Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by guymontag451
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Looking at picking up a Champion Pub but the boxers right arm is apparently not working. Anyone have an idea of how tough/expensive of a fix this is?

#2 8 years ago

As long as the coil is there, look for a loose wire. If it's missing the coil, good luck because they are more rare than diamonds. If you do resolder a loose wire make sure it's not exposed or you'll short out the machine and probably blow some chips on the power board. Good luck!

#3 8 years ago

If the coil is bad,the boxer will pretty much have to be taken completely apart.If you like tinkering with mechanical things it will be fun.Take your time and study each move you make as it comes apart.If you need a coil,don't waste your time looking for the exact one.I could show you what I did for mine if it comes to it.Don't let this problem stop you from buying this pin if the price is right.Most likely it will cost you $6.00 for a coil and a little patience.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks guys! Gives me some ideas of what to look for when I check it...Any other gotcha's with this pin when test driving?

#5 8 years ago

The Ball trough. Mine had one that the balls got stuck in and I replaced it with a revised one. I guess this was a common problem.
The arms can be problematic. The shoulder post in the boxer arms can strip out but they can be filed flat and fixed as I did. The coil wires to the arms can get pinched from the boxers movement. The coils can be hard to find but Brokedad posted a link a while back to a place that made them.

Check for broken ramps and plastics as the ball flies around a lot in that game.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

The arms can be problematic. The shoulder post in the boxer arms can strip out but they can be filed flat and fixed as I did

I will second that, the op at the bar I work at had put a CP in our bar for awhile, and the only problem we ever had was with the boxer. Arms not working, or not turning around completely, that sorta thing. Just keep up with it, and you'll be enjoying a fun new pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside