiked. Or however that saying goes! Shitty deal for anyone who has a crap playfield tho

#896 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I wonder if the OP still feels he made a big difference with Stern! Seems like the tallest nail always gets spiked. Or however that saying goes! Shitty deal for anyone who has a crap playfield tho

It's hard to say.

No matter what, Stern was going to fix the problem.

But if Gary himself looked at the OPs posts and found them to be mean spirited, he may have had second thoughts about buying the machine back.

#897 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's hard to say.
But if Gary himself looked at the OPs posts and found them to be mean spirited, he may have had second thoughts about buying the machine back.

I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THOSE DOUCHEBAGS WONT RETURN MY CALLS!!!!!

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's hard to say.

That's totally fine

People read this thread and likely see how Stern is treating me and others, and it affects their sales

How many pins sold has my thread and my awareness of this situation, including the petition, cost Stern? I'd say it's a good number

I'm ok with taking their sweet time. Longer it goes on the longer this thread will stay alive and people will see what a piece of shit company Stern is

Go ahead Gary.. put me at the end of the line... as long as it's costing you machines sold and you are proving my point of how you don't take care of some of your customers only affects your wallet, not mine

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THOSE DOUCHEBAGS WONT RETURN MY CALLS!!!!!

They aren't returning Trent's calls

What's your point?

Stern shouldn't return calls to a good distributor of theirs? I don't bother calling them at all. That's my distro's job

So your attempt at humor really wasn't well thought out at all man.

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

They aren't returning Trent's calls

What's your point?

Stern shouldn't return calls to a good distributor of theirs?

I'm sure Stern is returning Trent's calls.

Stern is not going to stop taking weekly orders from Trent, just because of you.

Trent is not going to close his business down, just because of you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 1251 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside