IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_2441 (resized).JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
honda_accord_99-03 (resized).jpg
ec0f66aced98c3183be5458f366883201f31ba47 (resized).jpg
14868616957031880555332 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 26.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its definitely a better game than the all mighty Batman is!

It is a more polished turd, that's for sure.

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Okay people....If you're lucky enough to get a new playfield, it's going to ghost or chip again. So what are we doing here.

I don't think thats quite fair to say because there hasnt been near as many problems lately as there was when GB first released. There will also be bad playfields here and there no matter what. What matters is if they fix them.

#703 7 years ago

I think at these price's the problem lies with the expectation's of collectors.

Now that games have become an item that costs a small fortune collector's do consider risk of code before purchase. No one want to take 2/3k hit because of incomplete or substandard code.

Look at BW games like DW, CFTBL, and even MB

Simple straight forward code that's nothing special. Heck on MB you can see the whole game in one good session of playing

I think the main thing is that some games are being shipped so incomplete that the buyer partially worries about there " investment " or what the game could or should be then compounded by QC issues .... well the situations like this happen.

Bottom line...good or decent code can make or break a games value no matter what we think it could be When paying prices like we do we have higher expectations unlike when games were made specifically for operators

#704 7 years ago

Even though JJP only produces 1 pin every two years on average now, code is NOT the issue you have to worry about with them.

I have a feeling ALL of these $9k plus pins are gonna take a dump on the secondary market. Already seeing it with loaded Hobbit's and RRWozLE's.

Great code isn't gonna save DI from going down to $7500, all 2500 of those "LE's" and possibly BM66 too, and/or any other pin that comes out hereafter.

BM66 had 80 SLE's and 240 LE's, that's it, and maybe that niche type market continues but i think we are about to enter the realm of discounting recent Nib's in a big way.

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

And this is because Lyman finishes and really adds to the code in his own time. We've been spoiled by this.

No... I'd argue that Sterns funking job. It shouldn't be up to a single developer to finish it.
Stern should PAY their engineers to finish the damn code within 3 mths. End-Of-Story. The fact they don't and we the sheeple keep buying their junk speaks volumes.

#706 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No... I'd argue that Sterns funking job. It shouldn't be up to a single developer to finish it.
Stern should PAY their engineers to finish the damn code within 3 mths. End-Of-Story. The fact they don't and we the sheeple keep buying their junk speaks volumes.

Slow down now. I may be an asshole, but I'm not a sheeple. I stopped buying the product completely.

And buyers like me will matter. I own a fairly large arcade company. I NEED to spend at least $280,000 on new arcade equipment this year for tax reasons. I really don't give a shit what I spend it on, as long as I spend it. That was the potential market Stern had in this one customer. But the reality is that earnings don't mean shit if I'm constantly getting service calls, on top of the need for monthly cleaning & service. So I refuse to purchase another NIB Stern pinball until things change.

Bottom Line: Fix the obvious lack of testing prior to release, fix the multiple poor quality issues, ship the games with complete code, needing ONLY an update or two for finishing touches, and perhaps I'll give Stern a crack at the $300,000 I'll need to spend in 2018.

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Slow down now. I may be an asshole, but I'm not a sheeple. I stopped buying the product completely.
And buyers like me will matter. I own a fairly large arcade company. I NEED to spend at least $280,000 on new arcade equipment this year for tax reasons. I really don't give a shit what I spend it on, as long as I spend it. That was the potential market Stern had in this one customer. But the reality is that earnings don't mean shit if I'm constantly getting service calls, on top of the need for monthly cleaning & service. So I refuse to purchase another NIB Stern pinball until things change.
Bottom Line: Fix the obvious lack of testing prior to release, fix the multiple poor quality issues, ship the games with complete code, needing ONLY an update or two for finishing touches, and perhaps I'll give Stern a crack at the $300,000 I'll need to spend in 2018.

I can help you spend some of that. Got a Jungle Lord available.

#708 7 years ago

so there is still a chance?

Partly because you know DI won't earn shit by comparison and the PF will be destroyed like the RRWoz?

Bottom line? What does it earn

#709 7 years ago

I wasn't singling a person specifically... just the human race in general.
I get that some people will buy just for the joy of buying.
But the rest of us; really need to get a clue.
the Sheeple will all forget this whole bs for about 1-2wks when Steve Richie's next game is announced. And it'll be the same problem of ghosting inserts; crap 0.23 revision code; and the people will be shocked that things haven't changed.
That makes "us" Sheeple.

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I wasn't singling a person specifically... just the human race in general.
I get that some people will buy just for the joy of buying.
But the rest of us; really need to get a clue.
the Sheeple will all forget this whole bs for about 1-2wks when Steve Richie's next game is announced. And it'll be the same problem of ghosting inserts; crap 0.23 revision code; and the people will be shocked that things haven't changed.
That makes "us" Sheeple.

I don't think we have ghosting much anymore. They seem to have gotten a handle on that for the most part. I think the biggest problem now is getting code updates out in a timely manner. Other than that things seem to be getting a little better. The Batman game definitely has some issues though.

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

so there is still a chance?
Partly because you know DI won't earn shit by comparison and the PF will be destroyed like the RRWoz?
Bottom line? What does it earn

You keep bringing up this WOZ RR that supposedly has a destroyed playfield at 10k plays. Show me the pics (not the nearly 5 year old WOZ ones either you keep posting). Maybe I should post those destroyed ACDC and ST pics again? I guess that means all ACDC and ST playfields are screwed right? No.

Now your new thing is to keep mentioning over and over the wear around a magnet on a TEST Dialed In. Really? Again, it's a TEST game.

Stern is the company with the playfield issues here Iceman, not JJP. Yes some early WOZ playfields had issues but it was JJP's first game ever and they corrected the issue over 4 years ago. Time to get over it. Stern however has been in business for 30 years and now is having a major playfield fiasco, not good.

Will this be your Batman 66 LE shortly? Since this wear happened on at least one game it will happen on all right? No.

c03394a542e40c80e57da18124c9e1b88f00f692 (resized).jpgc03394a542e40c80e57da18124c9e1b88f00f692 (resized).jpg

#712 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't think thats quite fair to say because there hasnt been near as many problems lately as there was when GB first released. There will also be bad playfields here and there no matter what. What matters is if they fix them.

So how many times should I have to send my playfield in? I'm 0/2...

#713 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

So how many times should I have to send my playfield in? I'm 0/2...

You should send it in as many times as it takes Stern to get it right. You never did post pics and dates of your 2nd bad playfield, why not? I would really like to see how bad it is. Please post pics and the playfield date.

#714 7 years ago

THIS is the kind of statement that should make Stern shit!

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I agree with you 100%. My fear is that Stern will release games more software "complete" (GOT, GB) but that they will lack the depth and character of rules found in other games. This would essentially be another form of cost cutting.

#716 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

THIS is the kind of statement that should make Stern shit!

Ops that do pinball in a real way buy games in dozens.

One of the ops I service bought 12 KISS, then bought another batch of 20 a few weeks latter after he saw how it was earning.

He is not worried about dimples, he is not worried about chipping around the outhole, he is not worried about wizard modes.

All he worries about is if there are dollar bills behind the coindoor.

Remember, Stern has NO competition.

When an op goes down to the distributor with his trailer to buy games, there are only Sterns in stock.

No JJP, no CGC, no Spooky, no Heighway, nothing but Stern.

=

Remember 6 years ago when JJP was going to put Stern out of business with their **amazing quality** ?

It didn't really happen, did it?

#717 7 years ago

That's only about 18 Super LE'S they don't need you... plus you probably didn't even send a video

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

That's only about 18 Super LE'S they don't need you... plus you probably didn't even send a video

Yeah, first and foremost, Stern needs another video campaign.

As a GB owner, if your video is selected you will then have the right to purchase a populated play field at a healthy 5% discount.

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You keep bringing up this WOZ RR that supposedly has a destroyed playfield at 10k plays. Show me the pics (not the nearly 5 year old WOZ ones either you keep posting). Maybe I should post those destroyed ACDC and ST pics again? I guess that means all ACDC and ST playfields are screwed right? No.

Go back and read what Extreme pinball said himself about JJP. That's his experience with his RR Woz on route.

He's not just slamming Stern, sorry to burst your JJP bubble there Panzer.

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

KPG sold his STLE like a day after I sold it to him lol. And this was long after the code update. I LOVE STLE, and miss it dearly, but the code is not for everyone even as it stands and I get that - STLE code is kind of awkward in that it has no sense of vast progression, but I still love it.
Same goes for GB code in a different sense, it's not for everyone. I've played pinball with KPG, he knows what he likes and dislikes about pinball and he knows how great code can develop longevity in a pinball lineup. He's had Metallica & TWD for a long time and has MMR + TZ. He knows how important great code is for a home use environment.
Me myself, I don't hate GB, I just don't like it enough to add it to my collection, even if it was for a few months.

