47%

(211 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 12.00.49 PM (resized).png
giphy.gif
BAFD0923-EC18-44CA-B772-248DAD8A6E0D (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ee (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 2 years ago

Typical GB thread...

(hater) whah, whah, whah...right ramp
(lover) gush, gush gush...shorter post

(hater) whah, whah, whah...airballs
(lover) gush, gush, gush...protector

(hater) whah, whah, whah...SDTM
(lover) gush, gush, gush...adjust

(hater) whah, whah, whah...Scoleri Bros
(lover) gush, gush, gush...risk/reward

(hater) whah, whah, whah...magna slings
(lover) gush, gush, gush...theme integration

(hater) whah, whah, whah...flipper gap
(lover) gush, gush, gush...play better

Bottom line is to make up your own damn mind. You can see the polarized opinions of this game. I'm sure that you knew them before you created the thread. These same Pinsiders (me included) have made the same comments in a hundred different GB threads. No one is going to change anything. You either love it or hate it. Play it on location and take your chances with setup. Buy it and set it up however you want. Or do neither...we'll eagerly await your updated review and our next chance to cut and paste our GB opinions. (kinda)

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Why are you here then? There are hundreds of other threads waiting for you. I personally enjoy debating about specific machines, and I haven't participated in those other threads.

Don't get me wrong. I love this game, and I love talking about it too. My point is that when it comes to GB emotions run strong. Every argument has a rebuttal, but swaying a hater to a lover is just as difficult as doing the reverse. GB is really two games and has two personalities.

It's virtually unplayable out of the box. Is that a design flaw? Yes. Should a game play right when you buy it? Yes. But are all of the issues fixable? Yes. On location, most of these issues go unadjusted. In the home it just takes time and a little additional expense. Once that's done, it's an amazing game.

But not everything people hate is a flaw, and not everything people hate can be "fixed". The magna-slings are a great example. Have I had an amazing game torpedoed by them? More than once. Do I hate them? No. Because I can just hit start and go again. On location, or in competition, that isn't an option.

On my machine I've tweaked and adjusted to the point that I've been one mode away from finishing the game more than once. And that's with stock flippers, no center post, and factory settings (except replay gives an extra ball). Is that story going to change anyone's mind? Sadly, no.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside