Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Sylwood2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi everyone! First post here, but thats because I now own my first machine! A Champion Pub in decent condition. For the most part, I luckily avoided getting something needing any major restoration. It's in decent all around shape, but it missed a little general maintenance from over the years (recently replaced over 45 bulbs, all rubber, adjusted switches and so on).

Anyway, I hope I'm not asking anything that has been covered before. I'm at the point where I'm going to do a rebuild on the flippers (they're a bit sticky and inconsistent). I was hoping to get a point of reference for flipper adjustment when I put them back together. When I have the ball save on, if I were to let the ball rest on the flipper against the ball save, should I be able to flip from rest into either of the "jabs" (left flipper to right jab, right flipper to left jab)? Is that "good alignment" or is there another alignment that should work? What I'm hoping for is a baseline. Since I know my flippers right now are not optimal (inconsistent results from the exact same shots I just described) it means I have no basis for comparison.

If anyone could give me an idea of what would be a reasonable or potentially "correct" baseline for the flipper alignment, I would be grateful. I look forward to being able to enjoy this game as it was intended.

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Yes, ideally you should be able to make either one of the jabs from the resting position with the ball save on.

Champion Pub was my first game too. I got really good at fixing the boxer and heavy bag.

#3 1 year ago

I thought so! Thanks! Thats super helpful!

Now I can make sure the game plays correctly.

#4 1 year ago

The other thing that will effect the accuracy of the flip to hit the jabs off the post is the [post itself]. The post can become loose on the armature. If this happens it will make the shot miss the jab.

2 weeks later
#5 11 months ago

Im having the same problem... The right flipper misses the left "start fight fight" lane, it hits the bumper. How do I adjust for this? My first pinball machine !!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside