Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Skyemont
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

The is strange and i can't figure it out. Maybe someone else has had the same issue. When i hit the ramp and it goes over to the boxing gloves, it says "jump rope".. What the F.... Also, sometimes when its over there at the boxing gloves, it will think i just finished jumping rope and the boxing gloves will stop moving and the ball gets stuck. Has anyone every had this issue?

#2 8 years ago

You probably already thought of this, but if it is consistent and not somehow intermittent, the connectors on the board or under the playfield may be reversed.

Don't forget to search for danger zone mod.

#3 8 years ago

"Test first, ask questions second".
Switch matrix, wire colors, connectors, etc...
Then report findings here.
Simple things are the most commonly overlooked.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks guys. I will keep you posted..

#5 8 years ago

Just wondering how you made out with your issue

#6 8 years ago

still problems.. all switches work in game and test mode
i checked the wire connections - all look to be correct

could it be the game rom?

#7 8 years ago

Sounds like the switch harnesses for jump rope and speed bag plugged in wrong under the Playfield to me also. Haven't been inside mine for a while to see if they can reach to do such a thing though.

The bag and rope switches register correctly in test mode though?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Sounds like the switch harnesses for jump rope and speed bag plugged in wrong under the Playfield to me also. Haven't been inside mine for a while to see if they can reach to do such a thing though.
The bag and rope switches register correctly in test mode though?

The first thing i checked was to see if under playfield harness switches could reach each other. There is no way they can. In test mode the rope jumps and the gloves box.

#9 8 years ago

Sounds like diode problem to me...check switches to see if one of them is missing a diode, or a leg of a diode came off...

Check the switches in test mode and make sure they register as the proper switch that you are currently pressing...

#10 8 years ago

I have a champion pub also and when the ball goes over to the fists it says flip kid flip which is the same thing it says at the jump rope. So I played a digital version on my phone from pinball arcade and it acts the same way.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

I have a champion pub also and when the ball goes over to the fists it says flip kid flip which is the same thing it says at the jump rope. So I played a digital version on my phone from pinball arcade and it acts the same way.

Are you serious?

#12 8 years ago

Yes I guess that just the way the game plays .

#13 8 years ago

Have a CP as well. Pizza - Bob is correct.

#14 8 years ago

If those two are on the same power driver connector that had been replaced,maybe whoever repaired it switched the wires in the connector.

Check the manual and make sure that the connector is properly wired.

Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Just like a trainer telling a boxer"jab, kid, jab" or " jump, kid, jump". Since you have to use the flipper buttons to do the training exercises, it's "flip, kid, flip."

#16 8 years ago

Please delete both. Sorry guys.

#17 8 years ago

When I'm boxing it says flip kid flip. But, it thinks it's jumping rope because when it's done and the jump rope bar stops, the pinball gets stuck at boxing gloves.

#18 8 years ago

short on the boxing glove area. make sure the switch behind boxing glove bag has the foam insulation. if the foam insulation is wore out it causes a short- if the foam pad is wore out it will piss it off, mine did the same. also, the coils under it need to have protection from bouncing around. i read it on here before. the plastic crap they put on the end of the coil terminals wear out. still trying to fix my boxer, he does not park in the right position, pain in the ass .....

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

short on the boxing glove area. make sure the switch behind boxing glove bag has the foam insulation. if the foam insulation is wore out it causes a short- if the foam pad is wore out it will piss it off, mine did the same. also, the coils under it need to have protection from bouncing around. i read it on here before. the plastic crap they put on the end of the coil terminals wear out. still trying to fix my boxer, he does not park in the right position, pain in the ass .....

damn... sounds like i should just do a complete teardown, fix this issue and led it.

#20 8 years ago

Yeah, I think I'm going to do the same thing with mine. My CP has an issue (short) in the jump rope area. Whenever the ball goes up there it pops the fuse and the solenoid no longer kicks the ball upward. I have to replace the fuse only for it to trip again the next time the ball enters the area. I bought a new solonoid from pinball life and while I'm at it might as well LED the thing. Good luck with yours these get finicky until they are dialed in just right......
It's worth it though, I love this title!

1 month later
#22 8 years ago

Can some run a coil test and tell me if coil 26 works in test mode?

#23 8 years ago

Solenoid #26 'toggle direction' works together with sol #27 'motor ON/OFF'

#24 8 years ago

UPDATE: PROBLEM FIXED.... Went to change the diode on the punching bag switch and noticed it was smashed up against the switch bracket where the wires are soldered on. Bent it back away from the switch bracket and now show works great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-issue-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.