47%

(211 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 12.00.49 PM (resized).png
giphy.gif
BAFD0923-EC18-44CA-B772-248DAD8A6E0D (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ee (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 2 years ago

Welcome to 2016, Dr. Gonzo.

I almost got run out of here with torches and pitchforks for declaring that this is the worst game ever made in the history of the known universe.

Speaking of torches, I'll pass my torch of being the "GB sucks" guy to you...ENJOY! Wonder if you'll get as many boots 'n bans as I did...lol.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

In all fairness, you were a hero at injecting that opinion into every.single.thread. and..... Even after reading them, I still bought and love my LE

giphy.gif
#93 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Ghostbusters is a great game. Just because it's hard doesn't make it a bad design. #PlayBetter.

It’s literally the worst design. Playing better doesn’t stop the manga-slings from dropping the ball STDM, airballs launching the ball STDM, saucers shooting the ball STDM, balls rolling back on poorly designed ramps, balls hopping the inlane to outlane, balls rattling through the orbit and flinging STDM.

One can’t play better on a game that’s unplayable.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Ha, just getting caught up. I took a 3 or 4 year break from pinside so I suppose I've missed a lot. I remember you from years ago, even back on KLOV if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunate I missed joining your GB despise. From the comments here maybe I would like the pro better, I haven't had a chance to play it.

Oh that was a long time ago. Is KLOV even active anymore? I haven’t been over there in quite some time. But yeah, you missed the spacial anomaly in the space-time continuoum that happened in 2016 with the release of Goatf****rs. The game was so vile, our very reality was split in two. Goatf****fs is obviously a horrible game in every possible respect, right? We became flooded with doppelgängers from some kind of opposite dimension where shitty games are good, and good games are bad. So, as you can plainly see, this rabbit cult of Goatf****ng enthusiasts is from that other dimension....the worst game ever somehow is absolutely excellent to them. It’s bizarre. Now that you know the truth, welcome to the battle against the Shitty Game Cultists!!!! TO WAAAAAAARRRR!!!!!!

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Flipper gap still sucks.. and I know this is common with JT games, but for some reason it just hurts more on GB.

There are two problems with the gap.

1. It’s wider than Pedojohn’s normal gap. A friend from Stern told me this was a mistake, but was caught too late to change. (There goes the great design theory)

2. Design elements like gaps don’t exist in a vacuum. It has to take into account the rest of the design & the game’s rules. Most of Pedojohn’s earlier games had simple rules and easier layouts...like Congo, for example. Even with the gap, Congo’s not that hard to keep a game going - and even you aren’t good at it, the rules are very simple (collect the diamonds, pretty much). So a a bigger gap on a pin like that is fine. With Goatf****rs’ other punishing design elements & linear multi-mode ruleset, the extra wide gap is just purely poorly planned design. On top of that - once Dwight knew how the game played, he should have designed the rules to work better with a brutal gameplay design. He didn’t, and unfortunately that made the game worse.

#111 2 years ago

I can only assume this is someone from the Goatf***ing dimension, some cultist who loves horrible games and hates amazing games. Whatevs, that's the unfortunate reality of our world now...we're divided by people with no facts and horrible ideas. Makes sense that pinball became polarized as well. Goatf****rs is the red hat of games.

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 12.00.49 PM (resized).png
#112 2 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

2. A lot of innovation and toys. People complain that stern doesn't innovate or include toys and then when they do all the people do is bitch about the toys and innovation.

What toys? Booger on a string is the only toy. Plastic molds like Stay Puft & containment unit are just molds that don't do anything. Decorations, not actual pinball toys.

C. Magna slings. Talk about innovation. They redesigned one of Pinballs oldest mechs to act like a ghost is playing with the ball. Who could hate on this?

Innovation without fun is pointless. Who could hate on this? Everyone who's ever had the stupid f*cking slings just whirl the ball and drop it down the 10 foot gap.

D. A moving slimer toy that pops in and out of play. No mick on a stick here.

Booger on a string. Why is that better? Mick on a stick was far more satisfying to hit & had better rules attached to it.

E. playfield pop ups. Fits the theme perfectly too!

Drop targets. Been done before and better. Other games don't fling the ball over the flippers and STDM.

G. A completely original layout.

Doesn't matter if it plays like trash.

Worst design? -- more like the most innovative and theme integrated design Stern has ever put out. Well, better than Avengers at least (disclaimer: I've never played the Avengers).

I mean, this right here....what else is there to say. Someone saying something definitively without experience or evidence.

I HAVE played Avengers...actually owned one, and while like GB it's a shitshow out of the box, once dialed in, it's a much better game. Not a great game...it's basically Monster Bash that gets easier as you progress since everything becomes a multiball...but I had many fun & satisfying games on it. Avenger's biggest design problem is - strangely - the slings! The wood holes that the sling switches poke through are smaller than most games, so the switch actually hits the wood and BENDS back....and I tried a million things to stop this from happening and just couldn't. Due to this design flaw, Avengers will lose sling sensitivity after a handful of games. The worst aspect of its design that doesn't really get mentioned.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

All that negativity about the Magna slings. In JJPOTC the disc throws the ball also STDM, in TRON the disc does so sometimes, it is part of the game. The magna slings are i.m.h.o. great fitting the theme like the disc in Tron.

False equivalency. Tron’s disc is at the top of the playfield. The player shoots it on purpose. When the ball comes down, you can react. You also have a normal gap. Manga sling is right by the flippers, stops the ball dead center in the middle of the huge gap, and just drains. It’s a bullshit, poorly conceived feature. Clear example of “wouldn’t this be cool?” vs. “would this be functional or fun?”

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Easiest solution: hit the start button and flip another game.

Never. Not into self torture.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Frankly most of his games were poorly conceived, he only got lucky 3 times, Creech, Congo and Dredd.

You're being generous. I say he got lucky once. Congo. lol

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I was with you up untill the point where you disrespected THE LAW...!

LOL, actually Dredd is a pretty cool machine...I could just never really get into it. The physical design IS pretty bonkers...it's really like a theme park under glass with the amount of crazy stuff going on.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

And it's the undisputed best 1400$ game

Hey, Dredd was an $800 game all day long back when I was snappin' up pins off CL all the time!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside