(Topic ID: 161029)

Champion Pub Club - Come on in & pound a few...

By Stebel

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 593 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by CelticKnot
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3012 (resized).jpg
20240302_094944 (resized).jpg
20240129_203222~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203206~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203151~2[1] (resized).JPG
407337220_1402737207294497_1793344920108833970_n (resized).jpg
407237287_2109037179449838_4787912479427179026_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2805 (resized).png
IMG-2380 (resized).jpg
IMG-2381 (resized).jpg
IMG-2379 (resized).jpg
cp1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5781 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scroat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 5 years ago

Does anyone have high res scans of the following decals?

They are part numbers 31-3102-5 and 31-3102-7

I have high res scans (600 dpi) of 5 of the other decals, but not these two.

E8A5A935-4FE4-494A-8843-D6873354C14F (resized).pngE8A5A935-4FE4-494A-8843-D6873354C14F (resized).png6788F6FE-B22D-424A-B1F7-7A4BC7110E4F (resized).png6788F6FE-B22D-424A-B1F7-7A4BC7110E4F (resized).png
#159 5 years ago

when I added grommets to the posts separating the return lanes from the outlanes, the ball gets stuck on both sides. The posts aren't bent. Do you think the slingshot rubbers could be too thick?

1 month later
#169 5 years ago

how do the blades mount? do you need to remove them to lift the playfield?

Quoted from jGraffix:

Champion Pub GameBlades™ and Backboard Decal
Designed by Tilt Graphics Inc.com
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/champion-pub
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#172 5 years ago

What I asked is if you have to remove the blades to lift the playfield to avoid damaging the blades

#178 5 years ago

Question about sound rom upgrades.... I’m seein that S7 is the latest sound rom update. I just swapped game roms from 1.3 to 1.6 with a big improvement. Anyone have input on The Differences in the sound rom is and if it’s worth it to upgrade?

2 weeks later
#182 5 years ago

So my ball keeps getting trapped at the top of the right green ramp on the plastic. it's getting trapped in the bend of the wireform. I have all new plastic standoffs that I haven't installed, but can anyone tell me or show me pictures of what is screwed into the standoffs below the spot?

The circled area is where the ball gets stuck and the ? marks point to the posts that I may be missing hardware on. I could thread screws in there, but i want the proper hardware.

ball stuck (resized).PNGball stuck (resized).PNG
#184 5 years ago

Actually I Should have been more clear. I’m looking for what is underneath the plastic in the circled area?

D17F28C8-19A6-4AF5-A739-721B44AACCF8 (resized).jpegD17F28C8-19A6-4AF5-A739-721B44AACCF8 (resized).jpeg
#189 5 years ago

I’ve added a bolt to the post and put a piece of target foam on it to Prevent scratching the plastic, but the ball occasionally still get stuck in the wire form in the circled area. I may end up custom making a plastic for this area to prevent the ball trap, or some other yet to be determined fix. Am I the only one with the issue that the ball gets stuck there? See circled area on photo.

755D6242-B3C0-4430-B814-DC7C65030762 (resized).jpeg755D6242-B3C0-4430-B814-DC7C65030762 (resized).jpeg
#193 5 years ago

Yeah it’s leveled correct. I’m OCD about that. I’ll figure something out, thanks!

#195 5 years ago

Finally put my 1.6 rom in. I had to adjust my factory danger zone switch a little bit but everything is working great and no more double ball launch.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

OK I figured out the Speed Bag Issue: My speed bag is missing the "Stickable Cushion" behind the speed bag switch. The speed bag will not work without that cushion or if your cushion is worn out or damaged. The cushion keeps the switch from vibrating when it is hit. When switch vibrates the game will stop registering hits until the switch stops vibrating so there will be a pause between hits. This takes the "Speed" out of the speed bag. So you will only come away with two or three hits. There is a way to test your speed bag efficiency. Put your game into "Speed Bag" test mode. Close the coin door, take a ball and hold it against one of the fists with your finger, press the corresponding flipper button and let the fist knock the ball out of your fingers and hit the speed bag. The game will register the hit by showing the switch close (on the DMD) then toggle back to open (ready for the next hit) This should occur rapidly if there is a delay between open closed then there is a problem with the switch or the switch vibrating too much. When you press the speed bag you should feel that cushion. If you do not or if it feels loose the cushion needs to be replace. Fixed mine up this evening and put the speed back into the speed bag!

That’s good to know, thanks! Now get back to being speed bag champion

3 months later
#289 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Any easy fix for these decals? Mine are getting banged up[quoted image][quoted image]

I have high res scans of the originals. You could get them printed on vinyl at a sign shop

10 months later
#345 3 years ago

I just finished a shop job on my Champion Pub. Other than star posts, I found no plastic posts on my machine, so I have plenty extra plastic posts from the post kit I bought. Does anyone have a Layout of the plastic posts and a layout schematic of the play field plastics?

