I recently acquired a Champion Pub (CP) with some issues and I am at an impasse as to what the problem can be. Before I start throwing parts at it, I thought I would ask my fellow pinside members if they have had similar issues and what they did to resolve them. If I forget to include a detail please let me know so I can take additional pictures and or conduct additional tests. running Version 1.4
1. All fuses pulled from boards and tested working.
2. On power up all balls are ejected from trough.
3. All solenoids and lights test ok. All motors function no DMD problems.
4. Top led at bottom left of MPU is off, middle is blinking, and bottom is on. All the LED's on other boards are on when 12V switch is engaged.
5. Upon start up I get a ground short WHT-GRY, half the switches do not work and all opts do not register. If I remove the WHT-GRY from MPU the bottom row turns off in switch test but I still do not have half the switches working and no optos. If I unplug the power to the opto board, bottom row turns off in switch test, I get all switches to work, still no optos.
Do I have a bad opto board or a bad MPU? There is no acid damage to MPU and as far as I can tell there are no blown components that I can visually see on front sides of boards. Any assistance is much appreciated.