(Topic ID: 18410)

Fs: tz, tftc, and champion pub (has a problem)

By dlbuller

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dlbuller
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tz3.JPG
tz2.JPG
tz1.JPG
tc3.JPG
tc2.JPG
tc1.JPG
cp2.JPG
cp1.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Don't know what all of these are worth. Please make an offer if you are interested in all 3. Sorry about the post. Was trying to figure out the cp problem. Got frustrated and I'm selling all of my machines hopefully together.

Please somebody suggest something or make me an offer. I'm located in mi. cp1.JPG cp2.JPG tc1.JPG tc2.JPG tc3.JPG tz1.JPG

#2 7 years ago

tz2.JPG tz3.JPG

#3 7 years ago

Sounds like you have a short that is frying the board. Do you get it to play at all?

#4 7 years ago

Yeah I played it for about 30 seconds.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Yeah I played it for about 30 seconds.

Where did you get this pin?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Just turned it on again. Gnd short row 1.

Take apart the boxer and be sure to check the coils that fire for the arms don't have any bare wire hitting metal. I fried a few chips on my CPU board because of this, and these coils don't exist for sale anywhere, so sometimes they are hacked and soldered straight to the copper wire wrapped around the coil. You may have to go in and clean up that work if that's the problem. Good luck!

Another tip (I guess if you want to call it that), put two pinball machines next to one another with stainless side rails. Hold your forearm across both machines with the CP on and you'll feel if you have a short or not, trust me, you should be able to tell, I know I could. It's not painful, just awkward feeling.

#7 7 years ago

BTW, after you fix the short, you will have to replace the ULN2038 (I think that's the number) chip on the CPU, forget which one.

#8 7 years ago

Here is a thread where I had a problem with mine and the fix. I ended up having to watch and see what caused the fail while playing. Hate to say it but you board is fried again and you are going to need another security chip I would bet.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-issues

#9 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Kind of hoping somebody will just buy this. I think I developed the wrong attitude about pinball from this machine. Not liking it at all anymore. Mainly because day 1 it broke.

Edit if anybody wants it, I'll give you the second wpc95 CPU board too. It's a brand new rottendog board.

#10 7 years ago

Might even do a package deal with twilight zone, tftc, and champion pub. Anybody interested?

#11 7 years ago

Got it from a pinsider.

#12 7 years ago

Tz works fine. Has a broken rubber from being moved. In decent shape.
Tftc is really nice. Has pinball pro speakers and full led
Champion pub is in nice shape just pisses me off

Make an offer or ask for pics if really interested.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Another tip (I guess if you want to call it that), put two pinball machines next to one another with stainless side rails. Hold your forearm across both machines with the CP on and you'll feel if you have a short or not, trust me, you should be able to tell, I know I could. It's not painful, just awkward feeling.

That could also occur because of non-grounded plugs. Neither my Space Shuttle or Pinbot had the prong on the plug...had it happen ALL the time, drove me crazy. Replaced the plug on them, problem gone.

#15 7 years ago

Looking to dump them all quick before I change my mind. . Pretty frustrated right now plus the money would help as I'm trying to buy a house.

#16 7 years ago

sorry for the blurry pics. if somebody is interested in all 3, ill take as many as you want.

#17 7 years ago

Bump for immediate sale hopefully.

#18 7 years ago

Pm sent

#19 7 years ago

I got 1000+ shipping. That work?

Best of luck on your sale, I guess. Personally, if the other two work I would just boot CP and see if not having it around fixes your mood.

#20 7 years ago

Don't know if it's fair but was hoping to get 8k for all 3. Too high?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Please make an offer if you are interested in all 3.

ALL 3??? But I can only fit one in my 2007 PT Cruiser. I would have to make 3 trips and gas, along with fatigue, would kill the deal lol.

I want that Tales so bad and the TZ if I knew I was in that league to make a respectable offer for it

Can I PM an offer for just the Tales??? Please?

#22 7 years ago

I sent a PM on the CP. Please let me know what you're thinking on it.

Thanks.

#23 7 years ago

Really trying to dump all 3. Before I change my mind.

#24 7 years ago

I don't want this to sound rude...I really don't...honest If you are that queezy about selling it will be a turn off for buyers. Reason is many worry about spending time and effort and then ultimately getting stung by a queezy person backing out here in the forum, backing out while the buyer is driving 100-200-300-or more miles to do the deal, or backing out once the buyer arrives and is ready to fork out the cash.

I wish I was in a position for all 3 but I am not. That aside...if someone does do the 3 deal I hope you both follow through

#25 7 years ago

If somebody drove that far and didn't try to lowball me. I would sell. But you're entitled to your opinion and I suppose I would say that's the risk you take. Truth is I don't want to sell them. With 8k in my face I would. I'm just done pissing around on them.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

If somebody drove that far and didn't try to lowball me. I would sell. But you're entitled to your opinion and I suppose I would say that's the risk you take. Truth is I don't want to sell them. With 8k in my face I would. I'm just done pissing around on them.

I'm guessing you just want or need cash? If not I'd seriously consider trading my ACDC LTBR #185 for the 3 machines.

#27 7 years ago

I think we could work something out on all three. Shoot me a pm and we'll talk.

#29 7 years ago

Im looking for a TZ if someone wants to partner up on the 3 PM me.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Looking to dump them all quick before I change my mind. . Pretty frustrated right now plus the money would help as I'm trying to buy a house.

The silence is deafening. Does that mean you changed your mind?

Tom

#31 7 years ago

No, sorry. Ive been busy with work. Ive had a lot of PMs and haven't gotten to them all yet. Ive been house hunting with my wife. I have somebody looking at them this week.

#32 7 years ago

PM sent as well - interested in the set. Please let us know if they go away this weekend.

#33 7 years ago

Will let you know Monday night most likely.

#34 7 years ago

I sent another PM also.

#35 7 years ago

Said I would post on the status of the machines. They are spoken for pending payment and the agreement of a pinball tech repairing the champion pub. As for that, he came over yesterday and found 10 plus shorts due to solder splatter. Asked the pinsider I purchased it from what he repaired. Said he didn't do that.

Really, I'm not accusing anybody but with the amount of damage on this machine and the problem being from solder splatter, not something being bumped together on the ride home, I have trouble believing this. I suppose its good I'm getting out because otherwise I would be totally angry about the lack of support from him. I am now about 800+ dollars into a machine I bought for 3000, and its really only worth 2800.

Reason I don't believe the whole truth is being told is because I told the pinball tech to contact him with any specific questions about repairs done or anything else he knew (trying to save myself money from a lengthy inspection so I can just dump this machine). The pinball tech said he didn't need to because he had seen some of his machines....and I quote "He doesn't know what he is doing, I looked at several of his machines that he blew up. I will do a complete inspection of your machine."

Apologize if I am out of line by complaining about this, just a little put off and I suppose it doesn't matter because I'm done. Thanks for all the help with my other problems and suggesting things to check. I appreciate it. Maybe sometime down the road I will find something I can deal with. Oh yeah, I found a house; so for now I'm happy

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Said I would post on the status of the machines. They are spoken for pending payment and the agreement of a pinball tech repairing the Champion Pub. As for that, he came over yesterday and found 10 plus shorts due to solder splatter. Asked the pinsider I purchased it from what he repaired. Said he didn't do that.
Really, I'm not accusing anybody but with the amount of damage on this machine and the problem being from solder splatter, not something being bumped together on the ride home, I have trouble believing this. I suppose its good I'm getting out because otherwise I would be totally angry about the lack of support from him. I am now about 800+ dollars into a machine I bought for 3000, and its really only worth 2800.
Reason I don't believe the whole truth is being told is because I told the pinball tech to contact him with any specific questions about repairs done or anything else he knew (trying to save myself money from a lengthy inspection so I can just dump this machine). The pinball tech said he didn't need to because he had seen some of his machines....and I quote "He doesn't know what he is doing, I looked at several of his machines that he blew up. I will do a complete inspection of your machine."
Apologize if I am out of line by complaining about this, just a little put off and I suppose it doesn't matter because I'm done. Thanks for all the help with my other problems and suggesting things to check. I appreciate it. Maybe sometime down the road I will find something I can deal with. Oh yeah, I found a house; so for now I'm happy

I'm very sorry to hear that and solder splatter can be a pain and worst than WD-40,A lot of times solder splatter happens when the playfield is up and someone with a solder tool goes crazy with it and not realizing how much solder they drip on other parts while solder switches,diodes,wires etc.I have seen solder splatter damage a lot especially on opto boards.

To future pin owner's when soldering under a playfield please be careful and always lay down a towel so solder drip doesn't get everywhere.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Apologize if I am out of line by complaining about this, just a little put off and I suppose it doesn't matter because I'm done.

Just for the record I don't feel you are out of line. You feel that you were "maybe" somewhat taken advantage of and sold a bill of goods that might have been misrepresented. I am sorry this experience has turned you off from Pinball. Hopefully when you get into your new house (congrats btw) and get everything put away you will have the urge to do some fippin. That being said...think about where you can put some Pins before you decorate the whole house...just sayin.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

That being said...think about where you can put some Pins before you decorate the whole house...just sayin. []

haha yeah...plenty of space in this new house. Had a spot all picked out right next to the wet bar. Funny thing is, the pinsider who sold it to me lives like 10 mins away...lol. Definitely can't afford the hobby anymore. Still like reading on here though

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Definitely can't afford the hobby anymore. Still like reading on here though

You'll be back...No one leaves the Pin Family for good

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

You'll be back...No one leaves the Pin Family for good []

Maybe if I sell a kidney. Anybody need a kidney?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

Anybody need a kidney?

I could use some kidney beans.

#42 7 years ago

I am more interested in an extra liver.

#43 7 years ago

I'll probably have to sell my heart and liver after the tech gets done so I can get rid of the machine. You're first in line.

#44 7 years ago

most annoying FS post ever!

#45 7 years ago

Why? Somebody beat you to it paying the full amount I wanted minus cp having to be fixed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tampa, FL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside