Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Banker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jafar-2 (resized).jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

I've seen a few on here speculating that the next Stern after the recently leaked Aerosmith is going to be a new Star Wars. I read a while back on here that some thought it was going to be Batman 66, followed by Aerosmith, then Star Wars. What are the chances of these rumors being true since Batman 66 and Aerosmith ended up happening.

#2 7 years ago

I heard Star Wars to be late in 2017 with something else after Aerosmith

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from cards25:

I can see stern squeezing in a POTC VE since the Dead Men Tell No Tales comes out May 26th 2017... They have Star Wars in their back pocket and have a great relationship with Disney. I can't see them releasing it just to release it, they might wait for the trilogy to finish for a more complete story line and not base the pin around one movie. I'm pretty sure they know they will literally sell out every LE, SUPER DOOPER LE SUPER TRIPPLE DEATH STAR EDITION LE, YODA LE, HAN SOLO LE, DARK SIDE LE, JEDI LE, FROZEN MY BANK ACCOUNT IN CARBONITE LE It's literally PRINTING money for Stern this title no doubt about it. Despite prices people i hate to say it even non pin heads Star Wars collectors are NUTS and will gladly give Stern their hard earned cash for this title ! I have a feeling this title will ultimately end up being similar to AC/DC various models...and a LONGGGGG run to satisfy as many as they can so long as they retain the license.

#4 7 years ago

Yeah it's happening just a matter of when. Hope they get all the Playfield issues lined by then as I'd love to see what they come up with. Rumor is Steve Ritchie to design.

#5 7 years ago

They should make one for each movie in the trilogy. Imagine having all three lined up next to each other. One can dream anyway...

#6 7 years ago

man i seriously hope so.
    i just hope stern doesn't go crazy on price again but than again it's star wars, people will line up to buy this one.
    hope it's lyman on the code, that game has to be perfect.

#7 7 years ago

I'm very interested in a new Star Wars pin but am concerned of releasing one now with only one of the new trilogy released.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I'm pretty sure they know they will literally sell out every LE, SUPER DOOPER LE SUPER TRIPPLE DEATH STAR EDITION LE, YODA LE, HAN SOLO LE, DARK SIDE LE, JEDI LE, FROZEN MY BANK ACCOUNT IN CARBONITE LE

Don't forget about the Collector's Editions.

#9 7 years ago

We already have Stern Stars. That's close enough for O-din and me.

#10 7 years ago

Ep. VII 2015
    Ep. VIII 2017
    *Ep. IX 2019 .... That's my guess, if this schedule holds true exactly 3 years from now is when you will see Star Wars trilogy based on the latest flicks, perhaps ( & hopefully) with some type of homage to the original movies. You have plenty of time as everyone knows it's not IF Star Wars gets released it's When... and I say 2019. Game will likely get revealed at expo in 2019 around the same time as now in October for a Christmas release. You gotta strike while the iron is hot and that's when it's gotta come out. I suspect the prem. Will have the existing LCD type set up you see in Batman / Aerosmith and the LE / SLE will have the entire back box as a huge LCD. I could totally also see this OR preying Jaws being a Wide Body. You're gonna need a bigger playfield . Sorry to get side tracked , The only thing I can see JJP IF they manage to acquire the license would be Harry Potter to compete with Star Wars at the time of its release. Both movies have a huge fan base following. Star Wars :The Pin etc I really wouldn't be surprised if it's being secretly worked on already for a 2019 release that's how big of a title it is. I'm sure many other Star Wars speculation, rumors, idea, finger crossing threads will continue to pop up leading into 2019...

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

have a great relationship with Disney.

Wondering why you say that...That's def not what I've heard from a pretty reliable source.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Wondering why you say that...That's def not what I've heard from a pretty reliable source.

