(Topic ID: 357575)

Champion Pub help disassembly. Can't remove outer loop habit trail.

By action76

40 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by action76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CP stupid screw (resized).jpg
CP BBhl (resized).jpg
CP outer loopHL (resized).jpg
#1 40 days ago

How in the world do you remove the large metal habit trail outer loop? There seems to be a 1/4 inch screw in the middle back of the playfield that is holding it down. The screw is vertical and recessed into the backboard and I can't seem to find a tool that will get to it. Surely you don't have to take the entire backboard off the playfield to get to that screw?? There has got to be an easier way. Am I missing something, or is it just a terrible design.

Thanks

#2 40 days ago

post a pic of what you are talking about, i just disassembled mine last yr, but i can't pic what you are talking about.

#3 40 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

post a pic of what you are talking about, i just disassembled mine last yr, but i can't pic what you are talking about.

These are the best pics I have on my phone. The big metal guide that loops around from one side to the other. It has tabs that screw into the playfield every 6 inches or so. One of the tabs is under the back wall (backboard). There is a small notch cut out of the backboard where the screw is. It is like they installed the guide then installed the backboard on top of it. I was hoping there was a better way than removing the backboard, that has, I think, 6 screws going through the bottom of the playfield into the board and two metal brackets with screws on them also.

CP outer loopHL (resized).jpgCP outer loopHL (resized).jpgCP BBhl (resized).jpgCP BBhl (resized).jpg

#4 36 days ago

ccbiggsoo7 Do these pics help explain what I am taking about?

#5 36 days ago
CP stupid screw (resized).jpgCP stupid screw (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.