Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ChPb flips (resized).jpg
20160830_161355 (resized).jpeg
20160830_160603 (resized).jpeg
20160830_160547 (resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

I've been aligning flippers with the holes on the flipper bats without rubbers and they seem to work pretty well. sometimes its at the end of the flippers. If there are no holes, I just align it with the in lanes. Now I have a game that is confusing me champion pub, I have come to believe that if the flippers are aligned correctly, you should be able to shoot the jabs or lanes when the post is up while the ball is resting on the end of the flipper. I've tried aligning it with the holes but it keeps hitting the yellow target on the right. The left keeps hitting the black post.

I was able to finally find out where the flippers would allow this and they look off, like they are way to far up. I bought this game used and didn't really notice until I was half way done with a flipper rebuild. Is this right? or are you not supposed to be able to shoot jabs with the post up?

20160830_160547 (resized).jpeg20160830_160547 (resized).jpeg

20160830_160603 (resized).jpeg20160830_160603 (resized).jpeg

20160830_161355 (resized).jpeg20160830_161355 (resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Those don't look right.

#3 7 years ago

Looks wrong. Gold and yellow... my gawd.

#4 7 years ago

I would forget about what you should be able to do shooting the ball off the up-post and align the flippers with the inlanes.

ChPb flips (resized).jpgChPb flips (resized).jpg

Your flips are too advanced. This will make it a snap to catch balls and shoot backhands. It will make the game much easier. And that's OK if you like it like that, but not how it was designed/intended.

#5 7 years ago

I always align the flippers with the inlanes. When Williams/Bally had this game on test, I remember that with the center post up and the ball resting on it, you were able to shoot both left or right upside down ramps.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

I would forget about what you should be able to do shooting the ball off the up-post and align the flippers with the inlanes.

Your flips are too advanced. This will make it a snap to catch balls and shoot backhands. It will make the game much easier. And that's OK if you like it like that, but not how it was designed/intended.

yeah, sound advice. still gonna bother me though, since I thought you were supposed to be able to do that.

#7 7 years ago

Well, maybe you can find a happy medium where the bats aren't so advanced and still able to make those shots some or most of the time.

1 week later
#8 7 years ago

Well I finally figured it out. The new rubber I put on were like a mm thicker then the others I took off causing it to hit the yellow target. I went ahead and bought some narrow super bands so hopefully I don't have to stay with these purple old crappy bands.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Stratford, CT
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-flipper-alignment?hl=neuromancer87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.