I'm sure Stern has some type of an agreement with Disney that's all
    I'm saying. Well let's see what Disney owns (probably missing some) ,

Tron is Disney ... Stern
    POTC is Disney ... Stern
    Spider Man VE Disney ... Stern
    Avengers Disney...Stern
    X-Men Disney... Stern
    Iron Man VE Disney...Stern
    Avatar (likely you will see an VE with the new movies about to drop) Disney ... Stern
    Disney owns ABC which is what Batman was on...hmm makes you wonder.
    Aerosmith .. Disney has a rollercoaster in the park not sure relationship beyond that but Aerosmith Pin 2017...Stern
    Star Wars Disney........?????.
    *Toy Story 2018 will likely come out prior to Star Wars from stern.. you guessed it Disney.

See the trend ?

And side note I know it sounds crazy but I'd be willing to bet eventually Stern will make a Pin dedicated to the Disney World / Parks... I.e Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Magic Kingdom. With a ton of rides, characters, etc it would make an epic Pin.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I'm sure Stern has some type of an agreement with Disney that's all
    I'm saying. Well let's see what Disney owns (probably missing some) ,
    Tron is Disney ... Stern
    POTC is Disney ... Stern
    Spider Man VE Disney ... Stern
    Avengers Disney...Stern
    X-Men Disney... Stern
    Iron Man VE Disney...Stern
    Star Wars Disney........?????.
    See the trend ?

Uh yeah, obviously I see the trend, but as I said the info I have is the relationship is not great and yes they have the license already for Star Wars but that doesn't meant they have a "great" relationship. My contact is pretty reliable and I've heard Disney hasn't been happy with some of the pins.

#14 7 years ago

I think, originally the rumor was sometime between CES 2017 and TPF in 2017. As slow as this year has been with releases, GB dragging ass, PBR yawnfest, Batman 66 & the Aerosmith leak, it seems like Aerosmith will be at CES. I suppose they could show Star Wars at TPF but more likely I'm thinking it will be Expo next year (at earliest) before we see a Star Wars pin.

I really hope that whatever they come up with isn't targeted exclusively to the new trilogy movies.

About a year ago I sold my DE Star Wars thinking a Star Wars pin was imminent. I recently picked up another to hold-me-over but also I've seriously considered just making or retheming to a Star Wars theme as a personal project. Until then, really looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Uh yeah, obviously I see the trend, but as I said the info I have is the relationship is not great and yes they have the license already for Star Wars but that doesn't meant they have a "great" relationship. My contact is pretty reliable and I've heard Disney hasn't been happy with some of the pins.

I know, POTC and TRON were such dogs...

#16 7 years ago

If Stern works it out right with Disney...my thought is that they would release Star Wars trilogy 4, 5 and 6 in 2017 (already have all of the video they need for their new Spike 2 system. Potentially release a Rogue One Pin, but highly doubt it. Boba Fett / and Han Solo movie being released in 2018. Popular characters would make for a great themed Pin, along with artwork. Dec 2017 episode #8 releases. 2019 new trilogy pin...7, 8 and 9 announced in December/January 2020. Between now and 2020 they could launch 3-4 pins. It would be a lot of Star Wars but Stern would make a mint!

#17 7 years ago

If Stern is going to make one game of each movie, then I hope they let each of their designers do one each. That would make them unique.
    Or if they do one game of each trilogy.

#18 7 years ago

You can get a DE Star Wars, Sega SW Trilogy and Williams SW Ep 1. for less than what a new Stern one is going to cost. Just sayin'.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You can get a DE Star Wars, Sega SW Trilogy and Williams SW Ep 1. for less than what a new Stern one is going to cost. Just sayin'.

None of which are any good.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I know, POTC and TRON were such dogs...

Just because the public likes a product doesn't mean the license holder was happy with it. Two very different things.

#21 7 years ago

I think it is a certainty. Like others here, I think it will happen in conjunction with episode 9. I can't wait.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Just because the public likes a product doesn't mean the license holder was happy with it. Two very different things.

Again, Disney hated them so much they put them all over their theme parks and resorts.

#23 7 years ago

At this point who really gives a shit. The Pro is going to be $6K +.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Again, Disney hated them so much they put them all over their theme parks and resorts.

So sorry for repeating information given to me. It won't happen again.

#25 7 years ago

I would be thrilled if Stern makes a proper pin for Eps IV-VI, especially with then new screen and everything, with Lyman on code. If we get one of those in 2017 and then another Pin for Eps VII-IX in 2019, that sounds just perfect.

#26 7 years ago

If JJP or DP has Star wars than i hope they announce it yesterday. If Stern has the license, i think I rather have them wait a few years. So they can improve themselves in using the videoscreen.

I think star wars is one of the biggest licenses and needs a top 5 pin. Almost garanteed by JJP, DP will be fantastic minimum but i really hope Stern can blow us away, but my hopes are not that high and i am afraid we will see a generetic undercoded stern pin again.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You source is wrong.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Just curious how you know this or who you know and was it the general feeling across the board of Disney or just certain people?

#29 7 years ago

It is the title after Aerosmith and it is Stern for sure.

#30 7 years ago

If they could sell it for $15k+, there is a good chance they will make it.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Just curious how you know this or who you know and was it the general feeling across the board of Disney or just certain people?

It was told to me directly from a Disney employee. That would know. And no it wasn't Mickey or Goofy. As far as a general feeling or just individuals I'm not sure. I can ask. It was said to me more than once for what it's worth.

Imagine that? Someone asks a direct question, instead of being a dick, and it gets answered. What a concept. Thank you.

CaptainKirk, errr Air_pinball, and shacklers can make assumptions all they want. I'll keep on trusting my source.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

None of which are any good.

And there's no guarantee this will be either. You are willing to spend 8-10k for the theme alone....you're prepared to order before playing it. Why not get 3 games with that theme instead?

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from cards25:

any idea of what "something else" may be?

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So sorry for repeating information given to me. It won't happen again.

Hey! This is Sternside...errr...I mean Pinside. You are not allowed to tell facts that don't put Stern in a positive light. Too many here can't take that..pitchforks will come out!

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Some VE

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Hey! This is Sternside...errr...I mean Pinside. You are not allowed to tell facts that don't put Stern in a positive light. Too many here can't take that..pitchforks will come out!

Stone me please!!!!

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It was told to me directly from a Disney employee. That would know. And no it wasn't Mickey or Goofy.

It was their head of licensing, wasn't it?

jafar-2 (resized).jpgjafar-2 (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It was their head of licensing, wasn't it?

Why don't you just put me on ignore like you said you were Kirk...

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Why don't you just put me on ignore like you said you were Kirk...

You have good things to say from time to time.

You're failure rate isn't 100%.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You have good things to say from time to time.
    You're failure rate isn't 100%.

Well that makes me feel better. Yours isn't either FYI

#41 7 years ago

Air_Pinball MinusWorlds - Please note that my dad can beat your dad. Now let's move along

#42 7 years ago

My dog's better than your dog.

#43 7 years ago

Sorry but Avatar isn't disney...
    Avatar 2 is scheduled for december 2018

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Stern has the Iron Maiden license as well as Mark Ritchie working on Pulp Fiction, so maybe one of those?

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Imagine that? Someone asks a direct question, instead of being a dick, and it gets answered. What a concept. Thank you.
    CaptainKirk, errr Air_pinball, and shacklers can make assumptions all they want. I'll keep on trusting my source.

Oh for christs sake, relax and pipe down. Your claims don't add up in my book so naturally I question your information. Your source could be a wind bag for all I know. But what I do know is, Disney has to approve the art direction when Stern submits their samples. Some are rejected, some are not. This has pretty much always been the way with anything licensed, so with that said, Disney has allowed and approved of whatever concepts they've put into production so far, so the claim makes little sense to me but believe what you want, I could care less.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

Stern has the Iron Maiden license as well as Mark Ritchie working on Pulp Fiction, so maybe one of those?

I do NOT want to see The Gimp mode.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I do NOT want to see The Gimp mode.

Wake up the Gimp!

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

2017 release for Pulp Fiction? Another boutique game or cornerstone? I'm interested! This excites me more than Star Wars. New Star Wars might be great, but I already own the DE version and there have been so many of them.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

JAWS ?

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

2017 release for Pulp Fiction?

I hope it has a mode where you pull the watch out.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chances-of-stern-star-wars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.