(Topic ID: 18410)

Fs: tz, tftc, and champion pub (has a problem)

By dlbuller

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dlbuller
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tz3.JPG
tz2.JPG
tz1.JPG
tc3.JPG
tc2.JPG
tc1.JPG
cp2.JPG
cp1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Said I would post on the status of the machines. They are spoken for pending payment and the agreement of a pinball tech repairing the Champion Pub. As for that, he came over yesterday and found 10 plus shorts due to solder splatter. Asked the pinsider I purchased it from what he repaired. Said he didn't do that.
Really, I'm not accusing anybody but with the amount of damage on this machine and the problem being from solder splatter, not something being bumped together on the ride home, I have trouble believing this. I suppose its good I'm getting out because otherwise I would be totally angry about the lack of support from him. I am now about 800+ dollars into a machine I bought for 3000, and its really only worth 2800.
Reason I don't believe the whole truth is being told is because I told the pinball tech to contact him with any specific questions about repairs done or anything else he knew (trying to save myself money from a lengthy inspection so I can just dump this machine). The pinball tech said he didn't need to because he had seen some of his machines....and I quote "He doesn't know what he is doing, I looked at several of his machines that he blew up. I will do a complete inspection of your machine."
Apologize if I am out of line by complaining about this, just a little put off and I suppose it doesn't matter because I'm done. Thanks for all the help with my other problems and suggesting things to check. I appreciate it. Maybe sometime down the road I will find something I can deal with. Oh yeah, I found a house; so for now I'm happy

I'm very sorry to hear that and solder splatter can be a pain and worst than WD-40,A lot of times solder splatter happens when the playfield is up and someone with a solder tool goes crazy with it and not realizing how much solder they drip on other parts while solder switches,diodes,wires etc.I have seen solder splatter damage a lot especially on opto boards.

To future pin owner's when soldering under a playfield please be careful and always lay down a towel so solder drip doesn't get everywhere.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Definitely can't afford the hobby anymore. Still like reading on here though

You'll be back...No one leaves the Pin Family for good

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Anybody need a kidney?

I could use some kidney beans.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 132.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Stratford, CT
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-last-cry-for-help?tu=pinmike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.