I also have no idea where the tapered rubber post sleeve goes. There’s no room on my machine in the side of the left jab assembly for it to go as shown in the manual.

Also, the aftermarket back panel sticker I installed looks great! You should put one on your machines

A3A94081-C84B-4464-B978-F12B92503A1D (resized).jpegA3A94081-C84B-4464-B978-F12B92503A1D (resized).jpegF5D324D1-E2F1-451A-B15B-9B3217A00307 (resized).jpegF5D324D1-E2F1-451A-B15B-9B3217A00307 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Scroat, where did you buy these three decals? Looks very good.

What three decals are you referring to? The back panel decal is just a single sticker. The other two decorative pieces near the speed bag and jump rope are plastics and there is a sticker around the jump rope.

Back panel decal came from here:

https://treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/champion-pub/champion-pub.htm

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Yes... please do tell.
Thanks!
Kerry

Back panel decal came from here:

https://treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/champion-pub/champion-pub.htm

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

I was mentioning the backpanel decal and the floor decals at speed bag and jump rope. Thanks!

I ordered the floor decals from there too, and took them to a sign shop to have multiple duplicates made on vinyl stickers, so now I have plenty of replacements should I need them.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/champion-pub
The side blades look great too. I haven't done the back panel because it looks quite a bit of work!
I think I have just bout everything to recreate that topper...pretty awesome!

The back panel decal was easier than I expected. just take it slow and steady and take lots of pictures. I have the side blades from tilt coming this week.

1 year later
#460 2 years ago

I have this nagging issue where my boxer’s right arm sags just enough to catch the ball only for it to be freed during the ball search routine.

It is aggravating I keep tightening the arm in the proper position but it always sags I think the force that the solenoids fire of the arms during boxing events is just too strong.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to tighten or keep the shoulder pin tightened to prevent this from happening? Maybe I need to use some locktite. I have a spare set of arms and I might end up grinding off just a little bit of the middle knuckle to keep the ball from catching, but I don’t want do that it unless I don’t have to.

I can’t remember if there’s a set screw in the shoulder pin or not. Any help?

10 months later
#502 1 year ago

Has anyone solved the non stop jump rope issue?

10 months later
#557 5 months ago
Quoted from Buzzie:

I am having an issue with the ball becoming hung up and stuck under the fighter’s right hand when entering that side of the orbit. Will whthrs166 suggestion solve this issue? Thanks!

Same issue. I had to take the boxer’s fist to my bench grinder and remove some material

#559 5 months ago

Has anyone installed the wood look speaker panel decal from wizard mod? I’m wondering how the raised chrome logo and raised plastic ring around the Bally logo affect decal installation?

IMG_2805 (resized).pngIMG_2805 (resized).png

2 months later
#566 3 months ago

Are you sure it’s a translite in your machine?

Mine has a backglass, and they are ridiculously expensive to replace. Be careful with the light box assembly.

Quoted from Merendino:

I appreciate ya! I actually checked fuses right after posting (it's not my game yet so I didn't feel right about poking around on it extensively) and one was missing; also the lights for the translite were unplugged. All is golden now!

1 month later
#571 59 days ago

Looks great. Can you link to the green and red leds you used? I have a couple spare light boards that I want to try this on. Also, do you have any desire to replicate this for people if we send you our light boards?

Quoted from fur_dozy:

Hey Folks! Just got a Champion Pub in fairly nice condition and have been going through adding the little touches to give it some extra polish. The place I bought it from loaded it with green LED's which I'll probably swap at least a good portion back out for warm white. Besides the basic stuff, I've done the following two things that I though you all might like to see:
First, I replaced the original life LED's with green and red LED's that are a bit brighter. I feel like it helps you track the life meters during fights in your peripheral. I had initially got some new resistors to go with them in case I needed to adjust the forward voltage on the diodes, but the original resistors were within spec and I like the brightness level I'm getting right now. Feel free to let me have it if you think it's hideous.
[quoted image]
Part of me wants to experiment with RGB LED's to perhaps have the option to change the color of the LED's from a green color when the bar is full, and fade to yellow then orange then red as the meter is emptied.
The other thing I added was the missing gate for the "on the ropes" section. I might post this info over on the thread on the topic, but I ended up using this bracket from Theatre of Magic(https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-13869). I made a custom gate with music wire from the local hobby shop and connected it with this cord(https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/H-14252-2). It can be done cheaper if you don't mind buying the connector and crimping it. I will probably go back and fine tune the gate and square up the edges later, but for now it is working as intended.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
If anyone is looking at this and wants to do what I did with the gate, I'll just let you know that I put the gate on the bracket as is with the exception of the last bend on the side that rests against the bracket making it a one way gate. That way I was able to flex the whole thing enough to get it on there and then finally make that last bend that keeps the ball from bouncing back out after it enters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Stratford, CT
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scroat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-club-come-on-in-pound-a-few?tu=Scroat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.