No offense to Dwight, I blame stern. But, look at dwights coding history since coming back to stern. He did one major update, with a few tweaks, to save STLE; but nothing after cause stern didn't allocate him more time which is a shame because from what I understand, it's one of their best sellers in the last 5 years, even better than AC/DC from what I understand. Then, he abandoned GOT just as it was getting good and he even said it needs more choreography, more sound queues, and more tweaks which he was about to do until stern again yanked him off and put him on GB. And GB has done very well code wise, just as STLE and GOT did, but just like those other two games it never got the X factor polish update to bring it to the next level which is why Lyman & Keith are The best in the biz.
So yea, speculating this is what you get with GB code, is pretty darn accurate from KPG IMO based on sterns history and trends.

Exactly man. STLE is a fine example of loving the layout, theme, and overall look of the machine- but the code just didn't give me the "one more game" feeling. Playing through the modes felt like a grind with no satisfaction.. theres no way to hit the stage 2 or 3 wizard modes at my skill level, so grinding away hoping for the 1st one got very old. Also, having to hit the away team shots to start a new mode was frustrating at times.

STLE's layout was perfect to me. That 3rd flipper warp ramp shot never got old. The speed and combos from the ramps were great.. the spinner shot and combo's from it were great. The code did it in.

Surprisingly, that's how I feel about GB. I actually like the layout.. the right ramp could be improved on, and of course airball issues- and I put a hanging center post mod between the flippers which fixed that too. Dwight's style code simply does not do it for me.

Also, my buddy had just bought a GOT LE.. sold it already after a couple months and bought a TAF instead. GOT's code just did not click for us. Now TAF? Such a better game vs any recent Stern's IMO. All this playfield thing did was push me away from NIB's and back to 90's B/W games. I've spent $15K on B/W games in the past couple months and might even be buying a high end MB if RobT will let me LOL... that's all money that would have went to a distro for a NIB Stern.. but instead it went to older games in the private market.

I'm probably going to sell my MET and TWD just in spite of the fact I no longer want own Stern's any more.. and just get pristine collector quality B/W pins. I just have a bitter taste in my mouth after all this.

So far, the buyback of GBLE is lagging along too.. was supposed to have details on Monday.. here it is Friday, nothing yet. Not surprised one bit.

#721 7 years ago

Here's an inconvenient truth for you Panzer per Extreme Pinball:

"Don't get me wrong, I've suffered my fair share of JJP failures, and plenty of them. Just today I had to pull the driver board out of a WOZECLE and replace a 540IRL transistor that shorted, which of course subsequently fried the trough VUK solenoid.
It has also been my experience that JJP playfield build & clear quality is no where near the high quality of Stern's..... until recently, of course. The playfield on my WOZ RRLE is pretty much destroyed after only 11,000 plays. Looks just like the pictures of iceman44. Mine is even worse around the 4 pop bumpers. While the playfields on my Iron Man VE at 24,000 plays, and my AC/DC Pro at 16,100 plays, always polish up like new when they get cleaned & waxed.
No comparison..... until recently, of course."

Whoops

#722 7 years ago

There's really no reason to make this a JJP vs Stern argument. JJP was a brand new company with a new pin that had just started shipping. They had some issues as they were inexperienced with manufacturing pinball machines. How long have they been in business now? 4-5 years? Are there any ghosting and/or chipping playfield issues? There is currently no playfield quality issues happening right now like Stern. They fixed the problem, and also acknowledged it - and they have moved on.

Stern has been in business for 30+ years, they have long term pinball manufacturing workers, techs, programmers, and executives running the show. They have had way too many issues and have tried to unsuccessfully sweep these issues under the rug.

Stern is essentially the GM of pinball machines and JJP is a boutique company like Ariel and Caterham. They will also be held to a higher standard since they are the big dogs of pinball w/ the most experience in both amount of tiles and amount of annual produced pinball machines.

No one is expecting Stern to never have issues. That's not the problem. The problem plain and simple is how they are mis-handling the entire problem and remaining silent. They ask for dumb ass "video applications" to buy a $15K pin w/ bare ass code, but stay silent and let those who bought garbage machines sit and wait and hope they make good on their promise. It's a slap to the face. Anyway, whatever.

