(Topic ID: 161029)

Champion Pub Club - Come on in & pound a few...

By Stebel

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by CelticKnot
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3012 (resized).jpg
20240302_094944 (resized).jpg
20240129_203222~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203206~2[1] (resized).JPG
20240129_203151~2[1] (resized).JPG
407337220_1402737207294497_1793344920108833970_n (resized).jpg
407237287_2109037179449838_4787912479427179026_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2805 (resized).png
IMG-2380 (resized).jpg
IMG-2381 (resized).jpg
IMG-2379 (resized).jpg
cp1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5781 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bendit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 7 years ago

just joined the club today!

#54 7 years ago

thanks! what kind of leds did you guys use behind the back glass?

yellow tint to preserve the old school look?

back glass is beautiful!

#57 7 years ago

Thanks Cad-Kid!

Here's a list of issues I am working through:

The Champion Pub - To Do List
(Top 2 items are game-stoppers. Game cannot be played with glass installed)

-Boxer's right arm doesn't always go back down after the coil fires. When the boxer rotate back (to show the punching bag again), its arm gets caught in the ramp, binding the motor and crushing the ramp, and damaging the boxer's knuckles.
Possible culprit: Page 2-23, 1j and 1g: 4010-01186-04 (SS 10-32 x 1/4 SH-SCP(2)) and A-22188 (Plunger Assembly).
Feels like the arm linkage binds at its top position (when the arm is at its top-most position).

-Ball Search mode while in play.
Page 2-34, A22221 (Disappearing Post Assembly). Up to three balls can be "locked" behind this post (each ball has a switch on the playfield). When 2 or more balls are behind the post, the post doesn't do its job. It partially lets a ball through, but the ball gets stuck between the post and the side-rail. The game will not re-try to fire the post coil while in ball-search mode. So the game is stuck forever.
Possible culprit: Wrong coil installed? Sleeve mucked? Spring too strong?
Page 2-34, Coil is AE-26-1500. Spring is 10-135.

-Right flipper has play in the linkage. Game could use a flipper rebuild kit?

-No bass / low frequency in the sound at all! All three(3) speakers produce sound though, but it's super trebbly, even when game set to medium volume. Very obvious when compare to Last Action Hero and STTNG (in the same game room).
Right speakers are installed? The right speaker in the head is much smaller than the left.
Replacement Speakers? Pinside post.
5 1/4 units from marco #5555-12856-00 ($15.95 x 2) (If you change both you need to change the speaker mount for the RH side)
Changing the bottom speaker out with a marco 6 inch 5555-12929-00 ($18.99 x 1) also made a good change.
(Of course you could just purchase a flipper fidelity sound system from Pinball life)

-Boxer's head has a crack at the mounting screws. Page 2-23, item 3b, 31-3064 (Boxer Head, Molded).
Might super-glue the crack to stop it?

-Speedbag spotlight doesn't light up. Since all the G.I. shuts down during speedbag, makes it hard to see the ball.
*FIXED* : Took the socket apart. One socket prong was closed too tight, so one side of the LED couldn't grab properly.

-Ball search mode while in play (Problem #1).
*FIXED* : Took apart the trough opto boards and cleaned the LEDs and receivers.

#63 7 years ago

Cad-Kid, thank you for your post! Great information!

1 week later
#65 6 years ago

backglass converted to leds. thank you all for the advice and suggestions! i used a combination of warm and cool 4-led wedges.

cool white leds are behind the green curtains and behind the purple suit guys (bottom). there is also one behind the female waitress.

looks great i think!

20170429_105406 (resized).jpg20170429_105406 (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago

What I did (if you want to do it on the cheap) :

ebay.com link: itm

and

ebay.com link: itm

Which is $29.88 including shipping, and you'll have some spares too.

1 month later
#67 6 years ago

What pitch is your game set at?

(having issues with balls being released from the lock-post. I am guessing my game is not steep enough)

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

You may have to re-center the post mech or disassemble and clean the post, coil sleeve, & coil stop.

Thanks for the tip! My post goes down and up too fast, doesn't release the ball if there's more than 1 behind the post.

#71 6 years ago

Thanks. Those switches tested just fine. I will attempt to level the pin at maybe 6.5 degrees, and maybe re-aligning the coil mech. Thanks for the tips!

4 months later
#86 6 years ago

What images/cards are you guys using for the card rule on the apron?

Both my cards are the crappy white ones with the big boring fonts...

Thoughts?

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

I have these.

Thanks guys! Wow, these look awesome.

3 weeks later
#105 6 years ago

I have pinsound on my CP also.

I had to replace the entire WPC95 A/V board.

Get Pinsound board with WPC95 option and a new Rottendog Williams WPC89/S DMD Controller http://www.rottendog.us/DMD089.html board to completely replace a bad WPC95 A/V board.

(from my own thread about this exact topic)

CP sounds GREAT! Much better than the original sounds that were ouput from the original WPC95 A/V board. The highs, the lows, all better representations now.

#109 6 years ago

Could you please provide a picture of the lit arm ramps? I'd like to see that. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#113 6 years ago

Wow. Look at that. Thanks for the pic!

1 year later
#202 5 years ago

Wow!!!!

1 month later
#218 4 years ago

Congrats!

But good luck finding the real original backglass (if you don't already have it). That's a pricey "mod" indeed!

2 weeks later
#247 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Switch is sold

I bet it is!

Great work!

#255 4 years ago

Wow! Beautiful!

3 weeks later
#268 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

and color dmd.

I am actually adding ColorDMD to CP as well! In about 20 mins, when I'm done with STTNG...

#269 4 years ago

I'll need to do some cable management. ColorDMD, Pinsound and a separate DMD driver board (since I am not using the old WPC95 AV board anymore).

CP ColorDMD (resized).jpgCP ColorDMD (resized).jpg
1 week later
#271 4 years ago

Alright, I am having an issue (that was present before I added a ColorDMD):

Game sometimes takes forever to register a ball drain. And sometimes it will not serve a ball from the trough, and go to ball search mode.

I went into the switch test and saw that this switch was blinking on and off really fast (spamming the IO):

SW 46
Bag Pole Center
wht-blu grn-wht

What the heck is Bag Pole Center?

The trough tested fine.

Could be related: I noticed that the spotlights above the jabs are burning bulbs. Probably getting more voltage than it should? Light matrix issue too? Related?

Any direction would be appreciated. I'll reseat all my connectors tonight.... Thanks for any info! Cheers!

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

IMHO ColorLED is far superior over the ColorLCD in STTNG

I can beleive it. I have a LED screen on my LAH and it's vibrant for sure!

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Reseat all of your plugs at the 20 switch opto board.

Thanks. I had to reseat about 5 connectors under the playfield! I am back in business!

Also, the back pole coil got disconnected, the wire clamp thingy just got lose over time. I should solder this sucker.

Also resoldered the right EOS switch. The wire just dopped. lol back in business there too.

So, now the question: How are the spolights on top of the 2 jab ramp supposed to behave?????

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Ok Update: the spot light/ flasher do the following on my game:

Wow thanks! Ok, so maybe the behavior I am getting in mine is normal. It's just that the LEDs that I have in those 2 sockets seem fried to me.

Now that you tell me that there are 2 intensities for them, makes more sense!

And you are right. When I got the game, the bulb holders were melted! What would cause that!? The transistor got stuck on and the bulbs got too hot???? Weird.

I reinstalled brand new spotlights on mine, and installed 2 LEDs. But like I said, I have not been happy with them. I need to take a voltage reading on these suckers.

Thanks again for your help/info! CHEERS!

Oh, before I forget. Do you have issues with the post releasing balls when they are locked? It doesn't seem like a good design to me. Sometimes when I have 2-3 balls locked, the post will not go down long enough to release a ball. It'll go in ball search until it finally does attempt to release again. My game is at a pitch of about 6.5 degrees. You'd think that would be enough. Maybe I can try to wax the metal post and the metal ramp...

#283 4 years ago

Wait... wait. Are you saying that the bulbs in the spotlight holders are supposed to be flashers???

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes so dont use 6v LEDs in there. You have to use flasher LEDs.

sssshhhiiiitttt! That's why. Jeez. Thanks. They were cheap LEDs anyways, so I don't care about them being ruined. That's exciting though, can't wait to see how it's supposed to look like. Oh man, I don't think I have white LED flashers on hand...

Quoted from whthrs166:

So their sensitivity Needs to be the same for the three.

Hm. Ok, I see what you mean. Because one of the 3 switches might be a little harder to depress, it might screw up how the balls release when the post goes down, correct? Wow. Never thought about it that way before. It's not all the metal post's fault. Makes sense. But were talking about minute differences in spring tension, right? Jeez. Like I said, not a super-great design eh?

#288 4 years ago

Awesome info. Thanks!

I found some 13v led flashers in my spare bag. It's warm white Omni directional, which is wrong for my game, but I got to witness the glory of a properly lit game! I found 2 big directional wedges too, but they're not labeled at all for voltage. Anyways. Again, thanks for your time. Cheers.

4 months later
#299 4 years ago

You know when you turn on the machine, the jump rope motor goes for a little while? Probably testing something?

What would make it not stop running?

I sometimes get this on my machine.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

When the game is switched on the jump rope spins so the game can look for the optos. Once it sees them, the jump rope will park. If the jump rope just keeps spinning, then the game is not seeing the optos change state. It sounds like your rope opto is going bad. Fortunately it is a cheap fix. Marco has the opto for that board. Part number 5490-14327-00. You will have to remove the jump rope assembly to get the board out. It is really small. Text me if you need help with that.

Thanks! I will attempt to clean the opto first. I wouldn't have guessed that it's trying to trigger the opto with the rope. Nice. Thanks!

#307 4 years ago

Wow that's awesome!

2 months later
#332 4 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Anyone running pinsound in theirs?

I am, without the wpc95 board entirely. With the original mix.

4 months later
#369 3 years ago

You can wager points with the latest version of software?

#374 3 years ago

How do you trigger the wagering process? Is it hard to miss? I've done it before, but not since I upgraded my rom version.

I remember the game stopping to prompt for a wager?

#375 3 years ago

I just played and it did not ask me to wager before the pub champ fight.

Is wagering not a factory setting for version 1.6?

#378 3 years ago

Thanks for the info guys.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Once you become Pub Champion and get all the jewels, The next fight can be a Wager fight.

So there's no wagering for the pub champ fight then?

(I've enabled "special mode" in the game adjustments. I have no idea what that does.)

#380 3 years ago

Thanks! Makes sense now.

6 months later
#388 3 years ago

Hello! I have a couple issues with my game.

1) Jump rope motor takes 2 cold boots to stop spinning during the cold boot testing. Might keep spinning during a game too. Bad transistor? Thought? The jump rope opto tests just fine.

2) The lock post (that locks the 3 balls) is turning my game into a paperweight. It will not release the balls properly. The mech seems fine, but a 26-1500 coil is installed instead of a ae-27-1200 that is specified in the manual. My game is pitched at around 6.5 degrees, and the 3 lock switches test properly. The lock post doesn't stay down long enough to release the balls properly it seems. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your time!

#390 3 years ago

My edit didn't post from my phone. Bummer. I think I found the issue with the #1 issue. The lighted cointaker topper tapped into J141, which powers the jump rope motor! Once I unplugged the topper, the game cold booted fine 4 times. I also noticed that the jump rope spins faster now during a game. The interesting thing is that the piggy-back connector on j141 appears to be professionally made (for the topper). Seems like the topper company and the previous owner really thought it was OK to power the topper this way? Hm.

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

On the ball lock you may be able to get the plunger to stay down longer if you tweak the switch wire. Perhaps the switches are turning off too soon?

I see! So you are saying that the post comes down, and comes up not based on a millisecond timing, but based on the switch being released? Interesting. In this case, I would have to make my switch wires taller, right? Thanks for your suggestion (and your time).

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

That's my theory

It was a good theory, but it's false. The post is entirely governed by timing.

I think I found my issue. My damn balls are magnetized!!!!!!!

F me.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

WOW! Thank you for the information.

Sure thing! I don't have other games with a huge magnet like the one used for the CP jump rope. Truth is, I should have thought about magnetism sooner! I spent months pondering why that damn lock post was not working properly!

Another symptom is the balls will stick in the ball trough and the game won't be able to serve a ball.

Again, obvious now.

10 months later
#452 2 years ago

Hi!

Question for you fine folks!

On a cold start, my jump rope motor just goes and goes and goes... I have to turn off the machine.

On the second cold start, the jump rope works just fine (it runs its test properly).

The jump rope opto tests properly.

Transistor going bad?

Thoughts? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bendit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/champion-pub-club-come-on-in-pound-a-few?tu=Bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.