You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2026a (resized).jpg
IMG_2025a (resized).jpg
#1 11 months ago

Hello pinsiders. I acquired a Champion Pub about 2 years ago (made a separate post about it earlier today). When I lifted the game table / playing field to check out a flipper issue, I noticed a loose plastic part sitting on the bottom of the game cabinet, see photos below. Any clue what this part is? Sorry for not putting a quarter/coin in the photos for scale; it is 3.75" x 2.25". It looks like some kind of retaining clip but the "arm" is broken off as you can see. It looks like there might be enough glue surface to repair it if I could figure out where it goes once repaired (or more likely, replaced).

Thank you!

IMG_2025a (resized).jpgIMG_2025a (resized).jpgIMG_2026a (resized).jpgIMG_2026a (resized).jpg
#2 11 months ago

Flipper button opto interruptor.
Common on many games.

IMG_7660 (resized).jpegIMG_7660 (resized).jpeg
#3 11 months ago

Thanks for the reply High_End_Pins! I had a feeling that would be dead simple for the experts here.

And now that makes me think that my two topics could very well be related. My other post is about a broken left flipper. Perhaps someone was repairing the flipper before and just left a broken interruptor in the cabinet by mistake. I'll do some investigation tomorrow when the family is not asleep.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

Thanks for the reply High_End_Pins! I had a feeling that would be dead simple for the experts here.
And now that makes me think that my two topics could very well be related. My other post is about a broken left flipper. Perhaps someone was repairing the flipper before and just left a broken interruptor in the cabinet by mistake. I'll do some investigation tomorrow when the family is not asleep.
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

No problem that’s an easy one.
Yeah the flipper is not going to work without it.
Basically it will lock on because it thinks you are holding the button down
There are two small black plastic U shaped parts mounted on the green board.Those are optos.
When the white plastic(sometimes black) interruptor is at rest it blocks a beam of light that they emit within that U shape.
When the button is pushed it pushes the interruptor back and the beam of light is then uninterrupted and the flipper is activated.
Can’t be done without that part in place.

#5 11 months ago

Thanks again, yeah I took a look at the (working) right flipper and noticed how the interruptor rests in between the U-shaped light emitter. I just got done ordering an interrupter and the whole opto board just in case from Planetary to hopefully resolve my flipper issue. If the interrupter resolves my issue, I'll have a spare opto board.

In the past day I've already learned a ton about pinball machines (at least DMD ones of my CP era). Thanks for the helpful replies and advice.

#6 11 months ago

Thanks all for the help. Marking this one closed as it was clearly the flipper opto interrupter. Bought both a new interrupter and a new opto board assembly. Tried replacing just the interrupter but it ended up being the entire assembly. Flipper works great now!

I will NOT fall in the steps of my predecessor and leave random broken parts strewn around the inside of the game cabinet!

Thank you again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.