There will be opinions on each side of the coin, but reality is JJP has absolutely ZERO current quality issues right now compared to Stern.

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

They ask for dumb ass "video applications" to buy a $15K pin w/ bare ass code, but stay silent and let those who bought garbage machines sit and wait and hope they make good on their promise.

I can't get enough of this one.

Hopefully, they get their act together soon.

#724 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Exactly man. STLE is a fine example of loving the layout, theme, and overall look of the machine- but the code just didn't give me the "one more game" feeling. Playing through the modes felt like a grind with no satisfaction.. theres no way to hit the stage 2 or 3 wizard modes at my skill level, so grinding away hoping for the 1st one got very old. Also, having to hit the away team shots to start a new mode was frustrating at times.
STLE's layout was perfect to me. That 3rd flipper warp ramp shot never got old. The speed and combos from the ramps were great.. the spinner shot and combo's from it were great. The code did it in.
Surprisingly, that's how I feel about GB. I actually like the layout.. the right ramp could be improved on, and of course airball issues- and I put a hanging center post mod between the flippers which fixed that too. Dwight's style code simply does not do it for me.
Also, my buddy had just bought a GOT LE.. sold it already after a couple months and bought a TAF instead. GOT's code just did not click for us. Now TAF? Such a better game vs any recent Stern's IMO. All this playfield thing did was push me away from NIB's and back to 90's B/W games. I've spent $15K on B/W games in the past couple months and might even be buying a high end MB if RobT will let me LOL... that's all money that would have went to a distro for a NIB Stern.. but instead it went to older games in the private market.
I'm probably going to sell my MET and TWD just in spite of the fact I no longer want own Stern's any more.. and just get pristine collector quality B/W pins. I just have a bitter taste in my mouth after all this.
So far, the buyback of GBLE is lagging along too.. was supposed to have details on Monday.. here it is Friday, nothing yet. Not surprised one bit.

Right on man! If you haven't experienced the greatNess of BW games such as TAF, MB, AFM, MM, TZ, etc.... go for it! Classics are a classic for a reason. Good luck prying robs MB off his hands, he may trade it for your jeep though

I always told you to get GOT PRO not LE; it's night and day. Code was built around the pro. But at least I gave you guys a tour of all the wizard modes in our $1 game night before he sold it lol I love GOT rules, but just like a lot of sterns - it never got the code polish it needs and still has bugs and missing call outs/sound queues I mean, you have one of the most dynamic scoring pins in history, currently in production, with some of the biggest jackpot opportunities ever to be had of any pin; you'd think they'd add some effects and sounds to those jackpots.

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Right on man! If you haven't experienced the greatNess of BW games such as TAF, MB, AFM, MM, TZ, etc.... go for it! Classics are a classic for a reason. Good luck prying robs MB off his hands, he may trade it for your jeep though
I always told you to get GOT PRO not LE; it's night and day. Code was built around the pro. But at least I gave you guys a tour of all the wizard modes in our $1 game night before he sold it lol I love GOT rules, but just like a lot of sterns - it never got the code polish it needs and still has bugs and missing call outs/sound queues I mean, you have one of the most dynamic scoring pins in history, currently in production, with some of the biggest jackpot opportunities ever to be had of any pin; you'd think they'd add some effects and sounds to those jackpots.

That's the thing - you totally killed his GOT LE that night - and I think we both realized we suck too much to progress that far into the game. You are also right its missing key sound queues and sounds to the big jackpots, and that makes a huge difference in making a certain shot that much more rewarding. Like watching an action movie with the sound barely turned up. It is a big thing for sure. I know the code on GOT is probably the best Dwight has done, but its so unfortunate he was pulled off it before finishing it the way he talked about.

I had told my buddy about getting the Pro version, and we are totally in agreement the Pro would have been better than the LE. Why? The upper playfield is not fun, and covers up way too many of the shots. I believe if he had bought the Pro, he may not have sold it so quickly. Shooting the ball a few inches up into the "unknown" is lame. That game did not need an upper playfield and you were 1000% correct recommending the Pro version instead!!

PS- we bought our Arcade Expo 3.0 tickets for Friday March 17th - only $22 on Goldstar per ticket right now. You and Rob should go!

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Go back and read what Extreme pinball said himself about JJP. That's his experience with his RR Woz on route.
He's not just slamming Stern, sorry to burst your JJP bubble there Panzer.

Not to beat a dead horse but the ink on my WOZ started chipping off at less than 300 plays. I bugged Jack to send me another PF and he sent me a reject that had dished inserts. That was the last time I bought anything from that guy.

#727 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not to beat a dead horse but the ink on my WOZ started chipping off at less than 300 plays. I bugged Jack to send me another PF and he sent me a reject that had dished inserts. That was the last time I bought anything from that guy.

So Kpg doesn't want to make this about Stern versus JJP and then went ahead and did it

Didn't you know James, it's all roses in JJP Lala land

Some of you guys can't seriously believe some of the stuff you throw out there!

Let's see who buys what and how many of each pin in 2017. It took me a good 3 yrs to get over the "JJP kool aid built like a tank" BS

Some of you guys are behind the curve. You'll learn

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So Kpg doesn't want to make this about Stern versus JJP and then went ahead and did it
Let's see who buys what and how many of each pin in 2017. It took me a good 3 yrs to get over the "JJP kool aid built like a tank" BS

That's rich, obviously went from JJP to Stern koolaid. It's alright man, im sure your converting others into true believers like yourself.

#729 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Stick to games like Scared Stiff, ToTAN, ToM, etc.. clearly you get 'frustrated' by games that don't just lay out all the prizes for you.

You should still have had plenty of objective to go for in ST with Kobayashi Maru and the medals.. without needing to play the strategies for the level 3 awards, etc.

#730 7 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

That's rich, obviously went from JJP to Stern koolaid. It's alright man, im sure your converting others into true believers like yourself.

Yeah that's right. I buy pins I like, not because it has a more solid cab

I don't care who believes what. JJP denial runs rampant. Why rush in to buy a $9500 DI LE when they will be on sale for $7500 soon enough? It's not like they are LIMITED in any manner whatsoever

I don't get why bashing Stern makes you feel better about getting ripped off by JJP?

All in the justification I guess.

#731 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Stick to games like Scared Stiff, ToTAN, ToM, etc.. clearly you get 'frustrated' by games that don't just lay out all the prizes for you.
You should still have had plenty of objective to go for in ST with Kobayashi Maru and the medals.. without needing to play the strategies for the level 3 awards, etc.

Those objectives were not fun. I love the deep code of MET and TWD, and code like MM, TZ, TAF. Are those games considered "laying out the prize"?

I just want a really fun game. STLE's shots were fun but I didn't find the code and objectives fun. Everyone has their preference you know.

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP machines are built like a tank and higher quality than a Stern. I think everyone knows that. The build quality on my former WOZ and Hobbit was very good.. it truly felt like it was worth the price tag.

Unfortunately, the code and layouts of those pins didn't do it for me in the long term. Excellent build quality, and the support I received from their support guy was also great.

It's not a Stern vs JJP thing when it comes to playfields- why? Because I think everyone can agree that the mirco playfields on all JJP machines is much higher quality then what comes on a Stern. My Hobbit playfield was one of the best playfields I've ever seen on a pin. No ghosting, extremely shallow dimpling, zero chips in shooter Lane, drain hole brand new after 500+ plays, etc etc. even the colors and clear coat were amazing.

#733 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You should send it in as many times as it takes Stern to get it right. You never did post pics and dates of your 2nd bad playfield, why not? I would really like to see how bad it is. Please post pics and the playfield date.

Because the game is on route. Here's a pic of my drain

IMG_5528 (resized).PNGIMG_5528 (resized).PNG

#734 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It's not a Stern vs JJP thing when it comes to playfields- why? Because I think everyone can agree that the mirco playfields on all JJP machines is much higher quality then what comes on a Stern.

I guess you can't read what the route operator says?

F it nvm

#735 7 years ago

Here's my drain after a couple weeks. original playfield from March. I'm on the list for a replacement, have been told it'll be coming soon. Had a number of inserts ghosting too, more notably the Storage Facility originally just after a week or so. ghosting appearing on more inserts as time goes on...

Drain (resized).jpgDrain (resized).jpg

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

PS- we bought our Arcade Expo 3.0 tickets for Friday March 17th - only $22 on Goldstar per ticket right now. You and Rob should go!

I'll definitely be there!

Quoted from kpg:

I just want a really fun game. STLE's shots were fun but I didn't find the code and objectives fun.

