You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2604 (resized).jpeg
#1 8 months ago

OK, I assume this applies to any Bally/Williams games of the era that use the same legs, not just CP. But since I have a CP, that’s what I’ll tag it to.

I went to level my game the other day, and the leg levelers were all corroded and nasty so I decided to spend the $10 and order new levelers. When they came in I lifted up the front end of my table and pulled both legs off so that I could install the new levelers along with felt cabinet protectors.

So it turns out those legs have integrated nuts in the feet, as it turns out. And one of them was pretty mangled, making it impossible to remove the leveler without tools.

My question is, is it possible to replace the nut or do I need to buy a new leg? I’m guessing I’ll have to replace the whole leg since I can’t seem to find those nuts on any pinball parts sites. Photos attached. Thanks for any input.

Cheers!

IMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2603 (resized).jpegIMG_2603 (resized).jpegIMG_2604 (resized).jpegIMG_2604 (resized).jpeg
#2 8 months ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

Thanks for any input.

I'd put a vice grip on the top nut hooked to the leg ( or was ) and use a wrench on the old leveler.

Screw in the new leveler. If the nut hooked to the leg turns, hold it with a pliers or something. You could put a nut on top of it and wrench it down.

If the nut is off the leg, I'd try this - Leg Leveler - nut to tighten leg leveler - nut - leg - nut - crank those two together to lock onto the leg.

Or get a new set of legs to go with your new levelers.

LTG : )

#3 8 months ago

@LTG.. beat me ..

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from CelticKnot:

OK, I assume this applies to any Bally/Williams games of the era that use the same legs, not just CP. But since I have a CP, that’s what I’ll tag it to.
I went to level my game the other day, and the leg levelers were all corroded and nasty so I decided to spend the $10 and order new levelers. When they came in I lifted up the front end of my table and pulled both legs off so that I could install the new levelers along with felt cabinet protectors.
So it turns out those legs have integrated nuts in the feet, as it turns out. And one of them was pretty mangled, making it impossible to remove the leveler without tools.
My question is, is it possible to replace the nut or do I need to buy a new leg? I’m guessing I’ll have to replace the whole leg since I can’t seem to find those nuts on any pinball parts sites. Photos attached. Thanks for any input.
Cheers!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you can get everything apart again, run a tap through the legs. That one is really starting to screw up the threads on your leveler. 3/8-16 is the tap that you'll need. And run a die over that one leveler to clean up those threads while you're at it.

#5 8 months ago

Thanks all. I was able to completely back out the leveler with tools. I then re-installed it to a point mid-way on the leveler, and then leveled the table based on that point assuming that point won't ever change. but I'd really like to make it easier. And because that "captive" nut does spin and rattles around, I'm worried that it'll fail at some point.

FWIW this is a HUO game and I intend to keep it for a long time, so I don't mind spending a little money to make it as nice as possible.

Again, can I replace just the nut part or would I have to buy a whole new leg? In which case I'd probably spend the $100 on a new set of legs so they all match.

Quoted from LTG:

Or get a new set of legs to go with your new levelers.
LTG : )

Sounds like new legs may be the way to go.

Regarding the tap/die suggestion, I don't have those tools (yet) but wouldn't be averse to adding them to my tool box.

#6 8 months ago

I'd just get a new set of legs. $59 plus shipping through PL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.