IMG_0524 (resized).JPG
IMG_0568 (resized).JPG
IMG_0531 (resized).JPG
IMG_0567 (resized).JPG
IMG_0613 (resized).JPG
IMG_0618 (resized).JPG
IMG_0616 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

I recently acquired a Champion Pub (CP) with some issues and I am at an impasse as to what the problem can be. Before I start throwing parts at it, I thought I would ask my fellow pinside members if they have had similar issues and what they did to resolve them. If I forget to include a detail please let me know so I can take additional pictures and or conduct additional tests. running Version 1.4

1. All fuses pulled from boards and tested working.

2. On power up all balls are ejected from trough.

3. All solenoids and lights test ok. All motors function no DMD problems.

4. Top led at bottom left of MPU is off, middle is blinking, and bottom is on. All the LED's on other boards are on when 12V switch is engaged.

5. Upon start up I get a ground short WHT-GRY, half the switches do not work and all opts do not register. If I remove the WHT-GRY from MPU the bottom row turns off in switch test but I still do not have half the switches working and no optos. If I unplug the power to the opto board, bottom row turns off in switch test, I get all switches to work, still no optos.

Do I have a bad opto board or a bad MPU? There is no acid damage to MPU and as far as I can tell there are no blown components that I can visually see on front sides of boards. Any assistance is much appreciated.
IMG_0524 (resized).JPGIMG_0524 (resized).JPGIMG_0526 (resized).JPGIMG_0526 (resized).JPGIMG_0527 (resized).JPGIMG_0527 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0530 (resized).JPGIMG_0530 (resized).JPGIMG_0531 (resized).JPGIMG_0531 (resized).JPGIMG_0567 (resized).JPGIMG_0567 (resized).JPGIMG_0568 (resized).JPGIMG_0568 (resized).JPGIMG_0613 (resized).JPGIMG_0613 (resized).JPGIMG_0616 (resized).JPGIMG_0616 (resized).JPGIMG_0618 (resized).JPGIMG_0618 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

SOLVED! I decided to replace all 5 chips on the OPTO board and success! All OPTO's and switches work flawlessly now. A visual inspection of old chips seemed fine and I had no way to electronically test the chips, so I removed all five and socketed them with new 339 chips. A replacement 16 OPTO was going to run me over 130 shipped from Australia so all in all I have a solid OPTO board with socket chips!

IMG_0631 (resized).JPGIMG_0631 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-williams-opto-driver-pcb-or-wpc-95-issues- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.