Couldn't agree more.

#737 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I guess you can't read what the route operator says?
F it nvm

I did. That was his opinion, and that is mine. I am sure being that he's an operator, a very large operator, his opinion does hold more weight than mine. I was just stating that my experience and owning JJP vs Stern machines are that they are truly built like a tank.. that's all Iceman.. take a shot of some tequila (while its still cheap) and chill .. its friday!

#738 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'll definitely be there!

Couldn't agree more.

Awesome man!! We'll see you there then!

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Here's my drain after a couple weeks. original playfield from March. I'm on the list for a replacement, have been told it'll be coming soon. Had a number of inserts ghosting too, more notably the Storage Facility originally just after a week or so. ghosting appearing on more inserts as time goes on...

Damn sorry to hear that.. expect the artwork to come off with it next unfortunately.

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Everyone has their preference you know.

Yes, but individual preference doesn't define the consensus - something that escapes you. Your comments show you don't like working towards objectives, but would rather have it more readily obtainable or at immediate reach. Hence the suggestion of games that don't require qualifying things or much effort to lite up alternate paths.

'having to shoot the away team' to qualify modes being frustrating? On TZ you still have to hit a ramp to qualify the mode start being ON and then hit the shot... which is common in most games. Mode start being available without qualifying varies in many games, but not sure why having to hit a mode start is 'frustrating'

#741 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, but individual preference doesn't define the consensus - something that escapes you. Your comments show you don't like working towards objectives, but would rather have it more readily obtainable or at immediate reach. Hence the suggestion of games that don't require qualifying things or much effort to lite up alternate paths.
'having to shoot the away team' to qualify modes being frustrating? On TZ you still have to hit a ramp to qualify the mode start being ON and then hit the shot... which is common in most games. Mode start being available without qualifying varies in many games, but not sure why having to hit a mode start is 'frustrating'

Because it's the worst shot in the game, in my opinion.

Sorry you disagree with my opinion.

Care to argue which flavor of ice cream is better?

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I was just stating that my experience and owning JJP vs Stern machines are that they are truly built like a tank.

Same 3/4" thick cabinet, same 1/2" thick playfield.

I've already glued one JJP front cabinet corner that broke apart, so I'm not seeing how it's built any tougher than any other game in the last 30 years.....

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude I'm a good player and owned STLE for 2 years and even I agree the mission shot and away team shots can be frustrating for starting 18 missions. It's the #1 complaint about the game amongst owners. The best suggest to fix this was using fire button to unlock the vengeance shot to random start a mission.

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't care who believes what. JJP denial runs rampant. Why rush in to buy a $9500 DI LE when they will be on sale for $7500 soon enough? It's not like they are LIMITED in any manner whatsoever
I don't get why bashing Stern makes you feel better about getting ripped off by JJP?

do you even read what you type, or is it just a constant flow to your keyboard? I give two shits about who is better, I like both companies, and want both to succeed. You have crowbarred the same image and story about WOZ on numerous threads, always rebutting someones personal opinion about a game and going off on a tangent. If you aren't paid by stern you should be with the amount you run from thread to thread defending stern's play fields....you definitely deserve something for all your effort.

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The other shame of it is you already see B66 premiums in the marketplace for $7k. So does that mean Stern is ripping people off like you accused JJP of? Pfft....delusional.

#746 7 years ago

For the people that are having clear coat coming off at the drain hole, could a piece of Mylar be put there and stop it?

#747 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

For the people that are having clear coat coming off at the drain hole, could a piece of Mylar be put there and stop it?

It helps but dont stop it totally....

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It helps but dont stop it totally....

I wonder if it would be a good idea to Mylar that area before the first game is ever played on it?

#749 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dude I'm a good player and owned STLE for 2 years and even I agree the mission shot and away team shots can be frustrating for starting 18 missions. It's the #1 complaint about the game amongst owners

must be a socal thing.. the shots are not that difficult nor devious. If you had to complete a warp combo.. ok. But simply a wide shot to the left.. that never rejects.. or a shot to the right where you can even use the flipper to sweep the ball in?? Not stuff to moan about.

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

The other shame of it is you already see B66 premiums in the marketplace for $7k. So does that mean Stern is ripping people off like you accused JJP of? Pfft....delusional.

I'm blocking you now because of that scary ridiculous avatar

Pfft

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 25.50
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.