(Topic ID: 202891)

Changed a sniper on my Raven & now the GI goes out when counting bonus

By Topher5000

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Ugh. Broke the bottom left sniper the other night so I changed it with the one in the left orbit since that one's missing the spring & was unplugged.
Unplugged the front one, removed the mechs, changed the snipers, installed the mechs & plugged the front one in. Now, in attract mode when the chaser lights go on, the GI goes out. It also goes out when it spells Raven after pushing start & while counting bonuses.
I don't see how it could be a wiring problem, but I guess I'll be spending the evening jiggling wires to try to see which one's the culprit. Should be fun!

#2 6 years ago

Is it like this? If so, you had an issue before and now it's working properly. Otherwise it's more than likely a grounding issue.

#3 6 years ago

Yeah, that's what it's doing now. That's the way it should be? When I bought it years ago, the GI stayed on so I thought that's the way it should be. Seems odd to go out while counting bonus.

#4 6 years ago

I don't think this is correct, as the GI will blink off when you hit a lit sniper. Anyways, it started staying lit last night, so I'll leave it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Is it like this? If so, you had an issue before and now it's working properly. Otherwise it's more than likely a grounding issue.
» YouTube video

This is the way it should be working. If the gi stays lit you have an issue not that it should affect the game at all. Mike

#6 6 years ago

Okay, I turned it on last night & it's now behaving like this again.
Seems odd though, with the GI blinking off when a lit sniper's hit.
I won't worry about it then.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Warrington, PENNSYLVANIA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changed-a-sniper-on-my-raven-now-the-gi-goes-out-when-counting-bonus?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.