Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mtgedney
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys, my Champion Pub has gone on the fritz. I am guessing it is something misreading the switch matrix or some other logic problem. When you turn on the machine. The auto launch fires ball after ball. If you start a game, the left and right sling shots go crazy and continually pop. The coils are not locked on but cycle every second or so. None of the saucers register and machine wont even bother to do a ball search. Sometimes, the balls will continually fire from the ball trough as if it is an endless multiball. I've read something before about that problem in WPC games but not sure if it is related to the slingshots constantly firing and neither saucer on the left side of the playfield registering during play?

In test, all the coils fire correctly. Switch edge test shows the left and right ramp up are closed. If the coin door is closed, both slingshot will continually fire.

I checked all the connectors in the back box. I even tried a quick shot gun of replacing the IC at U20. No change. Any ideas of what this could be?

#2 4 years ago

I'd check the voltage test points on your driver board. See if any are low or missing.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Turn the machine off. Raise the playfield. Find your 20 switch opto board. Reseat all the connectors to the board. See if that makes any difference. If not,
put the machine in switch test mode. Unplug J205 and J212 at the cpu board. See if the two closed switches open up. If they don't, then it is a CPU board problem. If they do then it is probably on the playfield or the opto board. The opto board in CP does swap to NGG or the new 16 switch 2.0 for SS and STTNG.
Hope this helps.

3 weeks later
#4 4 years ago

I couldn't find 212 on my board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-switch-matrix-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.