47%

(211 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 12.00.49 PM (resized).png
giphy.gif
BAFD0923-EC18-44CA-B772-248DAD8A6E0D (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ee (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I don’t enjoy the game and I’ll never understand the gushing over the art. All of the translates look awful.

Is there anything you like in any game? Starting to think not.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

They're buying some plastic protector like kit that spans the gap between the flippers and dangles a center post from above. As far as I know, people aren't actually drilling the play field with this mod, so at least it's reversible.

The kit comes with a plastic centerpost that mounts from above. Mine snapped off after 2 months of use from constantly getting drilled. I replaced it with a metal one. You still get plenty of center drains on balls that come down at an angle and miss the center post.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I really hate this argument. The game should be setup properly from the factory. I've played many GB's and they all have issues that make gameplay frustrating. I cannot think of any other modern game that is like that. I like a lot of the elements of GB but as a whole it just doesn't work. Worst for me is balls that hop, skip, and jump over inlanes and flippers as well as cheap drains. You end up where most games are just an exercise in keeping the ball for draining. Not fun. Then there is the useless right ramp and unbalanced scoring. I do really like the drop targets in the middle of the pf. Reminds me of CC and really like that part of gameplay. I wish more games had that feature. It's risky hitting them but I kind of like that.

There is a location game near me that has had one for 2.5 years, and the owner refuses to adjust the scoop power to stop from sending the ball SDTM every time. They shipped from the factory like that, and can be fixed in under a minute.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I have the pro (never played the premium) and the right ramp sucks on it too. I turned off the Scoleri Brothers because hitting them frequently led to the ball bouncing back OVER the flippers or outlane rails and about 20% of the time a direct and hard hit didn't even drop them. It is way better with them gone. I also got the mod with a center post and outlane blockers. All of this has made it a great game IMO.

The key is to practice not hitting them dead center. I make sure I try to graze them, and that keeps me out of trouble.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

and final code is coming.

Highly doubtful at this juncture.

#99 2 years ago

I'm aware of the carrot flipper mod, but I'm wondering how much a slightly longer flipper would alter the shot geometry. Another reason for the brutality is the angle of the slingshots. They are steeper than usual, which leads so some for power drains in the out lanes.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I have my carrot flippers lower than the setting on a normal Pinball as that's how they have it designed from factory....Don't know if I raised it to a normal position if it would make the shots harder to hit.

I think if you make the flippers in line with the guide, it would make the right scoop darn near impossible to hit.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

It doesn't change the shot geometry at all for the shots that are already being played. You make the same shot from the same distance on the flipper. Example; to make shot X you are shooting the ball when it gets 2.5 inches down the flipper. Doesn't matter if it's a 3" flipper or a 4" flipper. it's still the same shot 2.5" down the flipper. You are not moving the position of the flipper, just making it longer. Also, the carrot flipper is the same thickness as a regular flipper. The added length is just narrower.
On the other hand, now you have a little extra flipper to make new shots you didn't have before.

I think I may fab up a new flipper mount rod setup and make new flipper bats to get them to the same gap as Guardians of the Galaxy and see how it plays. Might be an interesting experiment.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside