2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I don't think anyone has posted this information yet, so I will do so. It relates to both a place to play in the Harrisburg area and River City Pinball. I had the pleasant experience of playing pins yesterday at Champions Sports Bar & Grill in Highspire PA (near Harrisburg). Website here:

http://championssportsbar.us/

The current games there are the following:

JP (Stern), GNR (JJP), TMNT, T2, F-14, Elvira HOH (Stern), CFTBL

All have color displays and by appearance look to be in great shape. I only had a chance to play GNR (superb--starting a song really rocks) for $1 and Creature for 50 cents. Creature plays well (a weak left flipper but otherwise just great) but had a credit dot, and the only thing I noticed was that when I got high scores on Creature I could not enter them--the game went right to the high score menu flipper entry and as soon as I tried the first letter it exited to the welcome screen. This happened repeatedly.

Also noteworthy is the masking policy at Champions. The signage said that there is no mask requirement and that those who enter without masks will be assumed to be fully vaccinated. Since I am, it was nice to be able to play without a mask.

Also noteworthy is that the director of the River City Pinball tournaments tells me that Champions is the new location for the league (although the River City Pinball site is not yet updated). He also notes that River City Pinball is only holding small private leagues until things open back up again. So no tournaments as of yet. As far as playing at Champions, he advised to call first to make sure they don't have a private event in the room with the pinball machines. They host private events sometimes in that area, so it's best to check first.

I hope that's helpful, and it's definitely worth checking out Champions if you're in the Harrisburg area. Great food too.

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for the update Spyderturbo007--much appreciated. Looking forward to future visits.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JOESCHALL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champions-sports-bar-and-grill-in-highspire-pa?tu=JOESCHALL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.