• 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MikeO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171016_141440 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Perhaps not "the rest of your life", but a fairly long time, or maybe not, it's hard to tell and can be fairly random. I do believe they made quite a few of them. Hopefully you didn't pay too much!

I agree, do not start on a restoration or really any work before you find the head.

While other 4-player heads *CLOSE TO THE YEAR* will certainly not match up to the wiring of Fast Draw, it may be worth looking into how close they are to others. Unfortunately due to the extremely unfortunate copyrights over Gottlieb material, this is difficult - but if you order a Fast Draw schematic (they can be bought just not easily found online) I have a few similar schematics I downloaded that we could compare to see how wide your range for searching could be, with minor adjustments in wiring needed of course.

Just shoot me a PM if you have or find a schematic for your game and I'll start comparing them for you!

ALSO: An interesting thing to note is that I believe heads are swappable so if you find a TWO-PLAYER "Quick Draw" head, it should fit if I am not mistaken. All parts that differentiate 2-player machines and 4-player machines with the same rules, artwork, and designs (carbon copy ones) are usually in the head. (Perhaps minus the relay bank relays?)

This also means you could possibly rewire two-player heads too, so it opens up the possibilities a little bit, but rewiring would work would certainly be needed, if possible/optimal at all.

#4 6 years ago

Yes, the heads are different sizes (only taller/shorter) but I mean if you find an entire 2-player complete head you should be able to put it on, well you definitely will be able to physically, but I mean wiring-compatability wise. (Perhaps with some minor wiring changes still)

You can order a schematic from Pinball Resource or Marco Specialities. I personally highly recommend Marco Specialities. I buy from them often, and they are the only one of the two that have online ordering.

At least it gives you a starting base on what kind of heads may be a close match to rig up via other schematics that others (like me) may have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chances-on-finding-fast-draw-head?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.