47%

(211 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 12.00.49 PM (resized).png
giphy.gif
BAFD0923-EC18-44CA-B772-248DAD8A6E0D (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ee (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the "change my mind" thing is supposed to be used when a majority of people don't agree with you.

"great games" don't have major flaws.

To be fair, the OP set a pretty low bar here. We just have to convince him it's not the worst in the modern era (anybody want to start throwing other games under the bus?).

#109 2 years ago

On the other hand isn't it Stern's best seller?

Anyway - some positives as we are supposed to be changing the guy's mind people (It's in the title of the thread!):

1. Great Art. Frankly, unbelievably great art in a licensed theme. Can you imagine the PF plastered with clip art photos of the ghost buster actors?
2. A lot of innovation and toys. People complain that stern doesn't innovate or include toys and then when they do all the people do is bitch about the toys and innovation.

A parital list:
A. Holographic toy showing ghosts. How awesome is that, it even fits the theme unlike DI.
B. Subways. It's one of the features people missed most on newer sterns. Ghostbusters has one!
C. Magna slings. Talk about innovation. They redesigned one of Pinballs oldest mechs to act like a ghost is playing with the ball. Who could hate on this?
D. A moving slimer toy that pops in and out of play. No mick on a stick here.
E. playfield pop ups. Fits the theme perfectly too!
F. Captive/newton balls that behave in a cool way.
G. A completely original layout.

Worst design? -- more like the most innovative and theme integrated design Stern has ever put out. Well, better than Avengers at least (disclaimer: I've never played the Avengers).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside